AAA - 110M Hurdles and 100M Dash

SatchUmp

You can get a good feel for times by looking at the results from last year (and looking for underclassmen).

TSSAA has previous years listed; boys and girls:

http://www.tssaa.org/2007Champions/StateTr...e.htm(2007/2008 school year)

Other than that it is hard to tell because not a lot of meets are posted.

Then, you are not sure if it is electronic timing or hand-timing.

http://www.tssaa.org/2007Champions/StateTrack/home.htm

Sorry about the previous link...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a good feel for times by looking at the results from last year (and looking for underclassmen).

TSSAA has previous years listed; boys and girls:

http://www.tssaa.org/2007Champions/StateTr...e.htm(2007/2008 school year)

Other than that it is hard to tell because not a lot of meets are posted.

Then, you are not sure if it is electronic timing or hand-timing.

http://www.tssaa.org/2007Champions/StateTrack/home.htm

Sorry about the previous link...

Thanks FFFan. Only problem is TSSAA left off the grade of about half the kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Sullivan South's Seth Watterson on his Big 9 Conference championship in the 110 hurdles @ 15.75. This should be another confidence boost heading into football season Satch. I was also pleased to see South's sprint relay teams comprised of footballers finish 1st and 2nd respectively in the 4x200 and the 4x100. That speed will play well this fall.

Whew! Seth was FANTASTIC at DB yesterday- He blew my hair back, Satch! Bobby Mama had to fix his face with kisses and hugs and stuff at the finish line. We were SOOOO proud of him and know you are too.

Seth FAN &

Bobby Mama

Wow! That's pretty impressive "spoils to the victor" D. We may have a bunch more guys fighting harder to finish 1st on that track team! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In East TN John Anderson from Webb School of Knoxville ran 15.06 in the 110hurdles to win the Knoxville Invitational League (KIL)

and he is not in AAA, but Justin Emerson from Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK, A-AA) won the 100m dash at the KIL in 10.81 (but qualified with a 10.72, no wind)

Geppetto, not sure yet about the boys 100M, 200M, or 400M yet in East Tennessee. The meets that have been ran up here are pretty much the early meets that don't match the best runners up. The times have been slow for the most part. As an example, D-B held a meet that they called the "Tri-Cities Championships" but only invited two other schools besides themselves... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am most curious about the Boys 110M Hurdles throughout the state. What boys, specifically in AAA Public schools, are in the mid-15's or possibly the 14's for the 100MH? Geppetto, to answer your question specifically about East Tennessee, the only hurdler to fit into this time window, that I know of, is Seth Watterson of Sullivan South. The boys from D-B, Johnson City, Bristol, etc all seem to be 17 sec+.

Im not to up to date with the boys best hurdle times but there is a girl named Alex Sain down at AC who is ranked top 3rd in the state in 100 MH in A/AA. My daughter runs with her and i watched her run in the sectional pentathlon where she took home the gold. Alex is a top of the line athleate and i wish her luck in the state pentathlon which she won last year. Please post anything you know about her.

In East TN John Anderson from Webb School of Knoxville ran 15.06 in the 110hurdles to win the Knoxville Invitational League (KIL)

and he is not in AAA, but Justin Emerson from Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK, A-AA) won the 100m dash at the KIL in 10.81 (but qualified with a 10.72, no wind)

Justin is an awesome kid and a good ambassador for the sport. Hope to see him and his parents at the State meet.