District 4A Tournament

rufus22

Now that the District 4A tournament is over with I was wondering why they decided to change the format and instead of having a central site for the semis and finals, they decided to have the higher seeds host. I personally hated this format because in my opinion, it takes away from the whole tournament experience for the fans. Instead of paying one price and seeing 2 maybe 4 games a night you are paying the same price just to see a single game. I like the idea of having the opening round at the higher seeds home court but if most people are like me, I like to see more than one game a night. It adds to the enjoyment and the variety of the basketball you are watching. If I read right, district 3 didn't do this and kept the tournament based at harriman this year. Why did District 4 decided to change the format? I have always said, if it isn't broke don't fix it, so why mess with a format that was not only good for the teams but also good for the fans. It doesn't make much sense to me. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Stupidest format that I have seen. Takes away from the tournament atmosphere, and cheats fans and players out of attending games. You pay price for one game that you would pay at other districts to see 2 or even 4 games. The tournament games seemed like ordinary district games. Understand that the 4 Morgan County principals/athletic directors voted for this format and the Oneida and Oliver Springs principals did not. If the Morgan County principals continue to stick together, the district will most likely continue this format. Fans ought to let these people know that they do not like it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Stupidest format that I have seen. Takes away from the tournament atmosphere, and cheats fans and players out of attending games. You pay price for one game that you would pay at other districts to see 2 or even 4 games. The tournament games seemed like ordinary district games. Understand that the 4 Morgan County principals/athletic directors voted for this format and the Oneida and Oliver Springs principals did not. If the Morgan County principals continue to stick together, the district will most likely continue this format. Fans ought to let these people know that they do not like it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They will most likely not continue this format. The only reason the coaches/athletic directors voted for this was because no one wanted to have it at OS.

I'm alright with the first round games being at the higher seed, because for the most part the only people who want to see those 2 games are the fans from those schools, but when it comes to the semis and finals, they should be played at the same place. I've heard some people state that the reason they did it this year was to keep the host school from having an unfair advantage by hosting and playing in there home gym every game, well that doesn't make any sense because in the end the top seeds get that "unfair" advantage anyway. The only way to take that advantage away would be to have the games at a neutral site outside of the district. Like have the District 4 tournament at a District 3 site and vice versa. I don't think this is a good idea but it would sure beat paying the same price for one game that you used to be able to pay for multiple games.

They will most likely not continue this format. The only reason the coaches/athletic directors voted for this was because no one wanted to have it at OS.

I can understand why, the Burg doesn't do too well at the Pit!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />