2009 oliversprings football

4th&goal

First of all What is this post listed under, if I'm not mistaken it's oliver springs football. What was the first post about, 4th and goal made a post about off season workouts, about what team? OS. Then look at the next two posters, bashers, that is what all this is about, bashing OS team, coaches, and kids. This is the only thing I don't like about coach t. OS fans can't get on here and talk about their team without some OS haters sticking their big fat noses on here and bashing the team. You can say it's about them not playing county teams all you want but that's bull and you know it. Fact in years past we've played county teams, and the first site of an OS post on coacht here comes the bashers, so don't give me that crap this is only about OS not playing county teams. The only teams any team has to play is teams in their district. We don't get to pick and choose where the TSSAA puts us. If you want to assure OS and Rockwood have to play every year then you get the TSSAA to re-district us and we'll be fine with that. But like I said this isn't about the schedule, the schedule just gave you new ammunition to fire at us. By the way do you see any OS people on the Rockwood thread bashing them? Cause like I said look at the past few years, especially since OS has been down "some people" have been getting their kick and giggles at the expense of OS, not on their own post, but ours. Now since you brought it up who should be ashamed, and another one you brought is that and kind of lessons to be teaching your kids? Kicking people when their down? Get a life!

Ever heard of a "gentlemens agreement"? Just because you don't HAVE to play doesn't mean you shouldn't. I am just trying to wrap my brain around this: 2 similar sized schools within the same county that have a good football tradition and now 1 team decides it doesn't want to play anymore but would rather travel a long distance to play a team with lesser success. You do the math.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard of a "gentlemens agreement"? Just because you don't HAVE to play doesn't mean you shouldn't. I am just trying to wrap my brain around this: 2 similar sized schools within the same county that have a good football tradition and now 1 team decides it doesn't want to play anymore but would rather travel a long distance to play a team with lesser success. You do the math.

Slim, Just come to terms with them not playing instead of staying on this thread pitching a hissy fit about it.

Their in 2 different reigons and maybe they will play each other in the playoffs but plaese stop worrying about it so much, I'm tired of seeing you on here crying.

Slim, Just come to terms with them not playing instead of staying on this thread pitching a hissy fit about it.

Their in 2 different reigons and maybe they will play each other in the playoffs but plaese stop worrying about it so much, I'm tired of seeing you on here crying.

You must be an OS coach. I would love nothing more than to play you in the playoffs.

Are you threatening me???????? That is inappropriate!!!!!!!!! How come I am the coward, when you don't give your name either????? Monkeyboy told me about you, he said you live on Brokeback, I mean Catback Mountain. Monkeyboy said he ripped you to purple shreads.

Your post, just proves my point! Thanks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey slim lets talk some football, I know Rockwood is losing a few seniors this year, I'll list the one's I know of and if you would fill me in on the one's I miss, and let me know who you think is going to fill their positions next year. Ok, I know the Qb,Parsons Sr. Rb. Dyer Sr. Te. Roberts Sr. Raby Wr. Sr. and I think a couple of lineman. You'll have to excuse my not knowing the linemen's names cause I'm pulling this off the top of my head.

Hey slim lets talk some football, I know Rockwood is losing a few seniors this year, I'll list the one's I know of and if you would fill me in on the one's I miss, and let me know who you think is going to fill their positions next year. Ok, I know the Qb,Parsons Sr. Rb. Dyer Sr. Te. Roberts Sr. Raby Wr. Sr. and I think a couple of lineman. You'll have to excuse my not knowing the linemen's names cause I'm pulling this off the top of my head.

Your right, we are going to be pretty lean. I wonder if Clay & Hancock Co. have any openings left in their schedule?

Your post, just proves my point! Thanks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Brokeback, how many screen names are you using these days???????

Do you not even know the names of the players you are losing this year? And the depth chart of younger players who will be taking their place? Is this not a football board where people can have discussions about their football teams. If you can't do those things then I think you need to search the internet and find some other forum where there are people who are interested in the same subjects you are.

If you look at the schedules on CoachT, they are rated by strenght of schedule, also any High School publication of local teams has this same information. No one said that Rockwood had a easier schedule than OS, seeing that they played in the same district it's probably about the same.

Thats pretty much what i was thinking.....thanks

Just guessing,but the QB next season will most likely be Harness(Sr).......unless Jolley(Jr) comes back....then it could be a toss-up.......Dyer's replacement will be Deardorff(Jr),who was Dyers back-up last year.....he didn't get that many carries this year but did avg. almost 6 ypc and scored a couple of times.....He replaced Dyer for the CAK game.......Deardorff started at LB last season and was 2nd in tackles...just behind Dyer.....Rockwood could be loaded at LB next season so Deardorff says he will get a look at SS in the spring.........IMO,we don't really have a replacement for Raby....that kid is talented....hopefully a team effort can replace him.......you left out RB Brock,who's replacement could be either Dean(Jr) or Hedrick(So)....unless Inman moves to RB and Morgan starts at FB.....again....just guessing .........TE will be Hagamaker(sp?) who shared time with Roberts last year except at one point we had so many injuries in the line he played tackle for awhile.....Hagamaker was also the other starting DE oppisite Roberts last year......the linemen were mostly Jr's last year.....except for MacDonnald was a Sr.......and i can't remember if Foust was a Jr or Sr last year.....the backup QB,Knuckles,was also a Sr last season......off the top of my head,i think thats about all.

You must be an OS coach. I would love nothing more than to play you in the playoffs.

Actually no im not a coach, im just a fan of OS.

And trust me they would love to see rockwood in the playoffs im sure too with as much as rockwood lost lat year and if i remember correctly that was a pretty darn good game last year and OS returns a lot of their key players

Thanks Tiger24Fan It was really a question to slim to see if he's a big Tiger fan or just a big OS hater. But anyhow thanks for the information. I don't think the OS fans on here have anything against Rockwood as a team, we're just tired of some people claiming to be from Rockwood getting on our board when their only motive is to bash our team. Good luck to the Tigers, and who knows, maybe OS can get it turned around enough to see the Tigers vs. the Cats in the playoffs.