Eagleville vs white house heritage

whitehousefan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen Eagleville play but.....they have played Community 3 time this yr (looking at Schedules here on CoachT) and each regular season game. Eagleville was dominate. They won the first two game by 19 points and the district tourney by 21 pts. So they obviously have some talent. Eagleville lost to Cascade twice though, and Cascade just barely beat Houston County and Heritage beat Houston Co earlier this yr..... Maybe Eagleville has some kind of mental hold over Community.....ha.idunno. I say any one can be defeated in a big tournament game/who wants it more... Play hard Patriots.

Eagleville made the state tournament last year and lost to Moore Co. in a close one after a unbelievable comeback. They have two starters back from that team plus a very quick guard who got a lot of playing time last year. They are a good team but not as good as last year. They do not have as much depth. They have a good inside game all though they are not that big. There best post player is about 6'1" (Jo Jo Wilson) and has very good hands and is able to score against much taller defenders. The other post player is about 6'6" Barrett Bingham a good rebounder and a good passer for a big man. We play a lot of high low post. Basically we play with three guards who all are very quick and like to push the ball up court. Two of them are very athletic. When we can hit the three that really opens up the inside game. Our leading scorer usually is either Jarett Wilson or Jo Jo Wilson. If we can keep the turnovers down, shoot the three well, get the ball to Jo Jo and stay out of foul trouble we can play with a lot of very good teams. I'm looking forward to seeing us play WH Heritage, it should be a great game. If we stay focused which can be a problem for us at times we should win by 10 or more, but you never know. Whats the info on WH Heritage.

I've not seen Eagleville play but.....they have played Community 3 time this yr (looking at Schedules here on CoachT) and each regular season game. Eagleville was dominate. They won the first two game by 19 points and the district tourney by 21 pts. So they obviously have some talent. Eagleville lost to Cascade twice though, and Cascade just barely beat Houston County and Heritage beat Houston Co earlier this yr..... Maybe Eagleville has some kind of mental hold over Community.....ha.idunno. I say any one can be defeated in a big tournament game/who wants it more... Play hard Patriots.

Slummer, are you going tonight?

Eagleville is THE real deal.....for a class single A team they are one of the most versatile teams I have seen. Outside and inside they can play ball.

But on the other hand I think Clarksville Acd. has about the same talent but maybe not quite as beefy as Eagleville.

I think the matchup for the region 5 A championship between Eaglelville and Clarksville Academy will be one heck of a game.

Im going with Clarksville Academy by 4....I think both will have a chance to advance to the boro. Even with a loss tonight.

Wasn't much of a game. Eagleville pretty much dominated even though we did not play well. We missed at least 5 or 6 layups in the first half. It should be a good game with CA, we might struggle with their size but I believe they will struggle with our quickness. We have played very good defense in the tournaments and have stayed out of foul trouble. I sure that is why we have played so much zone this year, not as much depth as last year. If we can keep CA brothers off the offensive glass I believe we can give them a good game. Their outside shooters are pretty much spot shooters thus I think we can handle them just as Cascade did. Cascade just could not keep the CA big guys off the glass. The CA/Cascade game was an exciting game. Good Luck Eagles Thursday nite.

Not trying to overlook the region championship, as I think its going to be a good one, but what do you guys think of the Sectionals matchups? CA and Eagleville will either be playing Collinwood or Summertown. Both teams have very impressive records, including Summertown having scored 100+ atleast 5 times this year. Even scoring 127 in one game. However, looking at the schedules both Collinwood and Summertown have losses to Forrest? Seems pretty strange to me. So maybe the strength of schedule they have played is down? Either way there are going to be some great basketball played in this next week. Im looking forward to the Region Championship.

Not trying to overlook the region championship, as I think its going to be a good one, but what do you guys think of the Sectionals matchups? CA and Eagleville will either be playing Collinwood or Summertown. Both teams have very impressive records, including Summertown having scored 100+ atleast 5 times this year. Even scoring 127 in one game. However, looking at the schedules both Collinwood and Summertown have losses to Forrest? Seems pretty strange to me. So maybe the strength of schedule they have played is down? Either way there are going to be some great basketball played in this next week. Im looking forward to the Region Championship.

Never seen Collinwood or Summertown play but Forrest lost to Eagleville three times in double digits but that means very little. But Eagleville does return 2 starters and the 6th man from last years team that made it to the state tournament. I believe they could hang with either Summertown or Collinwood. I have to admit I was greatly surprised that Summertown upset Culleoka. They must have played very well. As I have stated many times Eagleville starters are pretty good and play well together but depth could be a problem if key players get into foul problems. CA like Eagleville does not have a lot of depth and depend pretty much on the twins to do most of the scoring. There other players are spot up shooters and can not create scoring opportunities. The twins against Cascade scored most of their points on offensive rebounds, a least in the second half the half that I saw.GO EAGLES