Region 5 AA Tournament

bobcat35

Jumping on CPA "players and fans" about something they had no control over makes as much sense as asking the Giles County administration why they would put it's players and fans in harms way by allowing them to proceed into a dangerous situation. It sounds like the top seeds gym was already committed for other uses during the day. You might consider praising God that there were no injuries from an unfortunate situation.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumping on CPA "players and fans" about something they had no control over makes as much sense as asking the Giles County administration why they would put it's players and fans in harms way by allowing them to proceed into a dangerous situation. It sounds like the top seeds gym was already committed for other uses during the day. You might consider praising God that there were no injuries from an unfortunate situation.

You need to read my original post again. First of all, I never "jumped" on a player or fan. I simply stated that CPA was asked to change the time and would not do so. Secondly, I commend GCHS administration because they did all they could to change the time of the game. I understand the gym may have already been in use and do not dispute that in any way. However, there were some region games that were moved to Monday. Simply, CPA had the option but chose one that I happen to disagree with. My opinion, that's all.

You need to read my original post again. First of all, I never "jumped" on a player or fan. I simply stated that CPA was asked to change the time and would not do so. Secondly, I commend GCHS administration because they did all they could to change the time of the game. I understand the gym may have already been in use and do not dispute that in any way. However, there were some region games that were moved to Monday. Simply, CPA had the option but chose one that I happen to disagree with. My opinion, that's all.

Yeah I think CPA wanted all the GC players and fans to get in wrecks and die.

This is certainly not what I implied and not at all where I was going with the subject.

From my previous posts:

"I would hope your school and its officials would offer more consideration if a situation such as this were to come up again."

"Simply, CPA had the option but chose one that I happen to disagree with. My opinion, that's all."

Fact: School would not change the time of the game.

MY Opinion: Due to weather warnings, the time or date of game should have been changed.

I did not say I was right or CPA is wrong. I merely stated that i disagreed with their choice not to change the game time. Not one harsh word.

This is certainly not what I implied and not at all where I was going with the subject.

From my previous posts:

"I would hope your school and its officials would offer more consideration if a situation such as this were to come up again."

"Simply, CPA had the option but chose one that I happen to disagree with. My opinion, that's all."

MY Opinion: Due to weather warnings, the time or date of game should have been changed.

I did not say I was right or CPA is wrong. I merely stated that i disagreed with their choice not to change the game time. Not one harsh word.

My question to you is this, since you seem to know all the facts: When did GC administration ask to change the time of the game?

Please understand this: No one at CPA would ever knowingly put another school's fans or players in harms way over a sporting event or any kind of circumstances. Nothing is worth that. We are thrilled that everything worked out and that all the GC kids and fans arrived home safely. I'm sure the decisions that were made were agreed on by all parties and had numerous factors that had to be considered.

In hindsight, you are likely correct about that night. Games should have been cancelled.

From my previous posts:

Bobcat,

I don't know a thing about the circumstances around changing the game time or date, there are many legitimate reasons CPA may not have been able to accomodate an earlier time. That said, trying to argue with righteous and holier-than-thou CPA fans is a pointless and frustrating excercise. CPA fans who post on this site think themselves to be the watchdogs of their schools good name. Their fans, some of whom often form prayer circles before games to pray for victory (among other more worthy things), have been blinded by the hubris of a religious dogma run amok. Some of them think their faith and the blessings of their school justify and actually legitimize their righteousness. While there are many, many wonderful people associated with CPA, most of them rarely visit these pages or call in to question the condescending behavior of their fellow Lions. Although, to his/her credit Lovedeball comes as close as a CPA fan can to apologizing above.

To beat a couple of cliches to death, what goes up must come down, and pride cometh before the fall. These vocal CPA fans need to realize how they sound to others because the black hat they feel they have been unfairly given is starting to fit rather comfortably.

I am sorry for your ordeal, and I am glad your kids got home safely.

From my previous posts:

Dude, did you get home okay? Obviously you did, so quit your crying.

Bobcat,

I don't know a thing about the circumstances around changing the game time or date, there are many legitimate reasons CPA may not have been able to accomodate an earlier time. That said, trying to argue with righteous and holier-than-thou CPA fans is a pointless and frustrating excercise. CPA fans who post on this site think themselves to be the watchdogs of their schools good name. Their fans, some of whom often form prayer circles before games to pray for victory (among other more worthy things), have been blinded by the hubris of a religious dogma run amok. Some of them think their faith and the blessings of their school justify and actually legitimize their righteousness. While there are many, many wonderful people associated with CPA, most of them rarely visit these pages or call in to question the condescending behavior of their fellow Lions. Although, to his/her credit Lovedeball comes as close as a CPA fan can to apologizing above.

To beat a couple of cliches to death, what goes up must come down, and pride cometh before the fall. These vocal CPA fans need to realize how they sound to others because the black hat they feel they have been unfairly given is starting to fit rather comfortably.

You started out your post by saying..."I don't know a thing about". I think that pretty much sums it up Bodawgs.

Bobcat,

You have no place saying these things about anyone, forget CPA fans. The undertone of this whole post is condescending and inappropriately speculative. You do not know what I "think," what I pray for, or have any right to comment on my character, especially on a public forum like this. And before you say "I was not saying that about you," I am a member of the CPA family so you said that to me. It looks to me that you need to examine your own assumed "righteousness." The parents and fans of CPA believe that CPA is a special place, as is hopefully true at every school. CPA is a mission of Christ Presbyterian Church, and its influence is purposely instilled in every aspect of the Academy. Is everyone at CPA a Christian? No. Do all of the parents, coaches, faculty, students, players, and fans represent the school well? Of course not. Does every CPA fan fit the description that you have laid out? Most definitely not. If you have been personally offended by the "holier-than-thou" feeling you may have gotten from CPA or a fan, you are not alone. This rejection has existed in the church (not CPC, the church as a whole) for centuries, and there is no defense for that. Is it hypocritical behavior? Yes. Does it deter me from continuing to support a school that is grounded in my beliefs? No. People associated with CPA are not better than anyone else, and I for one do not pretend to be. If this is not your problem with CPA, please correct me. While I actually agree that few of your comments might be true of some or of CPA as a whole, your blanket assumptions and character attacking comments are out of line, and this is not the place for that. And yes, I am being a "watchdog of my schools good name." I would hope that you too watch over what you consider to be good. As for assuming what other people think, pray for, care about, and consider themselves to be, that is not for you or me.

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Bobcat,

I love you.

I love you so, so much.