LA Vs. Upperman

LA_Wildcats

Wow!! That was an excellent game tonight. One of the best that I have been to. Ranks right up there with LA/SC last year and the LA-Upperman games from earlier this year. Awesome job by both teams. Both showed why they deserve to be state tournament contenders and even though I would love the chance to see us play John Jenkins for the Region champ. I will say that I have to be cheering for Upperman. Go 7AA.

Also, as for the All Tournament presentation! GREAT JOB TJ SMITH!!!!!!! The recognition that he really deserves. He works as hard as anyone out there during the season, offseason, etc and got him a well deserved award tonight so congrats to him. Also congrats to Dunn, Ramsey and all the other LA and Upperman players that made this team. It is a great honor, and they all deserved it.

Good luck to 7 AA in the Region Tournament!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, as for the All Tournament presentation! GREAT JOB TJ SMITH!!!!!!! The recognition that he really deserves. He works as hard as anyone out there during the season, offseason, etc and got him a well deserved award tonight so congrats to him. Also congrats to Dunn, Ramsey and all the other LA and Upperman players that made this team. It is a great honor, and they all deserved it.

Clint West was one of the others. He has been playing really well.

One more thing, during the trophy presentation, LA clapped for Upperman, Upperman sat on there hands when LA was handed a trophy.

I would like to address this. I am a true blue LA fan. I think that Upperman was still just a little shell shocked during presentations. I don't think that they meant anything by it.

They were probably thinking about the John Jenkins nightmares that they will be having tonight.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Wow!! That was an excellent game tonight. One of the best that I have been to. Ranks right up there with LA/SC last year and the LA-Upperman games from earlier this year. Awesome job by both teams. Both showed why they deserve to be state tournament contenders and even though I would love the chance to see us play John Jenkins for the Region champ. I will say that I have to be cheering for Upperman. Go 7AA.

Good luck to 7 AA in the Region Tournament!!!

UPPERMAN IS SENIOR LOADED AND I KNOW THEY CAN PLAY. I'VE SEEN WHITE HOUSE ELIMINATE UPPERMAN THE LAST 3 YEARS IN THE REGION AND I REMEMEBER BAXTER PLAYING WHEN HE WAS A SOPH AND I REMEMBER HIM AND NASH AND CHRISTIAN FROM LAST YEAR SO THIS YEAR IS REALLY NOT A SURPRISE TO ME.

BUT GREENBRIER IS NO GIMME WIN FOR UPPERMAN. THEY HAVE SEVERAL TALENTED PLAYERS AND THEIR COACH IS VERY GOOD ALSO . I HEARD HE COACHED IN COLLEGE. HE HAS THEM HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IF THEY CAN KEEP HIM THERE.

GREENBRIER COULD SURPRISE . BUT I DO LIKE TO MAKE PREDICTIONS OF THESE GAMES SO I'LL GO WITH

UPP-70

GREE-55

UPPERMAN IS SENIOR LOADED AND I KNOW THEY CAN PLAY. I'VE SEEN WHITE HOUSE ELIMINATE UPPERMAN THE LAST 3 YEARS IN THE REGION AND I REMEMEBER BAXTER PLAYING WHEN HE WAS A SOPH AND I REMEMBER HIM AND NASH AND CHRISTIAN FROM LAST YEAR SO THIS YEAR IS REALLY NOT A SURPRISE TO ME.

BUT GREENBRIER IS NO GIMME WIN FOR UPPERMAN. THEY HAVE SEVERAL TALENTED PLAYERS AND THEIR COACH IS VERY GOOD ALSO . I HEARD HE COACHED IN COLLEGE. HE HAS THEM HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IF THEY CAN KEEP HIM THERE.

GREENBRIER COULD SURPRISE . BUT I DO LIKE TO MAKE PREDICTIONS OF THESE GAMES SO I'LL GO WITH

UPP-70

GREE-55

Is your CAPS lock broken?

I would like to address this. I am a true blue LA fan. I think that Upperman was still just a little shell shocked during presentations. I don't think that they meant anything by it.

They were probably thinking about the John Jenkins nightmares that they will be having tonight.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think you are dead on with this. Could not say it any better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to LA. and Go BEES

Please, for the sake of all that is good and right about sports, do not assume that your team or its fans are perfect. Upperman is not perfect. LA is not perfect.

I didnt watch the team during the presentation, I was busy giving "polite applause" and explaining to my 12 year old daughter why she needed to be doing the same thing. "Im too mad, I hate losing" hahaha. Losing stinks. We all handle it differently, but I know that the good folks of Baxter were in the stands giving the LA team it's due. (my daughter included)

Congrats LA, and LA fans, you fans sure bring it strong. Great fans.

I was by no means trying to say that either side is perfect. Both sides brought a huge crowd last night and it created a great environment for basketball. . . Congrats to TJ Smith as well, he played a good game and was rewarded at the end of the night.

Big crowd last night for the team in BLUE. I think our crowd would have gotten close to filling our gym up. Good game but the atmosphere just isn't the same as it is in a smaller gym. But still a good game to watch none the less.

Congrats go out to.....coach Melton. Another District Championship Trophy to put in the case........LA Wildcats winning another District crown.......T. J. Smith MVP of the Tournament a well deserved honor.......All Tournament Chase Dunn.....Clint West......Deven Ramsey. Also Will Peterman played a great game as did Brad Jackson.

For Upperman.....Nash played a superb game as did Baxter and Hamlet. Thank goodness #10 wasn't a factor in the game. After a 5-0 start by the Bees ....LA went on a 10-0 run and fought off the Bees for the victory. The Bees played and fought hard all night but just couldn't get over the hump. I thought the Bees did a great job on the offensive boards a factor that kept them in the game.

Good luck to both teams and I hope that we meet again at the BEE HIVE for round 4.

Does anybody know the individual point totals for last night's game? The Tennessean does not have it. That's pretty weak on somebody's part for not calling it in. I don't know if that's TTU's job or not. Anyway, if anybody knows the numbers I'd like to see them.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does anybody know the individual point totals for last night's game? The Tennessean does not have it. That's pretty weak on somebody's part for not calling it in. I don't know if that's TTU's job or not. Anyway, if anybody knows the numbers I'd like to see them.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ditto