Riverdale vs. Blackman more fire or smoke?

oldhoopsdad

You're good. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I don't think that the Lady Blaze need any more bulletin board fodder anyhow after the last shelacking. Go Lady Blaze! I'm too nervous to predict an outcome. They are going up against a team that is really clicking now. My heart says Blackman by 2 in OT, but at least we made it back to our own house during regionals.

Just goes to show it is not my heart that counts, but the heart of the girls playing the game. So proud of you tonight.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman wins by 12. Fantastic gameplan by Coach Chad! The girls executed extremely well.

Tremendous effort by Blackman. Hibdon adjusted well. The only negative that I saw occured after the game. Outside there were these Riverdale players visibly upset, and this lady (adult) with flaming red hair, goes up to them and yells at them. Then this short little fellow (adult) who kind of looks like a dark haired Barney Rubble follows suit. I don't know if they were Riverdale parents, or Blackman parents. So much for acting like an adult. Any way, Blackman should be congratulated. Good luck Blaze against Cookeville.

Tremendous effort by Blackman. Hibdon adjusted well. The only negative that I saw occured after the game. Outside there were these Riverdale players visibly upset, and this lady (adult) with flaming red hair, goes up to them and yells at them. Then this short little fellow (adult) who kind of looks like a dark haired Barney Rubble follows suit. I don't know if they were Riverdale parents, or Blackman parents. So much for acting like an adult. Any way, Blackman should be congratulated. Good luck Blaze against Cookeville.

Unfortunate incident. According to an observer that I dined with after the game, the lady was yelling at him as he came out the gym door. Unfortunate that the group of players were generallly positioned between these people. Knowing the character of two of the three, there was no slight intended. They have both had girls leaving similar situations after sporting events (one week ago) and sympathetic to the feelings of the players. Apologies for the perception of what happened.

Unfortunate incident. According to an observer that I dined with after the game, the lady was yelling at him as he came out the gym door. Unfortunate that the group of players were generallly positioned between these people. Knowing the character of two of the three, there was no slight intended. They have both had girls leaving similar situations after sporting events (one week ago) and sympathetic to the feelings of the players. Apologies for the perception of what happened.

Blackman Coach shook hands after he got beat by 40, Riverdale Coach did a u-turn and did not shake hands after the game. Classless move at any level!

Blackman Coach shook hands after he got beat by 40, Riverdale Coach did a u-turn and did not shake hands after the game. Classless move at any level!

No Way!! She didn't shake hands? I don't care what the issues are, if you are big enough to shake hands after you run it up by 40, you should be big enough to shake after getting beat!

Couldn't agree with you more. Not the example you want the players to see. Congratulations Blackman and Coach Hibdon. You've earned a lot of respect from non-Blackman supporters. That's how it's supposed to be done!

I am a RHS supporter, didn't see the lack of handshake after the game, but if it occured I would agree it is not the way to conduct your business.

she was consoling a player and she did not see the blackman coach...I think it was an honest miss in that situation...the other coaches shook his hand so i dont think it was as much of a slight as it is being made out to be

lol........RM to the rescue again! It was very obvious she avoided the coach and the hand shake!! Whatever!

Didn't shake hands because she was consoling a heart broken 16-18 year old kid? Run her out of town tarred and feathered. Better yet suspend her indefinitely. I was more offended by ..... JOKING YA'LL.

As if this rivalry needed any more heat. Emotions run high as exhibited. As any of you know that have toted young athletes home from dissapointing contests, sometimes it doesn't matter what you say even as simple as "Are you hungry?" brings about a monologue on the evil "fill-in-the-blank". As parents/fans we see the dissapointment of those young adults that we love most of the time, and see through those eyes perceived slights against our spawn. We then begin to look for those during the good times as even-ing the score for those past perceived slights. In reality most of what we see is jaded. Most folks are good hearted people whose actions are misinterpreted by situation or wrong spot wrong time. There were two good games by four very good teams last night at Blackman. All represented their schools very well. And as to that trip back to the house, yes it will sting for a period of time, but this too will pass and eventually they will agree to a hamburger. At this age, ice cream doesn't fix everything anymore.

lol........RM to the rescue again! It was very obvious she avoided the coach and the hand shake!! Whatever!

I was sitting right behind the bench I saw coach consoling a player there was a line of girls shaking hands in between the coaches as she was consoling so she did not see him but if you want it to be avoided then have at it the bottom line is your still playing and we are not so enjoy the win and good luck in sub state

I was sitting right behind the bench I saw coach consoling a player there was a line of girls shaking hands in between the coaches as she was consoling so she did not see him but if you want it to be avoided then have at it the bottom line is your still playing and we are not so enjoy the win and good luck in sub state

Obviously I don't speak for all of us, but thank you.