Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Who did he recommend? Last time I talked to him, which was the day after Blade's meet and greet thing, he said he had recommended Blade. I'm curious where you're getting your info from? Yourself maybe?

I thought I knew who Nick was, but this guy can't be from OR, he is just making stuff up. I thought he was one of our former assistants.

I thought I knew who Nick was, but this guy can't be from OR, he is just making stuff up. I thought he was one of our former assistants.

I don't know. One things for dang sure, he doesn't know Mike Mullins at all. I know the guy personally, he came to my graduation party and has been to my house a couple times. He and Karla are very good people who care very much for Oak Ridge sports. The day after Blade was hired Karla hugged me and told me it was a great day for Oak Ridge High School...she didn't act like someone who was upset that her husband had been overruled by Bailey and the school had hired someone they didn't want. Then later that day Mike told me about recommending Blade.

If they were lying they did an extremely convincing job! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know. One things for dang sure, he doesn't know Mike Mullins at all. I know the guy personally, he came to my graduation party and has been to my house a couple times. He and Karla are very good people who care very much for Oak Ridge sports. The day after Blade was hired Karla hugged me and told me it was a great day for Oak Ridge High School...she didn't act like someone who was upset that her husband had been overruled by Bailey and the school had hired someone they didn't want. Then later that day Mike told me about recommending Blade.

If they were lying they did an extremely convincing job! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ram,

I have heard the same thing, I have met Mullins & his wife & I will promise you this-they care about Oak Ridge Athletics. Mullins & Chucky (as Old Dad calls him) made a great combo... I will be honest, I am shocked by Nick's comments, because every one I know has said the same thing you have just said.

I am glad Nick brought this up, otherwise I may have never thanked Coach Mullins in a public forum..

I would like to Thank Coach Mullins & Chuck for their commitment & service.

Chuck is now leaving & we will miss him.

Chucky and Mullins did a great job. I was skeptical the entire process because I felt that the people in the Tower of Power would overrule their recommendation and we would get stuck with a poor selection once again. I have never met Coach Blade and he hasn't coached a game at ORHS, but from what I hear about the changes he has made since arriving I am one happy Ole Dad. Congratulations Chucky and Mullins, you guys are my heroes. Even when Chucky leaves, and I was there when he was born, his name will live in infamy as the founder of "The Chuck Dome" and the hirer of Coach Blade.

Ole Dad

Ram,

I have heard the same thing, I have met Mullins & his wife & I will promise you this-they care about Oak Ridge Athletics. Mullins & Chucky (as Old Dad calls him) made a great combo... I will be honest, I am shocked by Nick's comments, because every one I know has said the same thing you have just said.

I am glad Nick brought this up, otherwise I may have never thanked Coach Mullins in a public forum..

I would like to Thank Coach Mullins & Chuck for their commitment & service.

Chuck is now leaving & we will miss him.

Chucky and Mullins did a great job. I was skeptical the entire process because I felt that the people in the Tower of Power would overrule their recommendation and we would get stuck with a poor selection once again. I have never met Coach Blade and he hasn't coached a game at ORHS, but from what I hear about the changes he has made since arriving I am one happy Ole Dad. Congratulations Chucky and Mullins, you guys are my heroes. Even when Chucky leaves, and I was there when he was born, his name will live in infamy as the founder of "The Chuck Dome" and the hirer of Coach Blade.

Ole Dad

Amen.

Mike Mullins is a good guy and a good AD. There is not a person in Oak Ridge that cares more about ORHS sports than Mike Mullins, I guarantee it. Yes he's blunt and doesn't play the game, which is why he's alienated some people, but he doesn't mind making the hard decisions and alienating some people. He's another guy who is there just for the kids and doesn't have some ulterior motive.

LOL! You have no clue.

LOL! You are so young and confused.

LOL! You have no clue.

LOL! You are so young and confused.

Tell us why you say that? I don't mind you speaking your mind, but you can't just make a blanket statement like that without explaining what you mean. Don't be afraid Mr. Scratch, I want to hear your logic. Although I don't think I am going to.

Yeah I'd like to know what I'm so confused about? I've known him for a long time. I played Dline for him, I had him as a teacher, I know both him and Karla well personally, etc. I'd like to think I know him pretty well. I don't know what I'm confused about?

Would someone who cares or cared so much about the program and the Kids walk out on them and the other coaches days or weeks before the start of the season like he did in 2003 or 2004 not sure which year. Is that caring ? Also I am told he was turned down by the present coach and others came in to secure the hire.