6AA baseball

thechosen1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The five-team district for Sequatchie in some years instead of the nine-team group now didn't make much of a difference, normally in those years it was between Sequatchie and McMinn Central for the top AA team in the area. They regularly beat AAA teams in tournaments and one season was ranked #2 in the entire state, any class, after beating teams like Bradley Central. The 1995-96 was third in the state tournament in AA, just behind a pair of teams that moved into Division II the next year, Brentwood Acad and I believe ECS.

Yes, those are past years and seasons but they're worth remembering, especially when they're being downgraded on here just because Hixson, ND, East Ridge and CCS weren't in the district.

Good thread. As an ole timer I like the enthusiasm of the youngsters. Let's play this out on the field and see where it takes us. We all know it comes down to pitching, defense and timely hitting. Things Marion/Jasper has excelled in for the last three years. If you have two QUALTIY starters you can do very well in the district games. It's a long season and lots of things (injuries, player suspensions) can happen. I know it's a long way off but who will be hosting the district tourney this year - Bledsoe or Sequatchie? (Marion & Grundy have been the last two valley teams to host).

The five-team district for Sequatchie in some years instead of the nine-team group now didn't make much of a difference, normally in those years it was between Sequatchie and McMinn Central for the top AA team in the area. They regularly beat AAA teams in tournaments and one season was ranked #2 in the entire state, any class, after beating teams like Bradley Central. The 1995-96 was third in the state tournament in AA, just behind a pair of teams that moved into Division II the next year, Brentwood Acad and I believe ECS.

Yes, those are past years and seasons but they're worth remembering, especially when they're being downgraded on here just because Hixson, ND, East Ridge and CCS weren't in the district.

Thanks Indian, can't wait to hear what jasper has to say about that.

I wasnt downgrading what Seq Co. did at all i just simply ask since we went to the city-valley district what has Seq Co. done.

Good thread. As an ole timer I like the enthusiasm of the youngsters. Let's play this out on the field and see where it takes us. We all know it comes down to pitching, defense and timely hitting. Things Marion/Jasper has excelled in for the last three years. If you have two QUALTIY starters you can do very well in the district games. It's a long season and lots of things (injuries, player suspensions) can happen. I know it's a long way off but who will be hosting the district tourney this year - Bledsoe or Sequatchie? (Marion & Grundy have been the last two valley teams to host).

the last two to host were grundy in 05 and Seq in 07. Marion host this year.

You mentioned how the most successful years were in the smaller district (U may have won 13 or 14 district championships under Bartley when the district was Marion, Grundy, Seq, and Bledsoe), I say what they did outside the district more than made up for it. I do think in some of the years it was a similar district to the current one. Notre Dame going Division II was part of reducing it if I remember right.

The boys at Marion & Sequatchie have developed a rivalry through Dizzy Dean, Middle School and now High School. They know each other very well and the next couple of years should be very exciting between the two. Marion has an advantage because their juniors and seniors have been well coached the last two years while the Sequatchie juniors & seniors have really not been coached at all. Sequatchie has a new coach that is working them real hard but they have to overcome the last two years. Sequatchie has an advantage because all of the core juniors and seniors are still playing baseball while several of Marion's players have quit to concentrate on other sports. The season starts next week, we'll see soon enough.

hahahahaha... it'll never happen. muir and guyear are too much at marion. warriors will take it... again.

Heard Helm wasnt playing this year ? If theres any truth to this they sure will miss his bat and experince behind the plate. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well tell the little ticket lady to get the pinto beans,

onion and cornbread ready. Ill' be there. Also tell

Murphy not to burn the dogs. Ha Ha Ha

Murphy not on the grill no more. The little lady still on the grill though. Time to pass it on to someone else. But you have to admit they were pretty good. Maron host district this year. Should be a very interesting year. Good luck to all and may they all stay injury free.