Scrimmages this Week (2/23)

akula21

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow thats a suprise. nothing against Ravenwood but i wouldve picked Father Ryan for that game. kinda weird..

Ravenwood looked very organized and dominated possession and the middle, especially in the 1st half. Goal by Brandon Saunders got them started, followed by a PK from Andrew McGuinness and nice clean up by Andrew Mason. Jonah made it interesting in the 2nd half with a couple of goals for Ryan. As I mentioned last week, Ravenwood looks good. Think they're going to sneak up on some folks.

CAK 1-0 over Bearden

I thought we played a really good first half, but Bearden played the better second half. This was Bearden's first scrimmage this year, and Coach Turner was trying a lot of different players in different positions. I think both teams ran low on gas in the second half, but Bearden really turned it on there near the end.

While I am excited about the outcome, it is a scrimmage and should be thought of as such. I think Coach Turner will have his boys ready to go when the time comes.

INCREDIBLE save by the Bearden keeper off of Ben Holt's shot near the end of the second half. That boy flew across the goal and was totally horizontal!

Good luck to Bearden this season. I think you all will do well.