Region 6A Tourney 11A VS 12A

culleokarep

Summertown has too many scorers at this point in time. If you take your best defensive player and put him on Wes Long, that will open up the other scorers. I know that Cully does not want a shootout and for that reason I feel that it has match-up issues. With this Summertown team, you will have to pick your poison. D up on Wes and the others guys open up--D up on them and Wes will kill you from the outside. This Summertown team reminds me of the team from the early 90's that had Jeromy Aaron, Jason Burlison, Doug Riggs, Jeff Burlison, the big Hughes boy that went by Herman, Ronnie Dover. That was a team that you had to pick your poison with also. If you plugged the middle on them they bombed you from the outside with Doug and Jason. If you tried to take away Doug and Jason, the inside guys of Ronnie and Jeromy would lead the way. Let them play straight up man and Wes burns you--play a zone and he burns you--this is what I call a match-up problem.

Vandy, Summertown is a very good team. I saw them play twice this year. But I have a question, what happened in their losses to Perry County and Forrest. Did Wes not play? I was surprised to see these losses on their record.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summertown has too many scorers at this point in time. If you take your best defensive player and put him on Wes Long, that will open up the other scorers. I know that Cully does not want a shootout and for that reason I feel that it has match-up issues. With this Summertown team, you will have to pick your poison. D up on Wes and the others guys open up--D up on them and Wes will kill you from the outside. This Summertown team reminds me of the team from the early 90's that had Jeromy Aaron, Jason Burlison, Doug Riggs, Jeff Burlison, the big Hughes boy that went by Herman, Ronnie Dover. That was a team that you had to pick your poison with also. If you plugged the middle on them they bombed you from the outside with Doug and Jason. If you tried to take away Doug and Jason, the inside guys of Ronnie and Jeromy would lead the way. Let them play straight up man and Wes burns you--play a zone and he burns you--this is what I call a match-up problem.

So you are telling me that Wes Long will single-handedly burn the best D in the entire state?!?! Not saying he isn't a good player or taking anything away from him but i just can't see that happening. And these "match up problems" your talking about...the smallest starter the Warriors have is around 6'3 so if there are any "match up problems" it will be the players guarding the twins on the other end of the court.

The only way I can Summertown scoring in the 70's is if they shoot 90-95% from the floor for the entire game(or if the game goes into double overtime or something). If ANYBODY in high school can do that for a whole game then they deserve to win state and go straight to the NBA.

didnt perry co. beat you guys this year?.....dont overhype summertown...and culleoka plays team defense....its not one guy playin d out there....its not about who culleoka locks down...its more about who on summertown can get a shot off

didnt perry co. beat you guys this year?.....dont overhype summertown...and culleoka plays team defense....its not one guy playin d out there....its not about who culleoka locks down...its more about who on summertown can get a shot off

so did anyone see the CA game? i was out of town and missed it. all i know about it really was that the score was 24-22 at half, summertown up. and i was told CA didnt shoot well at all. so did anyone watch the game?

My suggestion to Summertown is to play some really good D cause if you dont you are gonna get TORCHED against Culleoka! Cully's d will shut Mr. Wesly Long down!

so did anyone see the CA game? i was out of town and missed it. all i know about it really was that the score was 24-22 at half, summertown up. and i was told CA didnt shoot well at all. so did anyone watch the game?

i didnt see it...disappointing though...i was hoping ca would pull an upset

i didnt see it...disappointing though...i was hoping ca would pull an upset

i was getting updates through out the game. and CA seemed to do the usual get way behind, and pull back type thing. and you cant do that when you play decent teams(the only thing i can think of)(especially when i didnt see it) i know me and about 3 other peole who wernt there got messages all within 5 minutes of each other of "we cant make a shot."

but anyways.

go culleoka hopefully ill get to come see yall play a game again this year.

i watched summertown play aginst wayne county in the district and i believe culleoka's d will shut them down they do have the speed to gaurd these guys. Culleoka will have to shoot good but inside they will dominate so summertown better grow a few inches during the next few days because i know they can't gaurd the twins good luck to both teams.

My suggestion to Summertown is to play some really good D cause if you dont you are gonna get TORCHED against Culleoka! Cully's d will shut Mr. Wesly Long down!

LF: thanks for practically admitting that Cully has a good team! We will even scootch over and make room for you in our cheering section! Come on over, the weather is fine!

When leadfarmer says something good about Cully you better take it to heart because it dosen't happen often lol.

Come on now Ive always said you guys have great D. I just would like to see the boys from Cully really put up some major points on someone!

LF: thanks for practically admitting that Cully has a good team! We will even scootch over and make room for you in our cheering section! Come on over, the weather is fine!

Like i said in one of my first few posts I am a fan of Cornersville but I am also a fan of 11A! So as long as we still have a team from 11A sending folks packing I'm gonna cheer em on like it was my team out there. GO CULLEOKA!