Hampton Bulldogs

bulldog787

When Cloudland decided (and it was THEIR choice) not to go by the TSSAA rules they lost their choice of where to play their Home Sub-State. Cloudland WILL play on the road, regardless of the outcome of the game. Poor decision making on someones part, and as usual, the kids pay the price for the next four years.

I knew that was the case. I hate it for Cloudland's team and fans though. It's not much of a reward to win the region and still make a 3 hour bus ride.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Cloudland decided (and it was THEIR choice) not to go by the TSSAA rules they lost their choice of where to play their Home Sub-State. Cloudland WILL play on the road, regardless of the outcome of the game. Poor decision making on someones part, and as usual, the kids pay the price for the next four years.

It's not "not going by the rules" if the TSSAA doesn't tell you that you can't play on your home floor. TSSAA never said a word to the Landers until AFTER the game was played and that's crap. I remember your Rangers playing Sunbright at Happy Valley when Dugger was still there. But a couple of years later in '04 and '05, Unaka played Cosby and Rockwood in sub-state at Snavely. With all the extra seats that Cloudland had out last year, there is no way that Snavely could hold more than Cloudland did last year...

It's not "not going by the rules" if the TSSAA doesn't tell you that you can't play on your home floor. TSSAA never said a word to the Landers until AFTER the game was played and that's crap. I remember your Rangers playing Sunbright at Happy Valley when Dugger was still there. But a couple of years later in '04 and '05, Unaka played Cosby and Rockwood in sub-state at Snavely. With all the extra seats that Cloudland had out last year, there is no way that Snavely could hold more than Cloudland did last year...

I believe what happened is that tempoary seating doesn't count in the school's seating capacity. It has to be permanent seating (or that's my understanding). Even with the extra seats that were brought in last year I think Cloudland's gym only had seating for 700-800 people and I believe TSSAA rules say it must be 950 or 1,000 (not totally sure which).

When Unaka added the seats on the baseline, that gave them the required number of seats and they were permanent seats.

Rules are rules, not Cloudland's fault there gym is too small for TSSAA to make their money. Cloudland will play somewhere else win or lose. It is sad that if they win they travel that distance. They should be able to play in a neutral gym, but that is how the ball bounces, not whining or crying, just stateing opinion.

I believe what happened is that tempoary seating doesn't count in the school's seating capacity. It has to be permanent seating (or that's my understanding). Even with the extra seats that were brought in last year I think Cloudland's gym only had seating for 700-800 people and I believe TSSAA rules say it must be 950 or 1,000 (not totally sure which).

When Unaka added the seats on the baseline, that gave them the required number of seats and they were permanent seats.

That kinda only makes it worse. So Cloudland puts bleachers on the stage, but they don't count as REAL seats? The TSSAA is a joke...

That kinda only makes it worse. So Cloudland puts bleachers on the stage, but they don't count as REAL seats? The TSSAA is a joke...

I don't know that for sure, that is just what I had heard. I actually put in a call to TSSAA this morning to check on what are the scenarios, but I haven't got a call back yet.

You are an idiot. Bring it we will be waiting

Your a little poon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Oh, and you bet we'll bring it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />