Region 6A Tourney 11A VS 12A

culleokarep

First round, only Culleoka is left standing in 11A with Richland/Wayne Co the only game that isn't by more than 15. Culleoka over Collinwood in the Region Final. I don't really see any upsets of the top seeds in this region.

But, just when you are certain you have it all figured out, some team hits everything and another goes flat with foul trouble and Wham, A No1 seed falls to a number 4 and everything gets scrambled. That's why they play the games.

Good luck to all the Teams.

Agreed.... Culleoka will be the only 11A team standing when the dust clears after the first round. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I may be out of line here as I am in Iowa watching some great tourney action, but I am a veteran of these district 12A/region 6A tourneys. I lived in the Summetown area for 18 years. If there is one thing I learned it is that the majority of the time 12A is by far much better. Not saying it is this time around as the only teams I have been following are Stown, Cwood and Cully. In the end, I do think it will be an all 12A final. I think Stown poses some match-up problems for Cully. I believe Wes, Logan, and the rest of the cast will be too much for Cully. I suspect that in the final that the mighty Eagles will finally get Cwood. Remember, SHS did put up 100 on them and did beat them earlier in the year and only lost by 1 in the 12A finals. Good luck to everyone--but on a personal note, I sure hope the Eagles nest is home to a substate game!!!!

Ok I may be out of line here as I am in Iowa watching some great tourney action, but I am a veteran of these district 12A/region 6A tourneys. I lived in the Summetown area for 18 years. If there is one thing I learned it is that the majority of the time 12A is by far much better. Not saying it is this time around as the only teams I have been following are Stown, Cwood and Cully. In the end, I do think it will be an all 12A final. I think Stown poses some match-up problems for Cully. I believe Wes, Logan, and the rest of the cast will be too much for Cully. I suspect that in the final that the mighty Eagles will finally get Cwood. Remember, SHS did put up 100 on them and did beat them earlier in the year and only lost by 1 in the 12A finals. Good luck to everyone--but on a personal note, I sure hope the Eagles nest is home to a substate game!!!!

We'll see how this turns out after tonight. I have faith in the Culleoka men's team! Go, Blue!

And only Culleoka remains!! Great call femaletamale! Let's hope Culleoka's defense can show up against a high scoring team like Summertown!!

For real! Cully's defense will have to be on top of every move. If their concentration and tenaciousness hold true, they will be fine. If not, well................. I believe the guys want this badly, so I think they will hold up in the crunch. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....and what matchup problems might those be?........

And only Culleoka remains!! Great call femaletamale! Let's hope Culleoka's defense can show up against a high scoring team like Summertown!!

I am sure Cornersville gym will be rockin' Tuesday night! Will 11A schools come together to support the school that is left in the fight? Or will they support 12A? I'm not even sure it would be support for 12A, but rather disrespect for Cully. Jealousy is an ugly emotion. Culleoka's players do not play dirty ball. They play as a unit- a real team. They work hard and exhibit dedication to the sport. These guys deserve respect just as fans would feel their chosen school deserved had they remained in the running.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....and what matchup problems might those be?........

Summertown has too many scorers at this point in time. If you take your best defensive player and put him on Wes Long, that will open up the other scorers. I know that Cully does not want a shootout and for that reason I feel that it has match-up issues. With this Summertown team, you will have to pick your poison. D up on Wes and the others guys open up--D up on them and Wes will kill you from the outside. This Summertown team reminds me of the team from the early 90's that had Jeromy Aaron, Jason Burlison, Doug Riggs, Jeff Burlison, the big Hughes boy that went by Herman, Ronnie Dover. That was a team that you had to pick your poison with also. If you plugged the middle on them they bombed you from the outside with Doug and Jason. If you tried to take away Doug and Jason, the inside guys of Ronnie and Jeromy would lead the way. Let them play straight up man and Wes burns you--play a zone and he burns you--this is what I call a match-up problem.