REGION TOURNAMENT AT JOHNSON COUNTY

agitator53

Well, I fired up the old redneck van to make the trip to Mountain City to see the tournament game between the Grizzlies and the Longhorns. Needless to say I was disappointed. Not in the two teams on the court, but in the fans in attendance. I don't ever want to hear anyone call my beloved Bulldog fans "rednecks" again, because tonight I saw what a true unsportsmanlike environment was. After hearing the speech during pre-game announcements about sportsmanship, what I saw and heard was anything but. I saw Johnson County fans leaving their seats and standing inches behind Grizzly players who were throwing the ball in, and yelling in their ears. I won't embarass those reading this post by repeating the words that were said to the Grizzly players. I also saw Longhorn cheerleaders getting as close behind the Grizzly players throwing the ball in and doing the same. Adults were getting up out of their seats to scream, only inches, in the Grizzly player's ears. The officials did nothing to stop this, often standing beside the unsportsmanlike fans and cheerleaders while this took place. I realize that fans cheer for and support their team, and should. But to be as unsportsmanlike as many of the Johnson County fans and cheerleaders were is inexcusable. There were even fans leaving their seats and going to the edge of the playing surface to scream at the officials and make threats with nothing done. It is truly a shame that two fine groups of athletes can't compete in a game of basketball without the fans being rude and unsportsmanlike. If I were an administrator or official in attendance, I would truly be ashamed at the way my school supporters acted tonight. I am sure many of you Johnson County fans will blast this post, and officials in attendance will do the same. To the Longhorn basketball team, congratulatoins on your win tonight. To your fans and cheerleaders, you should be ashamed of how you acted tonight and treated the Grizzly basketball team. What happened happened, and cannot be denied. I have heard for years how rude and unsportsmanlike the fans at Johnson County High School were, and tonight I got to see it firsthand. It was shameful and uncalled for. Makes me sick to think of how those actions influenced the younger kids watching such a display. Some of you people need to get out of the mountains ever now and then and see how to act. It did me a world of good tonight. Thank you for showing me how to be unhospitable, rude, unsportsmanlike, and downright nasty to visitors. I only hope you get to experience the same next week at Chuckey-Doak.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I fired up the old redneck van to make the trip to Mountain City to see the tournament game between the Grizzlies and the Longhorns. Needless to say I was disappointed. Not in the two teams on the court, but in the fans in attendance. I don't ever want to hear anyone call my beloved Bulldog fans "rednecks" again, because tonight I saw what a true unsportsmanlike environment was. After hearing the speech during pre-game announcements about sportsmanship, what I saw and heard was anything but. I saw Johnson County fans leaving their seats and standing inches behind Grizzly players who were throwing the ball in, and yelling in their ears. I won't embarass those reading this post by repeating the words that were said to the Grizzly players. I also saw Longhorn cheerleaders getting as close behind the Grizzly players throwing the ball in and doing the same. Adults were getting up out of their seats to scream, only inches, in the Grizzly player's ears. The officials did nothing to stop this, often standing beside the unsportsmanlike fans and cheerleaders while this took place. I realize that fans cheer for and support their team, and should. But to be as unsportsmanlike as many of the Johnson County fans and cheerleaders were is inexcusable. There were even fans leaving their seats and going to the edge of the playing surface to scream at the officials and make threats with nothing done. It is truly a shame that two fine groups of athletes can't compete in a game of basketball without the fans being rude and unsportsmanlike. If I were an administrator or official in attendance, I would truly be ashamed at the way my school supporters acted tonight. I am sure many of you Johnson County fans will blast this post, and officials in attendance will do the same. To the Longhorn basketball team, congratulatoins on your win tonight. To your fans and cheerleaders, you should be ashamed of how you acted tonight and treated the Grizzly basketball team. What happened happened, and cannot be denied. I have heard for years how rude and unsportsmanlike the fans at Johnson County High School were, and tonight I got to see it firsthand. It was shameful and uncalled for. Makes me sick to think of how those actions influenced the younger kids watching such a display. Some of you people need to get out of the mountains ever now and then and see how to act. It did me a world of good tonight. Thank you for showing me how to be unhospitable, rude, unsportsmanlike, and downright nasty to visitors. I only hope you get to experience the same next week at Chuckey-Doak.

