District 11AA

fullcourtpress22

Great day of softball at Waverly. Here are the results:

Game 1: Sycamore beat Stewart County 6-1

Game 2: Waverly Central beat Montgomery Central 4-2

Game 3: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central 8-7 in 12 innings. One of the best games I have ever watched. Hard to believe it was 1-1 going to extras. Rye (MC) and West (Sycamore) both went the distance and West faced the minimum through 5 IP.

I was informed that Harpeth beat Cheatham County 3-2 and that Fairview beat Creek Wood 5-4. Harpeth was down 3-0 to Creek Wood the last report I heard and I believe it was the 4th inning. Fantastic tournament going on. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sounds like a fantastic game. I really enjoyed watching Sycamore on Thursday. Did #2 pitch for Sycamore again? Cetainly not taking anything away from Creek Wood but that was 30 innings played by Sycamore over less than 30 hours? I certainly commend them on a great year.

Hopefully the weather cooperates. It's been a great tournament. Can't make it personally but I hope everyone is safe going to and from the games tomorrow.

Sounds like Fairview got a raw deal. Somebody ought to stand up to the people who propose the ridiculous formats and rules in this district. If not, then just go ahead and declare Creekwood the automatic winner in 11AA. 11AA used to have a single elimination tourney, but the perrenial favorites changed the tourney to double elimination, undoubtedly in an attempt to ensure their own advancement to the region and reduce the likelihood of upsets. Now, even though Fairview gets it done on the field, the same "powers that be" make rules and decisions that are completely unfair. Maybe I am wrong about this, but it seems like this situation could have been avoided. Need checks and balances in this district, but it seems like Coach Jackson always gets her way. Great job Fairview, almost everybody wishes you had gotten the opportunity to get it done on the field.

More than anything, I think it is unfair to the seniors. Their last high school game is VERY special to these girls. It's just a shame that some of them played their last game.........and didn't even know it.

If Fairview is still in the winner's bracket, EVERYTHING should have been done to make sure this played out. Change venues or something. I can understand how people would be disappointed, knowing that their team was still in the winner's bracket. 12-1 in the regular season does not mean anything in the post season. How many times have we heard the phrase "everbody is 0-0 when post season starts"?.

I hate it for Fairview as much as anyone but the format is apparently voted on as a group. In addition you can't control the weather. Going a step further you have to put emphasis on the safety of the young people. Again I see the frustration Fairview fans might have in that they were the only team of the final four to not have a chance to advance. Had Sycamore defeated Creek Wood Friday night it would have been Sycamore and not Fairview to get the automatic bid even though Fairview beat Sycamore to start the tournament.

In regards to the 0-0 record in the postseason I see what you are saying. However, it's not fair to take away from a 1 loss district schedule. Would you be for random pairings in the postseason with no emphasis on regular season records?

More than anything, I think it is unfair to the seniors. Their last high school game is VERY special to these girls. It's just a shame that some of them played their last game.........and didn't even know it.

If Fairview is still in the winner's bracket, EVERYTHING should have been done to make sure this played out. Change venues or something. I can understand how people would be disappointed, knowing that their team was still in the winner's bracket. 12-1 in the regular season does not mean anything in the post season. How many times have we heard the phrase "everbody is 0-0 when post season starts"?.

Yea, Bird, sad for seniors.....I think district tourny is useless...why bust your butt all regular season then have it not mean anything to be beat out....Forget the district tourny......Send the top two from each district straight to regionals, that way working hard all season means the most and makes teams play each other 3 times in the district play! Won't have to chase all the silly out of state tournys to get 30 games...Like some coaches do!

How in the world can you call a tournament & (1) of the teams left in the winners bracket not advance? I don't know all of the prevailing circumstances but I think this would be a hard case to push off on anyone! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Any smart coach is playing the regular season just to prepare for District tourney time. "Regular Season Champ's" Mean's very little other than seeding the district tournament. I've seen a few coaches that didn't even want to show "everything" during the regular season just so they could spring it come tournament time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

How in the world can you call a tournament & (1) of the teams left in the winners bracket not advance? I don't know all of the prevailing circumstances but I think this would be a hard case to push off on anyone! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Any smart coach is playing the regular season just to prepare for District tourney time. "Regular Season Champ's" Mean's very little other than seeding the district tournament. I've seen a few coaches that didn't even want to show "everything" during the regular season just so they could spring it come tournament time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maybe "Sandbagging" is the way to go? Kinda like the $$ in my wallet.............