Region 6A Tourney 11A VS 12A

culleokarep

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now Ive always said you guys have great D. I just would like to see the boys from Cully really put up some major points on someone!

Farmer, I don't think there is enough time in a game for Cully to score major points. And that is because it takes the other team so long to score. It is not uncommon for a team to take 2 to 3 minutes to get a shot off much less score. That is why they hold oppenents to single digit periods.

Farmer, I don't think there is enough time in a game for Cully to score major points. And that is because it takes the other team so long to score. It is not uncommon for a team to take 2 to 3 minutes to get a shot off much less score. That is why they hold oppenents to single digit periods.

They force plenty of turnovers so it is possible for them to put up som big numbers. The thing is Coach Slatten plays alot of kids and they are all capable of putting up some good numbers. I wanna see them dominating ppl on the scoreboard as well as defense. They are gonna have some really good competition soon so it would be nice to see what they are capable on the offensive side of the ball cause we all know what they can do on defense.

didnt perry co. beat you guys this year?.....dont overhype summertown...and culleoka plays team defense....its not one guy playin d out there....its not about who culleoka locks down...its more about who on summertown can get a shot off

I think Cully wins by at least 10-15. But, I can see Summertown making things interesting if they can get the game into a up tempo style. I believe Summertown has to create a fastpace game with the hopes of getting Culleoka into a style of play they don't like, to have any chance of winning.

After watching Cully smother PC, I'm sticking with my previous prediction that they will win the regional against Collingwood in the final. With 4 minutes left in the game, both sides cleared their benches with the score 41 to 11. Yes, 11 points in 3 and 1/2 quarters with very few turnovers by PC. PC just could not get anyone open for an uncontested shot. I'm a PC fan and I witnessed a good old fashioned butt whopping. No one in D12 was able to dominate us like Cully did.

I am sure Cornersville gym will be rockin' Tuesday night! Will 11A schools come together to support the school that is left in the fight? Or will they support 12A? I'm not even sure it would be support for 12A, but rather disrespect for Cully. Jealousy is an ugly emotion. Culleoka's players do not play dirty ball. They play as a unit- a real team. They work hard and exhibit dedication to the sport. These guys deserve respect just as fans would feel their chosen school deserved had they remained in the running.

so well written femaletamale, i wish i had written this post myself!

I think Cully wins by at least 10-15. But, I can see Summertown making things interesting if they can get the game into a up tempo style. I believe Summertown has to create a fastpace game with the hopes of getting Culleoka into a style of play they don't like, to have any chance of winning.

do we have a style of play that we don't like? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Don't think they want to get into a run and gun shootout type game. That's something that could get Cully out of their comfort zone.

culleoka will control the tempo of this game....and if it does get more fast paced culleoka will be fine...chad stephens is turning out to be a heck of a player for culleoka and whatever pace the game is chad will keep the team under control...culleoka by 20

Don't think they want to get into a run and gun shootout type game. That's something that could get Cully out of their comfort zone.

and we definitely don't want them out of their comfort zone!

wherever it is on the floor, i hope they're in it! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Summertown has too many scorers at this point in time. If you take your best defensive player and put him on Wes Long, that will open up the other scorers. I know that Cully does not want a shootout and for that reason I feel that it has match-up issues. With this Summertown team, you will have to pick your poison. D up on Wes and the others guys open up--D up on them and Wes will kill you from the outside. This Summertown team reminds me of the team from the early 90's that had Jeromy Aaron, Jason Burlison, Doug Riggs, Jeff Burlison, the big Hughes boy that went by Herman, Ronnie Dover. That was a team that you had to pick your poison with also. If you plugged the middle on them they bombed you from the outside with Doug and Jason. If you tried to take away Doug and Jason, the inside guys of Ronnie and Jeromy would lead the way. Let them play straight up man and Wes burns you--play a zone and he burns you--this is what I call a match-up problem.

Summertown has not faced a defense like they are going to see tuesday. Best defensive team I've seen all year. They will play a smothering man to man with fantastic help side then without knowing it, they will pop into a match up pressure zone descuised as a man to man, and double team out of it. Long may get 12, Harville 8, rest of the team 12. Cully 48, ST 32 if they don't remove their starters late in the 4th. Cully will then mop the floor against Collinwood due to great matchups they have against CW's 2 inside men and the pressure that they will put on CW's guards. Culleoka 43, Collinwood 31.