Scrimmages this Week (2/23)

akula21

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour is up 4-0 over Oak Ridge right now. Still first half.

I just can't understand how Seymour can get beaten by Morristown West 5-0, and then go and tie Hardin Valley and be up 4-0 over Oak Ridge right now. Something seems strange...I guess coaches are playing with lineups right now, and it is too difficult to analyze this information. I might make my first trip ever to watch Seymour's soccer team play!

I just can't understand how Seymour can get beaten by Morristown West 5-0, and then go and tie Hardin Valley and be up 4-0 over Oak Ridge right now. Something seems strange...I guess coaches are playing with lineups right now, and it is too difficult to analyze this information. I might make my first trip ever to watch Seymour's soccer team play!

I'm not a Knox boy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But it seems, after seeing some scrimmage scores roll in, that the Knox area is going to be a real shoot out this year in both AAA and A/AA. I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting year up there...a lot of parity.

Good luck guys and don't take a day off...you might get beat.

Soddy-Daisy 1 Signal Mtn. nil

Seymour - 5

Oak Ridge -1

I left at about the 5 minute mark of the 2nd when seymour pulled their starters so i don't know how they finished up. But this was the score of varsity on varsity for 45 mins. Field conditions looked good for the rain we had come through. Both teams seemed to slip a little and a few skipped balls, but not enough to affect the play. Seymour definitely took advantage of any opportunity given to them. The were pouncing on everything and playing with a lot of intensity. I give bobby credit for having them ready, especially after playing last night. And the 3rd? goal for seymour was a rip from outside the 18, that was nice. Oak Ridge seemed to want to play direct with lots of through balls, which seymour trapped for an offsides or picked off for the counter. Seymour defence did a great job for the portion I saw. Looked like OR had some people in spots I didn't expect so maybe they were trying that out, but I still expected them to be a little more competitive. I guess that is what scrimmages are for and I'm sure OJ will get them sorted out. They had some rough spots last year and made the Final 4! Tonight definitely goes to the Eagles, though.

What did you think ref?

I'm not a Knox boy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But it seems, after seeing some scrimmage scores roll in, that the Knox area is going to be a real shoot out this year in both AAA and A/AA. I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting year up there...a lot of parity.

Good luck guys and don't take a day off...you might get beat.

Soddy-Daisy 1 Signal Mtn. nil

Yeah... I give props to Seymour fro scheduling some really tough opponents. I would imagine that Bobby is pretty happy with his results thus far. While the Mo West game was a loss, it was EXTREMELY early in the season against a very well developed squad. Sometimes, though, I learn more in a loss than I do in a victory.

I think you are seeing many squads who don't have all their players back, or healthy, experimenting with many different line ups or players to see what they have. It's what scrimmages are for. If I had to guess, things will level out here in the next month.

How has Knox West done? I haven't heard a whole lot about them in pre-season. We play them Friday.

Seymour didn't tie Hardin valley ...They lost

Seymour 1

Hardin Valley 2

The Morristown West game you cannot take much from. They definately are a very good soccer team who play together year around. At Seymour that is not the case ( Have roughly 7 club players out of 30) so..... After 3 days of practice Mo. West was alot better soccer team than we were. Now I know it sounds crazy, but when you get the kids back in Febuary you have got to break all the bad habits they have picked up in the offseason ( This takes longer than 3 days!). The Hardin Valley tie I felt we controlled the run of play just were not able to finish (Which is a big deal of course). Last night at Oakridge we seemed to be clicking alot better moving the ball around and I think our high pressure caused alot of problems for them.

In all seriousness though what can you take from a scrimmages.

"What did you think ref?"

i thought the game was definately a surprise to both teams and coaches involved to say the least

i also liked the way Seymour was playing one and two touch soccer backs were up in the attack and forwards were back playing defense Seymour was winning matchups all over the field oakridge never knew what hit them... for those of you who don't know Seymour just doesn't play this type soccer they played last night I hope they can keep it up....