Anderson County Baseball

bilbob

Mavs will be back in the Boro if they remain blue collar. There is too much talent in that program for those young men not to make it back. With the Mavs what you see is what you get, nothing fancy just good hard baseball. They return some tough pitchers with another year under their belt, led by future TN Tech hurler Nick Price; and they got a crafty left hander returning in Eric York who recently signed with Roane State. Price has a good highschool fastball, sharp slider, and change that has good movement with same fastball armaction. If he continues to develop his command he has tons of potential. York is a crafty southpaw with good command and movement on his ball. He can throw 3 pitches for strikes at anytime. He will throw 3-2 curveballs with regularity, and believes in it. Other returning pitchers include Riggs, who will chew up some innings this year, as well as a couple of Sophomores that should be developing into good pitchers. The batting order and defensive alignment have a few holes to be filled after graduating some key players. Returning you have Rorex MTSU signee, great speed on the bases, has some pop in his bat, has good footwork at SS and plays solid defense. York is another with good speed and good baseball instincts, he gets incredible jumps on the ball in the outfield, plays solid defense, hits for average plays small ball very well. In the middle you have Foster, Pack, and Ellis, that all provide substantial power with excellent RBI production. I can see Foster bouncing from 3rd to dish duty, Pack at 3rd or 1st and Ellis at 1st. They have a solid nucleus returning, with some younger guys that need to step in and make routine things happen. The only team that is capable of keeping AC out of the Boro is AC. On that note you have a young but seasoned coaching staff that are intense, motivational and have a good feel for what it takes to be successful. Coaches Downs, Russell, and Boynton will have the Mavs ready to go in 2009, AC returns.

First of all.....blue collar is out the door! This is the "Pretty Boy Team" of the Knoxville area! Price and Rorex are always hurt. Ellis is just a big dumb football player. And Pack either hits it far or doesnt at all because his swings for the fence every time, and Foster is too pretty to play hard nose baseball. The coaching staff is good, but not experienced enough. Besides all this......Yeah they might finish 3rd or 4th this year

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all.....blue collar is out the door! This is the "Pretty Boy Team" of the Knoxville area! Price and Rorex are always hurt. Ellis is just a big dumb football player. And Pack either hits it far or doesnt at all because his swings for the fence every time, and Foster is too pretty to play hard nose baseball. The coaching staff is good, but not experienced enough. Besides all this......Yeah they might finish 3rd or 4th this year

Actually Price and Rorex always hurt you. Ellis has a 4.0. Pack and Foster were two of the best sophomores around. Pack also hit over .400. Also, which two or three teams will be better than AC? Gosh, it is so funny how you have no facts to back up your mouth.

no facts to back up ur big mouth irishman. the mavs have gone farther than the Irish has in the past few years so right now u have no room to talk. my guess is that u are a parent who never played the sport and was in the band in high school or u are a benchwarmer on the team so u decided to go ahead and talk cause u will not play. that is what I think. and foster took a shot from a hit at third last year at the game and finished the game so I doubt he is a pretty boy. price will shove it down Catholics throats. ellis has a 4.0 and pack and and Jordan bat over .400. no criminal records here but nice try Irishman! talk to u in the season.

no facts to back up ur big mouth irishman. the mavs have gone farther than the Irish has in the past few years so right now u have no room to talk. my guess is that u are a parent who never played the sport and was in the band in high school or u are a benchwarmer on the team so u decided to go ahead and talk cause u will not play. that is what I think. and foster took a shot from a hit at third last year at the game and finished the game so I doubt he is a pretty boy. price will shove it down Catholics throats. ellis has a 4.0 and pack and and Jordan bat over .400. no criminal records here but nice try Irishman! talk to u in the season.

didn't Catholic end your season last year?

I agree with Theirishmen... AC is the "Pretty Boy Team" of the Knoxville area!! Here are the facts.. we beat you in the district championship last year right?? Yeah we might have stumbled a little against Gibbs in the Region but the umps were terrible in that game. Everyone knows that if we would have played AC in the Region Championship the same thing would have happened again because Michael White would have had to throw. I guess we will see what happens in a few weeks huh?

I agree with Theirishmen... AC is the "Pretty Boy Team" of the Knoxville area!! Here are the facts.. we beat you in the district championship last year right?? Yeah we might have stumbled a little against Gibbs in the Region but the umps were terrible in that game. Everyone knows that if we would have played AC in the Region Championship the same thing would have happened again because Michael White would have had to throw. I guess we will see what happens in a few weeks huh?

I guess i can understand why you irishmen are so distraught. I would be too if I hadn't been further in the region than my rival every year too. Here are the facts. Hmm Hmm.... Catholic has never never been further than AC in the postseason. And yeah AC lost the district champioship. Bad games happen. but they also won the regular season title and handled Gibbs like a tball team after they beat Catholic. I guess it easy to blame a loss on the umps. it could never be the players' fault right? Pigeon forge really shouldn't have even been considered a game. Sorry for those who had to pay admission to watch that beat down. And when was the last time Catholic went to the boro? Hopefully you irishmen are parents or benchwarmers cause you don't know much about baseball. AC plays hard nosed baseball. Rorex bats over .450 with york behind him to run circles around the bases. Lefty Foster had 45 rbi's last year and pack can go go deep with any swing. Ellis is bigger and stronger than any Catholic player and for the record he has a 4.0 gpa. So two of the fastest players in the district followed by the best 3,4,5 lineup around? not to mention having tech signee price on the mound ready to shove it. I can understand wanting to talk smack now cause when the season rolls around all we'll have to do is check the scoreboard

I believe The Irishmen are actually Catholic coaches. They need to realize they lost quite a bit from last years team due to graduation and suffered an even bigger loss with the injury (probably due to overuse) to Anders. Shut up and play. One district title doesn't give you room to brag. Please follow footballs'lead.

I believe The Irishmen are actually Catholic coaches. They need to realize they lost quite a bit from last years team due to graduation and suffered an even bigger loss with the injury (probably due to overuse) to Anders. Shut up and play. One district title doesn't give you room to brag. Please follow footballs'lead.

anders hurt his arm at a showcase in south carolina.

the umpires were terrible. you know what that is? that is an excuse and excuses are for losers! also, congrats on the district title...it must be nice to finally get that first trophy.

Glad to see you back this year using your other screen name. Are colledge hoops over?