hahaha this game was awesome. quit crying cause your team can't handle a loud atmosphere and tell #4 that if he is college material..then our whole team can play at the D1 level haha. he was a joke and was the most selfish player ive ever seen in a high school uniform. he was triple teamed and wouldn't pass the ball off to his teammates. you guys came into the gym and saw how real team basketball is played. the fans did nothing wrong and yes we do raise a little cain on the refs but they were horrible. they tried to give your team the game in the 2nd half and still couldn't do that! keep it up Longhorn fans lets "support" our team instead of setting in our seats...

hahaha this game was awesome. quit crying cause your team can't handle a loud atmosphere and tell #4 that if he is college material..then our whole team can play at the D1 level haha. he was a joke and was the most selfish player ive ever seen in a high school uniform. he was triple teamed and wouldn't pass the ball off to his teammates. you guys came into the gym and saw how real team basketball is played. the fans did nothing wrong and yes we do raise a little cain on the refs but they were horrible. they tried to give your team the game in the 2nd half and still couldn't do that! keep it up Longhorn fans lets "support" our team instead of setting in our seats...

The response I expected to get. No one is crying, and as far as the atmosphere, any community would support their team. This wasn't team support. It was downright rude unsportsmanlike behavior. I'll be glad to tell the Appalachian State Recruiter who was there last night to see McBee what you've said since he waited around after the game to talk to McBee. Guess he didn't have time to talk to any of your Longhorn players since HE WASN'T INTERESTED! It is evident that you expected to play McBee and not the Grizzlies. I wish I had gone on to watch my Bulldogs play instead of coming to the Longhorn's Barn, since that's what it seemed like. You bet the Longhorn team is a good team! They are so good that a team with 4 starters fighting the flu came back and got close enough to beat them. Yea, that's a real team you've got there. Let's see how well they fare next week with a healthy team on a neutral floor without their "advantage". The "atmosphere" as you put it was mostly a community supporting their team. But, the fans who were so childish...adults especially......who were so rude and usnportsmanlike to step down behind a player to scream obsceneties and other things in their ears....CHEERLEADERS INCLUDED....should have been dealt with by the officials. Other schools have had school officials and law enforcement to see that there were only 10 players and 3 officials on the court. I guess some of your people haven't learned to count that well yet. Without question, what I saw last night on the sidelines was the poorest example of sportsmanship, the rudest fans I've ever seen. Either stop reading your statement on sportsmship before the game or else control the rednecks and cheerleaders on the sidelines. If you will drive out of your parking lot, take 91 to 58 west, and turn right or left on I-81, you will find there is life outside your little gymnasium, and that fans outside know how to act much better than your fans do/did. Enjoy the trip to Chuckey Doak next week........but don't pack your bags for Murfreesboro. You aren't going to be able to add more people to the playing surface there like you do in your "Barn". Hey, by the way. Tell me again how many of your Longhorn players Appalachian State, Wake Forest, UT, and several other schools have actively recruited. Give Appalachian State a call tomorrow and ask their recruiter who he was there to watch/talk to besides McBee. Why don't you guys load up and come over to Claiborne County as see how my Bulldogs and Bulldog fans take care of you on our court! Barn.......Ha Ha Ha. Did I hear a few "Moos" from the sidelines?

For me as a True Longhorn fan I am truly sorry you had a bad experince. For what I seen I thought it was a well played game by both teams and I felt like your coaches and players seemed to have a lot of class. McBee is a great player who is going to make someone a good college player. As for as the fans go there always some everywhere you go that sometimes might get out of hand and just in our small gym its easier to see. Good luck in the future with your school and basketball team.

