AAA - 110M Hurdles and 100M Dash

SatchUmp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Who are the top returning 110M hurdlers in the state for AAA? Who are expected to be at state? Who are expected to post times in the 14's and what are their best times from last year.

Who are the top returning 100M sprinters? What are their best times from '08?

There's a little girl from Hunters Lane that I heard can fly. Does anyone know who she is?

Satch,

Don't you know that no one in the state runs hurdles or sprints? It is a distance only state....LOL

Yes, it seems you are correct. After attempting to ask the question here, and after checking out TennesseeRunner, I certainly see that Tennessee High School track is all about distance and that "running around parks sport"...whats it called... oh, cross county. I don't get it. I'll take Usain Bolt, Edwin Moses, Jessie Owens, or Michael Johnson any day over Steve Prefontaine or Benard Lagat. Sprints are exciting and are some of the worlds greatest athletes. Distance makes me doze like Nascar....zzzzz. Just having fun boys....

Too bad, I'd really like to hear who the top returning hurdlers and sprinters are. I am especially interested in the 110MH for boys and the 100 dash for boys. Guess we'll have to wait and see... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Anyone running hurdles and 100 in AAA this year?

To name a few in the 100m in AAA look at for the following (in no particular order):

Travosia Miller - Stratford

DeAngelo Gray - Stratford

Derrick Murrell - Fairley

Jaz Davis - Hunters Lane

Chaz Scales - Centennial

Raymond Jackson - Centennial

If you are in the Metro Nashville area (in reference to sprints and relays) look for Hunter's Lane and Stratford to do battle.

Anyone running hurdles and 100 in AAA this year?

How about East Tennessee? Is there any East Tennessee Ridge Runners out there. Mountain Lakes Conference to be specific. I have been reading about the distance domination, however, there has to be a need for speed. Is there any one out there that can produce some RPM's in the MLC. Last week, trying to get a little taste of my need for speed, I attended a meet at Tennessee high school in Bristol Tennessee. I was very impressed by a kid who ran the 100 m and 400m in very cold and wet weather. I saw some potential RPM,s. I enjoy spending a day at the track. It does not matter which event as long as it is competitive. I just wanted to see if there are any names out there to lock in on as the season unfolds.

• 3 weeks later...

How about East Tennessee? Is there any East Tennessee Ridge Runners out there. Mountain Lakes Conference to be specific. I have been reading about the distance domination, however, there has to be a need for speed. Is there any one out there that can produce some RPM's in the MLC. Last week, trying to get a little taste of my need for speed, I attended a meet at Tennessee high school in Bristol Tennessee. I was very impressed by a kid who ran the 100 m and 400m in very cold and wet weather. I saw some potential RPM,s. I enjoy spending a day at the track. It does not matter which event as long as it is competitive. I just wanted to see if there are any names out there to lock in on as the season unfolds.

Geppetto, not sure yet about the boys 100M, 200M, or 400M yet in East Tennessee. The meets that have been ran up here are pretty much the early meets that don't match the best runners up. The times have been slow for the most part. As an example, D-B held a meet that they called the "Tri-Cities Championships" but only invited two other schools besides themselves... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am most curious about the Boys 110M Hurdles throughout the state. What boys, specifically in AAA Public schools, are in the mid-15's or possibly the 14's for the 100MH? Geppetto, to answer your question specifically about East Tennessee, the only hurdler to fit into this time window, that I know of, is Seth Watterson of Sullivan South. The boys from D-B, Johnson City, Bristol, etc all seem to be 17 sec+.