REGION TOURNAMENT AT JOHNSON COUNTY

agitator53

yes i hope our boys dont catch it as well. did grainger beat union with the 122 zone?

I have no idea, I live closer to Johnson county than grainger and I haven't gotten to attend many game this year. I just go by what I'm told which is Union has more players and is a better overall team. Skylar was our equalizer by dropping 30 a night. The smith kid from union is supposed to be a great player but once again that's just what i hear.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will be in trouble at college level unless he gets his nerves under control. If he gets so nervous that he misses the front of the goal on a free throw at this level /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> well all i know is that college games might be a little bit louder. I think saturday nights game was very competitive you could tell both teams wanted it bad. As long as we stay focused against Union I think we have a very good chance, we play great team ball.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Not nerves, but game spirit. Concentration, maybe. Seems as though I've seen some of the college shooters not just miss the goal, but the entire backboard. Maybe not on a foul shot, but don't judge a player's ability on one free throw. I guess he's supposed to be a seasoned college player, but still a senior in high school. I guess that's why all the colleges and recruiters have been to see him so many times the last 2 years. I would think thier evaluation of McBee's abilities would supercede yours or mine anyway since it's their opinion that really counts. Let's just hold our opinions until next year and see where he lands, and which school he chooses to play for. Saturday was not very competetive since all of Grainger's starting team either had the flu, were recovering from the flu, or were coming down with the flu. I won't patronize anyone by making excuses for the loss, so please show the same courtesy for not patronizing the win with all the team fighting sickness

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Not nerves, but game spirit. Concentration, maybe. Seems as though I've seen some of the college shooters not just miss the goal, but the entire backboard. Maybe not on a foul shot, but don't judge a player's ability on one free throw. I guess he's supposed to be a seasoned college player, but still a senior in high school. I guess that's why all the colleges and recruiters have been to see him so many times the last 2 years. I would think thier evaluation of McBee's abilities would supercede yours or mine anyway since it's their opinion that really counts. Let's just hold our opinions until next year and see where he lands, and which school he chooses to play for. Saturday was not very competetive since all of Grainger's starting team either had the flu, were recovering from the flu, or were coming down with the flu. I won't patronize anyone by making excuses for the loss, so please show the same courtesy for not patronizing the win with all the team fighting sickness

all joking aside, i hope #4 does well in college. its always good for someone in this area to go on to college and play. especially if its a big school. our fans just try to get into other players heads especially if they are hyped up like this kid is. he does need to develop more but heck he's a heck of a lot better basketball player than i am /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

all joking aside, i hope #4 does well in college. its always good for someone in this area to go on to college and play. especially if its a big school. our fans just try to get into other players heads especially if they are hyped up like this kid is. he does need to develop more but heck he's a heck of a lot better basketball player than i am /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> longhorn07, it's always good to see any high school athlete get a scholarship and get to play in college, no matter where they play. It's also good for fans to be behind their athletes, and everyone trys to get into the opposing player's heads. Sometimes it just gets carried away, but I guess that's basketball. Good luck in the Region! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Bring on the hospitality rooms! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I have no idea, I live closer to Johnson county than grainger and I haven't gotten to attend many game this year. I just go by what I'm told which is Union has more players and is a better overall team. Skylar was our equalizer by dropping 30 a night. The smith kid from union is supposed to be a great player but once again that's just what i hear.

Whoever is telling you that Union is a better team than Grainger, must have been in the same boat as you were by not being able to attend many games this year. Grainger beat Union both times this year. I don't think that happens if Union has the best team. Also, Vittitoe and Munsey will hurt you more than Smith will at Union. Smith is a good ballhandler and can take the ball to the basket, but Tyler and Munsey can do that too, plus shoot it with anyone. Granted Skylar had a great game at Union when Bruce Pearl came to watch him, scoring 32, but Farmer and Humphrey had good games especially at home. I think Grainger peaked about three weeks before the season was over when they beat Union in consecutive weeks and then beat a very good Carter team by 20 points (again with Bruce Pearl in the stands as Skylar drops in 44). It seemed like they began to slide after that a little. But, hey thats just my opinion. I think Union can pressure Johnson County with their 2-2-1 the whole game. They didn't seem to me to be a very good ball handling team. It should be a good game. Union will man up on JC in the half court and again IMO win by 8-10.

As I predicted it will be an all UC championship. Union County beat Johnson County by 12 or so. Unicoi had a tough one winning by one over Happy Valley. The championship game looks to be a tossup. With Carters upset win over AE the winner has a good shot at going to the SHOW! Hosting at home makes a huge difference.

As I predicted it will be an all UC championship. Union County beat Johnson County by 12 or so. Unicoi had a tough one winning by one over Happy Valley. The championship game looks to be a tossup. With Carters upset win over AE the winner has a good shot at going to the SHOW! Hosting at home makes a huge difference.

I went up and watched Union and Johnson County and was not all that impressed with Johnson County did they have a bad game or was Union Co. that much better , they pretty much controlled the Longhorns.

I went up and watched Union and Johnson County and was not all that impressed with Johnson County did they have a bad game or was Union Co. that much better , they pretty much controlled the Longhorns.

Well like we tried to tell people on here there not that good away from their gym without their referees. Not taking anything away from them cause they do play solid hard nosed fundamental ball but we all knew that grainger and union were just better teams. Grainger however was not better Saturday night. Is the Union-Unicoi game at chuckey doak Thursday night?

Well like we tried to tell people on here there not that good away from their gym without their referees. Not taking anything away from them cause they do play solid hard nosed fundamental ball but we all knew that grainger and union were just better teams. Grainger however was not better Saturday night. Is the Union-Unicoi game at chuckey doak Thursday night?

Yes they play at Chuckey Doak Thursday night at 7

So what are you all predictions on Thursday nights game? I only got to watch the 2nd have of the Unicoi-Happy Valley game but from what I could see I think Union Co has the speed and shooting ability to win this game. It seems like Unicoi is just big while Union Co can shoot over them. I mean hey i've been wrong before. Once again though Unicoi always plays a good game and they always go deep into regions so they know how to handle these types of games. I think Union Co has the end but this game could easily go either way. Home court will be bing in this game. The winner will prob get Carter at home while the loser has to make a trip off Broadway to Fulton. I think the big differences will be if Union can shoot the 3 and play well under the pressure of this game or if Unicoi can play "man ball" on Union's Soph big men.

Btw does anybody know the time of the game?