Typical response. McBee has been double and triple teamed since he was a sophomore and probably the only way the teams in the East can beat the Grizz is to do that...it also doesn't hurt for Humphrey to only play 2 minutes because he's got the flu, Farmer having the flu, Glasscock having the flu and Brabson having the flu. They only have a 7-player rotation most nights and when 4 of the 7 are battling the flu while the opposition employs a triple-team on the top player in the area then add in a hostile environment (as reported by the agitator) then it's going to be a long night for the Grizz.

As it is, congrats to JC and the rest of District 1 for going 3-1 in the first round. As far as Skylar, you'll either see him at Wake Forest or UT next season so while you might have this hair-brained opinion that's he's a joke it's not your opinion that counts.

The response I expected to get. No one is crying, and as far as the atmosphere, any community would support their team. This wasn't team support. It was downright rude unsportsmanlike behavior. I'll be glad to tell the Appalachian State Recruiter who was there last night to see McBee what you've said since he waited around after the game to talk to McBee. Guess he didn't have time to talk to any of your Longhorn players since HE WASN'T INTERESTED! It is evident that you expected to play McBee and not the Grizzlies. I wish I had gone on to watch my Bulldogs play instead of coming to the Longhorn's Barn, since that's what it seemed like. You bet the Longhorn team is a good team! They are so good that a team with 4 starters fighting the flu came back and got close enough to beat them. Yea, that's a real team you've got there. Let's see how well they fare next week with a healthy team on a neutral floor without their "advantage". The "atmosphere" as you put it was mostly a community supporting their team. But, the fans who were so childish...adults especially......who were so rude and usnportsmanlike to step down behind a player to scream obsceneties and other things in their ears....CHEERLEADERS INCLUDED....should have been dealt with by the officials. Other schools have had school officials and law enforcement to see that there were only 10 players and 3 officials on the court. I guess some of your people haven't learned to count that well yet. Without question, what I saw last night on the sidelines was the poorest example of sportsmanship, the rudest fans I've ever seen. Either stop reading your statement on sportsmship before the game or else control the rednecks and cheerleaders on the sidelines. If you will drive out of your parking lot, take 91 to 58 west, and turn right or left on I-81, you will find there is life outside your little gymnasium, and that fans outside know how to act much better than your fans do/did. Enjoy the trip to Chuckey Doak next week........but don't pack your bags for Murfreesboro. You aren't going to be able to add more people to the playing surface there like you do in your "Barn". Hey, by the way. Tell me again how many of your Longhorn players Appalachian State, Wake Forest, UT, and several other schools have actively recruited. Give Appalachian State a call tomorrow and ask their recruiter who he was there to watch/talk to besides McBee. Why don't you guys load up and come over to Claiborne County as see how my Bulldogs and Bulldog fans take care of you on our court! Barn.......Ha Ha Ha. Did I hear a few "Moos" from the sidelines?

boo hoo! still crying i see. oh yeah didn't Claiborne County get dominated by Unicoi? thats what i thought. and for Skylar "my pantyhose is too tight" McBee if thats who #4 was i really cant remember cause he wasn't doing anything on the court, guess the recruiter went home sad if there was even one there, air balling a free throw hahaha, he was garbage. have fun setting at home Grainger County...it was fun kicking your butt on the court

boo hoo! still crying i see. oh yeah didn't Claiborne County get dominated by Unicoi? thats what i thought. and for Skylar "my pantyhose is too tight" McBee if thats who #4 was i really cant remember cause he wasn't doing anything on the court, guess the recruiter went home sad if there was even one there, air balling a free throw hahaha, he was garbage. have fun setting at home Grainger County...it was fun kicking your butt on the court

UNION COUNTY WILL TAKE CARE OF THEM

WHERE IS EVERYONE GETTING CHUCKEY DOAK THE GOTTA PLAY UNION COUNTY AND ITS WAY TO MUCH 4 THEM WE GOT THE GRIZZLES BACK AND WE R GONNA PUNISH THEM

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> how sweet that you take up for your little boyfriends