Collinwood Trojans 12A champs

shustrang

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rice kid from wayne co. is the best ball player around and the kids a 10th grader if yall just new what all letters he has gotten from colleges as a 10th grader in basketball and football yall would be amazed

T. Rice is a long way from being the best in d12...he is an awesome football player but he cant play basketball with thompson, west, long, or harville

maybe his senior year, he will be the best in d12, but right now he's nowhere near the best

the rice kid from wayne co. is the best ball player around and the kids a 10th grader if yall just new what all letters he has gotten from colleges as a 10th grader in basketball and football yall would be amazed

Have you saw the letters?? Don't believe it until you do.He is not the best in d12 or maybe not in the top 5 The Gobbell kid from collinwood is a better all around player than Rice He can't understand the concept of team ball , passing, being a team player good shooter but not the best

Both of these boys are great players. I would consider Wes to be a better shooter that Tyler, however Tyer seems to be more aware of when not to shoot and better at getting the ball to his teammates. They are both great players. Congratulations to Tyler for getting the MVP and to Wes for being a Mr. Basketball finalist. I am not a Summertown fan but Wes is a good kid and deserves the recognition. I'm just proud to have someone from district 12 nominated. I think everyone should be proud of the accomplishment for both of these boys.

i would say that wes would make a much better college player than tyler t. but with his height tyler is a better high school player and im not from either team...but what about the andrews kid from collinwood,this guy is a good ball player.both times my team has played them he has definately been as good as tyler t. or better.but like you said im glad someone from this district was nominated,good luck to all in reigon play.

i would say that wes would make a much better college player than tyler t. but with his height tyler is a better high school player and im not from either team...but what about the andrews kid from collinwood,this guy is a good ball player.both times my team has played them he has definately been as good as tyler t. or better.but like you said im glad someone from this district was nominated,good luck to all in reigon play.

Tyler Thompson can match up with anybody, because he plays smart..He isn't out there trying to score 30 points a game..He looks for the open man if it he doesn't have the shot. He doesn't try to force shots. He is a team player. I know for a fact that he is a leader and he takes care of his team.

He never focuses that it is all about "himself". That is another thing that makes him so awesome..and makes you see why he is so unique.

Tanner Andrews is a great ball player, and has some pretty awesome games..

Congratulations to Tyler Thompson for MVP he deserves it.

Any college would benifit with having Tyler Thompson on their team. He is a great young man that has a bright future ahead of him..So colleges Tyler Thompson is the "Man". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Wes for being a "Mr. Basketball" finalist.

Good Luck Trojans!

Most of the time they give the MVP to the best player on the team that won the title... so it may be somewhat skewed... I just really wanted to know what d12 people though... Wes Long or Tyler Thompson... who's better... and don't give me the "they play different positions" or "they're important in different ways" or "he's up for Mr. Basketball, he has to be" ...really who's better...

I would preferably like to have a reply from someone who isn't CW or ST... but you can throw yours in as well... I realize this could be topic in and of itself but I really just wanted to know about this from people who are watch them several time during the year...

Neither CW or Stown but is there something I am seeing and no one else is? Thompson is 6'7"! of course you are going to be good in 1a ball if you are that tall. Put both of this kids on a 5a or DII team and Wes would be the better player Thompson's biggest opponent this year has been the 6'4" bean pole from Perry Co. Wes has faced small fast defenders, tall gangly kids, and average sized "super"-athletes and still puts up points. The last big man that actually was as good in 1a as he would have been in any other class was Haston from the late '90s and they won the state championship by 40. I guess not everyone saw the play I saw in the championship game where a kid took a wide open lay-up (and made it) and Thompson got mad because he didn't get the ball, a little selfish in my book. . .

1.) Long

2.) Thompson

3.) Harville

*Rice - No one likes him.

Thompson can score as long as there is not a big man his size guarding him. Can't get post position on someone that is strong. Needs to get stronger. Post moves are limited, even vs small defenders. Does not need to be shooting threes. Should stay around the paint. Long is a streak shooter. Has good range, but sometimes takes bad shots. For his size, should post up more on smaller defenders. Rice has no concept of team basketball. Could be a grest player if he did. Could post with his size if he would get stronger. Jogs back on defense 95% of the time and is constantly looking at the refs. It's not about who is the best player, it's about the best team at this time of the year. In three weeks we will find out the answer to that, and face it, the West TN area is far and above 12A. Good luck to all TEAMS in the up coming weeks.

Neither CW or Stown but is there something I am seeing and no one else is? Thompson is 6'7"! of course you are going to be good in 1a ball if you are that tall. Put both of this kids on a 5a or DII team and Wes would be the better player Thompson's biggest opponent this year has been the 6'4" bean pole from Perry Co. Wes has faced small fast defenders, tall gangly kids, and average sized "super"-athletes and still puts up points. The last big man that actually was as good in 1a as he would have been in any other class was Haston from the late '90s and they won the state championship by 40. I guess not everyone saw the play I saw in the championship game where a kid took a wide open lay-up (and made it) and Thompson got mad because he didn't get the ball, a little selfish in my book. . .

1.) Long

2.) Thompson

3.) Harville

*Rice - No one likes him.

Yeah! I saw it! He was pretty ticked because he didn't get a dunk! The kid made the right decision by taking the layup!

Yeah! I saw it! He was pretty ticked because he didn't get a dunk! The kid made the right decision by taking the layup!

No one likes Thompson either!!!!!!!

wrong cant fnd much bad about thompson the smith kid come up with the ball at half court thompson was at the freethrow line smith dribbled all the way down instead off passing the ball ahead alot off c wood fans were talking about it smith was very selfish in that instance

when I saw Collinwood and Summertown play a few weeks back I actually though Wes Long was the best thing Collinwood had going for them because he just hangs around outside waiting for somebody to give him the ball so he can jack an off balance three....Thompson is pretty tall, prob about 6'6'' but there are lots of players bigger than him, who was it that shut him down? And stop talking about Rice being a tenth grader, he was held back so that he would be OLDER than the competition in his grade

Speak for yourself...Ask his team, and people that know him...We are proud of him...

As for Tyler getting mad because he didn't get the ball,,you don't know him..He might have got mad about something but it wasn't because he didn't get the ball....