South Greene Lady Rebels

lastyear21

Playing as hard as they can for 32 minutes will not be SG's problem-they have been coached to leave it all on the floor every time they go out and play since they were old enough to dribble a basketball. Intensity will not be their problem either-these girls have played that "in-your-face" style defense and "stop me if you can" offense since joining the Lady Rebel team as Freshman. God1st hit the nail on the head when talking about Dye having to make sure she stays out of foul trouble. Throughout the year I have seen more offensive fouls called on her than I can count and I have said this before and I will say it again-LEARN TO SHOOT THE PULL UP JUMPER!!! Dye is the Leader of this team, but just as imortant to this team is Casteel. These two girls need to stay out of foul trouble and continue to step up and be leaders for their teammates.

If SG plays to their potential and Dye and Casteel stay out of foul trouble then SG will be tough to beat and they will have a really good chance to go deep into the State Tournament! Good Luck Lady Rebels!!!

VERY TRUE ON THE FOULS CREATED BY DYE-- ALI GARDNER AND RACHEL DYE GET ALOT OF UNNECESSARY AND SOMETIMES NOT EVEN CLOSE FOULS CALLED ON THEM BECAUSE OF THERE AGGRESSIVE STYLE OF PLAY . LOVE TO WATCH THAT OLD TIME BAKETBALL. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS GOTTA LOVEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are tough!

Another thing I've noticed about this group of girls is that they are a TEAM. While watching them warm up or in the hallways before the game they are all high-fiving each other, talking it up etc. I've only seen them play two times but it was same mentality before both games, you can see it when they come out on the floor.

How far will they go, nobody knows but they'll definiltey go down fighting IF they go down.