Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

Stanton actually wanted to bring Ron back before last season and there were at least 3 coaches that said they would quit if he was hired. Personally I would have called their bluff and hired him because the positives of him coming in would be greater than the negatives of the 3 leaving.

From what I hear, Ron would accept a job if they offered him one. The hardest part would be the sort of awkwardness between him and Blade because they went for same job but Ron has nothing against Blade personally so I'm sure he could put it behind him and coach where he wants to be. I think the drama or the soap opera has been created by the community and in places like this, he's not a very dramatic person. What he is is a dam fine Oline coach and a very bright offensive mind. He would also help a lot with the strength and conditioning program.

There are some good coaches though on the staff. There are some that are good schemers but not good teachers and vice versa. One area that Blade needs to excel that Stevens didn't at all is coaching other coaches. One area they need to really improve is the freshmen team. I like Phil Thompson a lot, he seems like a very good coach but that freshmen team should have been a lot better because they had a ton of talent. They're going to get a lot more talent next year.

How much is Ron paying you to prop him up

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron is wearing a State Championship ring. The way I see it he doesn't need any of us to prop him up.

Ole Dad

He also has several ringd that he received for Soap Opera King...and he doesn't need anyone to prop him up in that regard either. The worst coach on the Catholic staff is wearing a championship ring, so what's your point? Does a ring mean that a coach has achieved greatness?

He also has several ringd that he received for Soap Opera King...and he doesn't need anyone to prop him up in that regard either. The worst coach on the Catholic staff is wearing a championship ring, so what's your point? Does a ring mean that a coach has achieved greatness?

I'm starting to think Coach Gray has a picture of you with a sheep or something,

I am not sure what he did to you, but you seem to have a lot of hate in you sir, We know what you think of him as a man, you think he jumps from school to school. He creates drama. Ok.

I do not know the man, but let's not tear down his accomplishments. Or you could say it to his face.

It might make you feel better to get it out.

Ron is wearing a State Championship ring. The way I see it he doesn't need any of us to prop him up.

Ole Dad

Funny how a state ring as an assistant means a lot to some of you, but a state ring for a head coach in the same classification meant nothing. Go figure. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm starting to think Coach Gray has a picture of you with a sheep or something,

I am not sure what he did to you, but you seem to have a lot of hate in you sir, We know what you think of him as a man, you think he jumps from school to school. He creates drama. Ok.

I do not know the man, but let's not tear down his accomplishments. Or you could say it to his face.

It might make you feel better to get it out.

I am not saying that HE is the worst coach on the Catholic staff. I doubt that he is. My point is that a championship ring does not necssarily validate a coach. The "Drama King" thing is a known FACT...it follows him everywhere he goes because he creates it. It doesn't make him a bad coach, but it is a FACT.

Please explain.

Stevens was condemned by Ole Dad and many of the Oak Ridge faithful before he even held his first practice. He had won a state championship as a head coach, but yet that meant nothing. Now he and others want to credit Grey for his state ring as an assistant.

With that being said, it didn't work out with Stevens and OR needed a change, but how can you validate one coach for having a state ring as and assistant but condemn another who has one as a head coach. Heck I bet the team managers and trainers for Catholic have state rings also. Can you explain that?

Stevens was condemned by Ole Dad and many of the Oak Ridge faithful before he even held his first practice. He had won a state championship as a head coach, but yet that meant nothing. Now he and others want to credit Grey for his state ring as an assistant.

With that being said, it didn't work out with Stevens and OR needed a change, but how can you validate one coach for having a state ring as and assistant but condemn another who has one as a head coach. Heck I bet the team managers and trainers for Catholic have state rings also. Can you explain that?

SS was an assistant on the OR staff before getting the AE job. My guess is that his integrity/ maturity issues did not begin when he arrived to be the head coach at OR. When he did arrive it was also under questionable circumstances anyway, so it was a lost cause from the start. A Super bowl ring could not have helped the SS situation in my opinion.

SS was an assistant on the OR staff before getting the AE job. My guess is that his integrity/ maturity issues did not begin when he arrived to be the head coach at OR. When he did arrive it was also under questionable circumstances anyway, so it was a lost cause from the start. A Super bowl ring could not have helped the SS situation in my opinion.

I'll buy it, I'm sure that's the reason, all of them knew him well enough to make that assumption at that time.

Well, thats in that past. I'm excited to have coach Blade and can't wait to see what he brings to the table. It's time for OR to get back to the top and hopefully he is the man who can do it. One thing we don't need is to have to go through another coaching search in the near future.

I'll buy it, I'm sure that's the reason, all of them knew him well enough to make that assumption at that time.

Well, thats in that past. I'm excited to have coach Blade and can't wait to see what he brings to the table. It's time for OR to get back to the top and hopefully he is the man who can do it. One thing we don't need is to have to go through another coaching search in the near future.

Give Blade the support and be patient and he will make OR fans happy.