Hampton Bulldogs

bulldog787

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way they played against hancock UH will give them a tough time

Hancock is better than people think they are. With the right coaching and if they decide to actually show up, they could easily beat anybody in District 1. Last week while watching the District 2 consolation game, even though Hancock got beat, I was thinking the whole time that I would much rather be playing Washburn because it seemed like if Hancock ever decided to turn it on, they would be tough...

Unless they button up in the post, I can honestly see them getting put out by UH.

People talk about how good UH is in the post, but I have a little different perspective on it. When Hampton won in Brooks Gym, Andrews and Hill were both hurt and neither one of them played a single minute in that game. In the loss to the Bucs at Hampton, it was the first game without Hill on the team. But the post game of the Bucs was never really the problem. Greenlee hit about 5 3's and put up 25 on the Dawgs. I mean, you can still win with Denton getting 25, but you can't win with Greenlee getting 25. My theory would be to let Denton get his 15-20, but stay in the man D so as not to let Greenlee or Phillips shoot you to death from behind the arc. If the Dawgs can hold Greenlee and Phillips both to under 8 points, they win easily...

Hancock is better than people think they are. With the right coaching and if they decide to actually show up, they could easily beat anybody in District 1. Last week while watching the District 2 consolation game, even though Hancock got beat, I was thinking the whole time that I would much rather be playing Washburn because it seemed like if Hancock ever decided to turn it on, they would be tough...

People talk about how good UH is in the post, but I have a little different perspective on it. When Hampton won in Brooks Gym, Andrews and Hill were both hurt and neither one of them played a single minute in that game. In the loss to the Bucs at Hampton, it was the first game without Hill on the team. But the post game of the Bucs was never really the problem. Greenlee hit about 5 3's and put up 25 on the Dawgs. I mean, you can still win with Denton getting 25, but you can't win with Greenlee getting 25. My theory would be to let Denton get his 15-20, but stay in the man D so as not to let Greenlee or Phillips shoot you to death from behind the arc. If the Dawgs can hold Greenlee and Phillips both to under 8 points, they win easily...

Great point Vador. Denton is a great player and a good player is going to get his points. The thing that teams need to watch out for is the players that can come up and surprise you. If the dawgs want to win this game, then d-fense needs to be on their mind and not to mention boxing out. UH crashes the boards hard and every one of the dawgs need to find a man and have him boxed out clear to the parking lot. This game might be the best game to watch of the season because both teams will be gunning for each other.

"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, REBOUNDS win championships" Pat Summit

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this will be a very interesting regional tournament. In my honest opinion I think that each game will be very exciting.

Our Region and District is basically all about matchups. I think Cloudland will have a tough matchup if Jellico is able to shoot the ball like they did against Unaka. For one reason I think this game will be a tough match for the Highlanders is what alot of people dont realize is Jellico was playing without a few starters that from what I heard got suspended for quite a few games.

And you gotta think when is the last time Jellico has been 1 game away from playing for a substate birth. They have very good shooters they are athletic and they play tough offensively. On the other hand when Cloudland shoots the ball well and controls the tempo of the game they are very hard to play with.

Hampton and University High will be a very good match as well. I think the difference in this game is going to be both teams post game. Keeping Denton off of the boards and containing the Greenlee kid will be a big key for Hampton.

I think Logan Andrews will be a big key in this game. He played one of the best games I have seen him play all year in the district championship game. And I think if he plays like he is capable of playing than Hampton will be in good shape. Because everyone in the gym knows that Hughes and Ward are going to score thats no secret. But I also think that Lipford has did a good job of controlling the game and running the offense he dont force shots he gets the offense set up and the most important thing is he takes care of the basketball down the stretch.

Best of luck to University High,Hampton and Cloudland and a safe trip to Jellico on there way down.

Coach RC

Great point Vador. Denton is a great player and a good player is going to get his points. The thing that teams need to watch out for is the players that can come up and surprise you. If the dawgs want to win this game, then d-fense needs to be on their mind and not to mention boxing out. UH crashes the boards hard and every one of the dawgs need to find a man and have him boxed out clear to the parking lot. This game might be the best game to watch of the season because both teams will be gunning for each other.

"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, REBOUNDS win championships" Pat Summit

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true. i think the dogs can win if they just play ball. a good defense and hit there free throws they can win this game

I'm not talking about how good UH is in the post. I'm talking about how bad Hampton is there.

please let us know how bad Hampton is in the post. Because for the last few games Hampton has done great in the post. You must be watching different games than I am.

Go DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this will be a very interesting regional tournament. In my honest opinion I think that each game will be very exciting.

Our Region and District is basically all about matchups. I think Cloudland will have a tough matchup if Jellico is able to shoot the ball like they did against Unaka. For one reason I think this game will be a tough match for the Highlanders is what alot of people dont realize is Jellico was playing without a few starters that from what I heard got suspended for quite a few games.

And you gotta think when is the last time Jellico has been 1 game away from playing for a substate birth. They have very good shooters they are athletic and they play tough offensively. On the other hand when Cloudland shoots the ball well and controls the tempo of the game they are very hard to play with.

No I completely disagree with you Russ. I was there. The only reason Jellico shot as high a percentage as they did is becase Unaka played horrible defense. They weren't getting back, they were leaving back doors open, they allowed too many offensive boards... I mean once they got up in their face on the perimeter, barely even attempted any three's, let alone make any....

Jellico is not a good team. If Cloudland comes to play like they are capable of, they should win by 25-30. Maybe even more. Jellico can't defend an inside move. Thats how Unaka got back in the game. They gave it to Devon and Doobie and Peterson and let them work it on the inside. Jellico only has two players worth mentioning; 22 and I forgot the number of the other one. Maybe 13.

Jellico can't handle the ball either. Hey Cloudland, PRESS this team!!! They turn the ball over very easily when put in full court pressure. Do that, and keep a hand in 22's face at ALL times, and Cloudland cruises to a victory.

please let us know how bad Hampton is in the post. Because for the last few games Hampton has done great in the post. You must be watching different games than I am.

Go DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they played Unaka and got Bowers in foul trouble, and everyone knows Cloudland has no post game to even speak of. And they got manhandled down low against Hancock.

If Cloudland can D up Jellico will give them the ball there guards make terrible decsions they just get made up for through hustle and offensive rebounding if they dont let 22 have open looks and keep them off the glass they win and by the way there PG when he goes to the rim he will not stop he will run someone over you can take him out from charges

I think Hampton wins against UH and its not becuase Hampton is great in the post please dont say you are but they will get physical and UH dosent like that denton and evans will both start pushing and going out of control and if Hampton gets them in foul trouble UH guards wont be able to stop Hamptons

good luck to all the carter county schools

I'm not talking about how good UH is in the post. I'm talking about how bad Hampton is there.

Well, in the 3 tournament games Hampton has played, Andrews is averaging 13.4 points per game. I will gladly take that and let people call it bad post play. But the post play will not be the key to the game. Denton is gonna get his no matter what is done. Stopping Greenlee and Phillips from getting hot will be the key...