Best Teams in Chattanooga Area?

ersoccerfan

MVM,

I truly understand your heart pulling for Soddy.

To be quite honest, it will depend on which McMinn Team shows up. We have given GREAT efforts against Farragut, Cleveland, etc. Then we have , as you have said, let teams hang around with us--example Walker Valley (no disrespect to the Mustangs. We should have scored 3 goals or more while their starting GK was at track meet).

Also, we havent always had the best luck at the Ancient Ruins.

As for the cards, we have gotten better as the year has gone along. The Cherokees will only get 1 yellow--and it wont be to coach--I have 0 for 2009.

I am sure it will be a great match.

A little update...I just came from the "Ancient Ruins" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and yes it was build in 1949 for you historians, and playing surface looks the best as it's looked all season, even though there are still some soft spots from all the rain. The boys parents have been out there all weekend working on the field. The Bermuda is starting to show and should be a pretty quick pitch.

Good luck to both teams, And Yes my work schedule got changed and I will be there. I hope it will be a thriller like matches back in '03 and '04.....can anyone say sudden death shootout. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to both teams, And Yes my work schedule got changed and I will be there. I hope it will be a thriller like matches back in '03 and '04.....can anyone say sudden death shootout. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Congrats to the McMinn Co. players, parents, and coaches...What a game. I didn't get the sudden death quite right, I missed it by 6 inches when the Soddy pk hit the side post. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

What a GREAT HS match!! It is a shame that someone had to lose. Both teams left it all on the field.

I think we have played 4 of the last 5 years in the Region tournament, if not 5 straight years. Two good teams/programs.

My heart goes out to the two brothers who missed their PK's.

See you guys next year in district play.

What a GREAT HS match!! It is a shame that someone had to lose. Both teams left it all on the field.

I think we have played 4 of the last 5 years in the Region tournament, if not 5 straight years. Two good teams/programs.

My heart goes out to the two brothers who missed their PK's.

See you guys next year in district play.

Cree one last thing before you have to look forward to Cleveland...I thought last night was a great HS Match, also. I had the privileged of watching the game without my child involved so I don't believe my rose colored glasses were has rosy tinted as usual. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The noise makers that the McMinn crowd brought was great and that guy with the red horn for Soddy....well, was really loud, but I think it gave the game a great atmosphere for the players to play in. This game did remind me of the games of old, ...without the parents bickering at each other in the stands. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And yes you were calm through out the match. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

With my prediction on the cards, I nailed your 3, but missed Soddy's getting 3. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh BTW please remind your parents that the gate prices are set by TSSAA, and not by the hosting school. Apparently some of your fans didn't feel the game was going to be worth the price of admission...Boy were they wrong.

Strange finish in Region 3, Cleveland beats McMinn County.... 2-0 with thirty-three minutes left in the game and game suspended for lightning only to be called about two hours later a 2-0 Cleveland win.

We were hoping to finish it. No one wants to end like that. but according to TSSAA format, once you have played a half, its official. Was hoping to finish it tonight or friday--but state said it was a done deal.

Good luck to both teams.

We were hoping to finish it. No one wants to end like that. but according to TSSAA format, once you have played a half, its official. Was hoping to finish it tonight or friday--but state said it was a done deal.

Good luck to both teams.

Good Luck Saturday night or Afternoon

if my drive from tullahoma to columbia is bad than athens to columbia will be a million times worse

• 4 weeks later...