District 2AA

rSquared

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 2AA Satellite (Play-In) Round

Friday, May 1st

Gatlinburg-Pittman (#6) at Union County (#3) --- 5:30 p.m.

Cumberland Gap (#5) at Claiborne Co. (#4) --- TBA

District 2AA Tournament at Union Co.

Monday, May 4th

Winner of GP/Union Co. vs. Pigeon Forge (#2)---5:00 p.m.

Winner of CGap/Claiborne vs. Grainger (#1)---7:00 p.m.

Tuesday, May 5th

Losers of two Monday games---5:00 p.m.

Winners of two Monday games---7:00 p.m

Wednesday, May 6th---No games unless makeup games needed from Mon. and/or Tues.

Thursday, May 7th

6:00 p.m. Winner of Tues. 5:00 p.m. Losers Bracket game vs. Loser of Tues. 7:00 p.m. Winners Bracket game

Friday, May 8th

6:00 p.m. Winner of Tues. 7:00 Winners Bracket game vs. Winner of Thursday's 6:00 p.m. Losers Bracket game

8:00 p.m. (If necessary) Loser of Friday 6:00 game vs. Winner of Friday's 6:00 game

TSSAA priced admission is $5.00 per person.

Concessions will be sold and hospitality tent will be provided for coaches, umpires, scorekeepers, bus drivers, etc.

In the event of rain, games may have to be played on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday as well until the tournament is finished.

The winners' bracket final was a dandy of a game. Pigeon Forge jumped out to an early 4-0 lead, but Grainger battled back on a line drive home run by Savannah Grubb to cut it to 4-1, then played some small ball to cut the deficit to 4-3 in the sixth. The Lady Grizzlies then capped off the rally with a pair of runs in the bottom of the seventh to take a thrilling 5-4 win.

Tomorrow's games feature the losers' bracket final at 4:00 p.m. with Union Co. and Pigeon Forge squaring off for the second time in the tourney. The winner of that game will take on Grainger at 6:00 p.m. and the "if necessary" game would take place immediately following the conclusion of the 6:00 p.m. game.

The winners' bracket final was a dandy of a game. Pigeon Forge jumped out to an early 4-0 lead, but Grainger battled back on a line drive home run by Savannah Grubb to cut it to 4-1, then played some small ball to cut the deficit to 4-3 in the sixth. The Lady Grizzlies then capped off the rally with a pair of runs in the bottom of the seventh to take a thrilling 5-4 win.

Tomorrow's games feature the losers' bracket final at 4:00 p.m. with Union Co. and Pigeon Forge squaring off for the second time in the tourney. The winner of that game will take on Grainger at 6:00 p.m. and the "if necessary" game would take place immediately following the conclusion of the 6:00 p.m. game.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Way to go Lady Grizzlies! Way to play ball! Good luck Union County Patriots! Beat those Tigers! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great job Lady Grizzlies! Good luck Union County! Beat those Tigers!

Congrats Grainger on your 6-1 win over Pigeon Forge for the 2AA championship! Good luck at home against Elizabethton on Monday!

---Coach Roark

Union Co. Lady Patriots

Coach, it's been a good season. Lots of good play, a few temper flares, tons of drama in the end, but all in all a good season. 2AA has some fantastic teams, and the play in our district is matched by very few (In my humble opinion.) Good tournament and good play Claiborne, Pigeon Forge, and Union Counties. Next year will surely be more of the same. Way to go Lady Grizzlies! 6 years straight taking the District Plaque in Pigeon Forge. Forgive my slanted view, but I loves my Lady Grizzlies! Way to go girls!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i would just like to point out this tournament wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the players students family members and coaches at pigeon forge getting the field ready for play during this downpour. i think certain people took us forgranted and without any outside county's help it happened any ways

Coach, it's been a good season. Lots of good play, a few temper flares, tons of drama in the end, but all in all a good season. 2AA has some fantastic teams, and the play in our district is matched by very few (In my humble opinion.) Good tournament and good play Claiborne, Pigeon Forge, and Union Counties. Next year will surely be more of the same. Way to go Lady Grizzlies! 6 years straight taking the District Plaque in Pigeon Forge. Forgive my slanted view, but I loves my Lady Grizzlies! Way to go girls!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I promise I will be the first to give the lady Grizzlies credit, they are a very good team, never quit, and never back down. Congrats on winning the regular season and the district championship.

I would point out that 2 of the last six seasons (2004, 2007) Pigeon Forge took the tournament crown. 04 at PFHS and 07 at Union. Have to stick up for my girls too.

What I am most impressed with is in the last six years I think Grainger/Rutledge has only lost 2 regular season district games, won 5 outright regular season titles, and shared 1. That is phenomenal.

The tournament will be fun again next year I am sure, but the teams will not be the same, and we will hope to see you in the Region Final!

Good luck on Monday.