Coach of the Year

shustrang

District 5AA McMinn Central coach John Morgan is closing in on his 700th win, should come next year. He hasn't lost a district or region game in the past 2 years. He has won the district seasons for the last 4 years, and won the district and region tournaments for the last 3 years. For the last 4 years he is at 113-18. In the last 7 years, he has had 11 players receive scholarships.

District 5AA McMinn Central coach John Morgan is closing in on his 700th win, should come next year. He hasn't lost a district or region game in the past 2 years. He has won the district seasons for the last 4 years, and won the district and region tournaments for the last 3 years. For the last 4 years he is at 113-18. In the last 7 years, he has had 11 players receive scholarships.

Absolutely!!! I wonder WWCMD if faced with a Greenville Situation? I bet it would be an interesting discussion thread if there weren't so many things to talk about here at tourney season. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Two that should be recognized for doing well:

Cleveland's Powell-Her state tournament team last year graduated three Division I-signing seniors (NC State, Belmont, Western KY) and two who would be starting this year, a post and a guard, aren't on the team. One moved and one is focusing on another sport. Another starter has been hurt several weeks. Still her team won 22 games and finished at the top of their district.

Sequatchie's Barker-They're now going with basically one player who was expected to be starting coming into the season, the other four starters were expected to be main backups (one senior who started a little last year and three freshmen). Three left the team and another was hurt six games ago. One of the three signed Division I, one was receiving small college interest and another was a good scorer at times, she had 20 points in the district tournament title game last year. The player hurt was among the Chattanooga area leaders in every category (points, steals, rebounds, assists, also averaged 4 blocks) and should be playing in college next year. They've managed to win 21 games and tied for first in the district (15-1), they got the top seed in the tournament on a tie-breaker. Five of six losses were to Tennessee AAA teams or Georgia 4A teams, the team was leading in the other loss (CCS) late in the third, before the player mentioned was injured.