Scrimmages this Week (2/23)

akula21

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we played a really good first half, but Bearden played the better second half. This was Bearden's first scrimmage this year, and Coach Turner was trying a lot of different players in different positions. I think both teams ran low on gas in the second half, but Bearden really turned it on there near the end.

While I am excited about the outcome, it is a scrimmage and should be thought of as such. I think Coach Turner will have his boys ready to go when the time comes.

INCREDIBLE save by the Bearden keeper off of Ben Holt's shot near the end of the second half. That boy flew across the goal and was totally horizontal!

Good luck to Bearden this season. I think you all will do well.

Good result coach.

A little surprised with this. Nothing against Page but would have expected a larger margin in favor of Independence. Believe they're pretty young but thought they were pretty loaded. Good for Page for playing them tough!

We were pleased with the way the game went, the stuff we have worked on so far in practice , defensive shape and set plays mainly was very good. Page came out and played hard they will give a lot of teams good games this year. We moved a lot of people around after about 20 minutes and were very pleased to get a 80 minute game from the players.

Lots of work still to do before the games that mean something come along but quite optimistic after last night.

Whats the match info on that, good result for HVA. Share some info, DINS!!!!

Varsity it was 3-1 in all truthfullness. Hardin Valley controlled most of the play in the first. Sevier County defense and keeper struggled. Sevier County varsity benched for getting out of control (About 20 minutes 3 goals scored i think). Came out and played better in second half. So that is why I say 3-1 not 6-1. Hardin Valley will definately soon have a tradition of yet another soccer power in East Tennessee (Mike is doing a great job).

Rather surprising score here... Stone had some pretty good players last year. Arsenal, do you have any details of how Stone is going to be? I don't know much about Cookeville, though.

Stone has a few solid players but little depth. #10 Sammy Fuentes, who plays up top, has very good footskills but there's not a whole lot around him. #8 Bergvin who plays central defense was solid as well. Solid keeper as well, just not much help in front of him. They played hard the entire game but there was just too much difference in talent. Even Cookeville's second-stringers controlled the pace of play.

Cookeville has looked good in the preseason, but they haven't and won't play anyone who will challenge for anything. Everyone will find out about where they stand with the big boys after the Cleveland tournament.

Faragut 3 Catholic 0

The irish were absolutely dominated tonight. They played some of the worst soccer I have seen since the girls season. If they can't get Gibson and Bonifini back from injuries they could very easily have a losing record this year. I believe that missing Luke Mishu tonight killed Catholic's only chance of hangin in this one. Hats of to Faragut, they played well and have a very solid team this year.