2009 oliversprings football

4th&goal

Why exactly do you can so much? OS is playing Midway. They have not played Harriman in a while. They actually tried to pick them up two years ago, but it did not work out Whoa! They dropped Kingston who has 800 + students and they aren't playing Rockwood. Those poor kids at OS. They don't get to play Rockwood. The tragedy. Get over it slim. Your life will be just fine if OS and Rockwood don't play.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why exactly do you can so much? OS is playing Midway. They have not played Harriman in a while. They actually tried to pick them up two years ago, but it did not work out Whoa! They dropped Kingston who has 800 + students and they aren't playing Rockwood. Those poor kids at OS. They don't get to play Rockwood. The tragedy. Get over it slim. Your life will be just fine if OS and Rockwood don't play.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, Midway is the only county team OS is playing????????? Wow that is really teaching your kids to compete. I just believe in calling a spade a spade. If Coach Webb does the same thing next year that OS is doing this year, guess what - he is a wimp too! But you and I both know, he wouldn't do that, because he is not scared to play in county. Maybe OS should just drop the program all together.

I agree with you slimpikins

The teams there playing out of district....miles from O.S. high school to the school there playing

Hancock Co. 100 miles

Grundy Co. 120 miles

Clay Co. 117 miles

So there driving 337 miles just to the schools there play thats not counting the trip home

Teams the could have played and made more money then they will with them 3 teams

Harriman 14 miles

Kingston 24 miles

Rockwood 25 miles

totals miles 63 miles

Once again Jet you make another post stating what you think are facts, yet you just continue to show your ignorance. Harriman has refused to play OS the last 4 years, even though OS has tried to schedule a game every year Coach Brackett has been at OS and the last year of Coach Johnsons tenure.

Kingston is a no brainer, OS is a small 2-A school at best, playing one of the toughest 3-A teams in the area.

As for Rockwood, I would like to see OS play Rockwood, but not the first game of the season, that request and change of schedule came from the Rockwwod camp, not OS's.

If you look at the past 8 years, OS has had a top 5 strenght of schedule, Why in Gods name don't you stick to your lowley Jets, who just two years ago took a beating from OS in a scrimmage game. You tried posting your stupid comments on the Oak Ridge thread for a while, until you were shamed and ran off. Now do us the same favor and go back to Cumberland Co.

Once again Jet you make another post stating what you think are facts, yet you just continue to show your ignorance. Harriman has refused to play OS the last 4 years, even though OS has tried to schedule a game every year Coach Brackett has been at OS and the last year of Coach Johnsons tenure.

Kingston is a no brainer, OS is a small 2-A school at best, playing one of the toughest 3-A teams in the area.

As for Rockwood, I would like to see OS play Rockwood, but not the first game of the season, that request and change of schedule came from the Rockwwod camp, not OS's.

If you look at the past 8 years, OS has had a top 5 strenght of schedule, Why in Gods name don't you stick to your lowley Jets, who just two years ago took a beating from OS in a scrimmage game. You tried posting your stupid comments on the Oak Ridge thread for a while, until you were shamed and ran off. Now do us the same favor and go back to Cumberland Co.

Umm ok you idiot lets see here you don't like my facts so you have to go cut me down shows how much class you have. I bet if you call Vic King, John Webb, or Travis Tapp I bet they would have found a way to play Oliver Springs. I know Kingston & Rockwood would have played.... I know Rockwood would because I talked to one of the coachs and they said O.S refused to play them and he said they tried to play them besides week 0 or 1

Umm ok you idiot lets see here you don't like my facts so you have to go cut me down shows how much class you have. I bet if you call Vic King, John Webb, or Travis Tapp I bet they would have found a way to play Oliver Springs. I know Kingston & Rockwood would have played.... I know Rockwood would because I talked to one of the coachs and they said O.S refused to play them and he said they tried to play them besides week 0 or 1

Are your Jets so bad that all you have to do is to continue to make posts about situations you know NOTHING about?

There is no need to call Vic King, it was the administraion and coaches call to drop Kingston from the schedule, as I stated in my first post, it's a no brainer, if you don't understand why...well that wouldn't surprise me.

No need to call John Webb, thats been done, and the only game they had open was week 0. It was their choice to move the OS game from it's original slot on the schedule from years past. I'm not implying they did this on purpose, because of the OS game, it's just the way it happened, and OS did not want to play week 0. If you knew anything about scheduling high school football games, you would know that sometimes two teams can't work out a date that satifys both parties. OS did not drop Rockwood from their original schedule, they were dropped after the date had been changed.

No need to call Travis Tapp, that's been done for the past 5 years, they will not schedule OS.

With the problems your Jets had last year, and will have more this coming year, I find it odd that you would feel the need to single out and criticize OS, another team that is going through a down period in their football program. I think the OS coaches are doing what they feel necessary to help put this program on the right path, and I for one agree with it. It's easy to sit behind a screen name and criticize others, everyone in OZ knows who I am, just ask around I'll be happy to meet up with you face to face to discuss this matter more!

With the problems your Jets had last year, and will have more this coming year, I find it odd that you would feel the need to single out and criticize OS, another team that is going through a down period in their football program. I think the OS coaches are doing what they feel necessary to help put this program on the right path, and I for one agree with it. It's easy to sit behind a screen name and criticize others, everyone in OZ knows who I am, just ask around I'll be happy to meet up with you face to face to discuss this matter more!

Last time I checked this was a topic about Oliver Springs not Cumberland Co. if you want me to say it yes the Jets has stunk the last 4 years but Oliver Springs didnt have a new school open and take half of your students away being stuck playing Cookeville, Lincolin Co. and that bunch hasnt been easy but we have a coaching change I think things will turn around soon back to topic. I totally understand why they drop Kingston. If the Harriman thing is true shame on Harriman for not playing a county team. But I talked a Rockwood coach he told me they tried putting them on the schedule beside week 0 or 1 but Oliver Springs would not accept it. If you say that not true then your calling a Rockwood coach a liar.

Last time I checked this was a topic about Oliver Springs not Cumberland Co. if you want me to say it yes the Jets has stunk the last 4 years but Oliver Springs didnt have a new school open and take half of your students away being stuck playing Cookeville, Lincolin Co. and that bunch hasnt been easy but we have a coaching change I think things will turn around soon back to topic. I totally understand why they drop Kingston. If the Harriman thing is true shame on Harriman for not playing a county team. But I talked a Rockwood coach he told me they tried putting them on the schedule beside week 0 or 1 but Oliver Springs would not accept it. If you say that not true then your calling a Rockwood coach a liar.

Sounds as if you need some wine with your cheese. Yes, this is an OS thread, I just dont undrstand WHY you feel the need to get on threads of other schools and post NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE POSTS, when you have your own problems with your own football team. You should be putting forth a POSITIVE effort toward helping them rebuild, instead of being so negative about other programs! And the fact you continue to make post that are wrong in content.

As for the comment about the Rockwood coach, those are YOUR WORDS, NOT MINE. I only know what I've been told by school officials, whom I trust!

Don't ever "shame on " Harriman for their schedule. I don't know about refusing to play OS, but the Class A Blue Devils play against 3A Kingston and 2A Rockwood as in-county games every year. Rockwood is now a district game but it hasn't been that way until this year. If refusing to play OS is true, it sure isn't because they are afraid of losing or they certainly wouldn't be playing Kingston and Rockwood, two traditionally strong programs, every year.

Careful Jet, catback mountain is getting mad!!!

Don't ever "shame on " Harriman for their schedule. I don't know about refusing to play OS, but the Class A Blue Devils play against 3A Kingston and 2A Rockwood as in-county games every year. Rockwood is now a district game but it hasn't been that way until this year. If refusing to play OS is true, it sure isn't because they are afraid of losing or they certainly wouldn't be playing Kingston and Rockwood, two traditionally strong programs, every year.

I don't think Catback is implying that Harriman is scared. Everyone needs to realize that each head coach in the county has his own team's best interest at heart. I know most of these coaches well and can say that none of them is "scared" of any team. You can look back to when they played and the ones I know were hard nosed football players that weren't scared of anybody or anything. But its a different story when you are trying to build or maintain a program, especially now that wins and losses factor into that wild card spot.

Slim you need to remember that these coaches are at work every single day, getting paid very little, and are doing their best to wins games and above all else shape the lives of the young men at their school. I know you say it sets a bad example for the kids when you don't play the county teams, but in the case of OS, if both teams are successful they will meet in the playoffs. The coaches are doing what they feel is best for their kids and if the OS coaches think their kids need to experience some success and learn how to win then so be it.

In my opinion, you are the one who is acting like a coward- calling people out for being scared when you hide behind your screen name on a computer. Trust me these coaches take enough heat and criticism from their own fans and parents without you stirring up a mess in your free time on coacht.

Jet Pride you're right this is not a post about Cumberland County, and yes they have struggled also. I guess thats why I don't understand someone from there getting on the OS website and bashing their program and most of all the kids. Do you want OS people getting on CC post (which I think you started) and start bashing your school, coaches, and KIDS, do you, I don't think so. I don't post on here often, but I get so tired of outsiders posting on other folks post when their only intention is to bash them, do you not think folks from OS know their team is struggling? And as for you slim, is that your purpose, to get on here and tell folks how bad they are, maybe thats your motive, "If I keep telling them how bad they are over and over again, they'll believe it and cancel the program", is that what you want slim, OS to cancel their program? WHY? are you afraid they will get the program turned around and beat your team? If thats the case, there's a coward on here and it ain't OS. Back to you Jet Pride, I'm not going to get on here or any other site and bash CC, I actually hope they get it turned around up there ( for the kids sake), cause we know what its like to be down. Thank's Jacketsfan13, its nice to know there's some people out there who isn't interested in seeing OS down forever.