REGION TOURNAMENT AT JOHNSON COUNTY

agitator53

union should have a chance vs. unicoi, but the blue devils have been in this situation many times. union should be glad they got jc on a bad night, it was probably one of the worst games they played all year! just sad it ended like this again. union had a good defense though, but if jc had brought their A game and would have been at 100 % the outcome would have been much different. for all the grainger fans that made a big deal about their kids being sick, jc had a starter out with an injury, their 6th man taking iv fluids before the game and still not playing. but tonight union wanted it more and it showed! best chance for a region 1 team to go to the state in many years

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

union should have a chance vs. unicoi, but the blue devils have been in this situation many times. union should be glad they got jc on a bad night, it was probably one of the worst games they played all year! just sad it ended like this again. union had a good defense though, but if jc had brought their A game and would have been at 100 % the outcome would have been much different. for all the grainger fans that made a big deal about their kids being sick, jc had a starter out with an injury, their 6th man taking iv fluids before the game and still not playing. but tonight union wanted it more and it showed! best chance for a region 1 team to go to the state in many years

Injuries and illness happens. It is part of the game. Johnson won the game with Grainger fair and square. Grainger did have 4 kids with the flu. Humphrey tried to play and lasted only a couple of minutes and couldn't go any longer (he averages 13 ppg). Farmer played more but was not himself, he didn't have his legs (he averages 12ppg). Glasscock is the starting PG he played some but not like usual. Brabson the 6th man threw up several times in the lockeroom. Not excuses just facts. That is at least 25 ppg from Humphrey and Farmer and they only produced 3. People were playing out of their normal positions and they even moved McBee inside where he could get some touches. I understand that Johnson had a injury as well which could have balanced some of it out. In my opinion Grainger wins if both teams are healthy, but that doesn't matter because both teams had to play with what was available and Johnson County did a better job of that. That is the bottom line.

I think he will be in trouble at college level unless he gets his nerves under control. If he gets so nervous that he misses the front of the goal on a free throw at this level /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> well all i know is that college games might be a little bit louder. I think saturday nights game was very competitive you could tell both teams wanted it bad. As long as we stay focused against Union I think we have a very good chance, we play great team ball.

He couldn't be in too much trouble at the college level by air-balling a free-throw cause if I remember correctly Scotty Hopson has air-balled free-throws twice this year. Yeah thats right not once but twice, and he's still playing. I just wish the best to Skylar right now, cause as many of us Grainger fans know he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. For those out there that disagree with him being D-1 talent, well maybe you haven't really watched him play ball, and for someone not talented enough to attend D-1 colleges, its funny how there was 2-3 at school watching him the other day. I wish the best to all the Grainger seniors in the years to come as they figure out their places in this world.

So whoever wins this game and the one Sat is automatically into state is that correct?

the winner of unicoi and union will play at home against region 2 loser on monday and the loser will play on the road at region 2 winner on monday. If you win on monday then you go to the state tournament. doesn't matter if you win the region championship on thursday.

the two teams that are left in region 2 is carter and fulton. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />