Livingston Academy vs Dekalb Co.

TNTWO

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Oak Ridge (nationally ranked)....And Wilson Central. On the girls side, all 3 defending champs are GONE!

It's March Madness --- Baby!! (Imagine Dicky V saying it.) He makes it sound better. I know. I know. Haven't had my coffee yet. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

LA won big. Here is my problem with the game, Dekalb student section chanting "HOGEYE HOGEYE S*** MY MEAT". Are you freakin kidding me? Your team is down by THIRTY POINTS are you are saying crap like that. Not only dissrespectful, but really upset some people. Including me. I guess that was the only way Dekalb was going to be remembered after that game, because it certainly won't be rememebered by what they looked like on the basketball floor. I don't know about everyone else, but Its hard to respect a team who puts up with their student section saying things like that.

LA won big. Here is my problem with the game, Dekalb student section chanting "HOGEYE HOGEYE S*** MY MEAT". Are you freakin kidding me? Your team is down by THIRTY POINTS are you are saying crap like that. Not only dissrespectful, but really upset some people. Including me. I guess that was the only way Dekalb was going to be remembered after that game, because it certainly won't be rememebered by what they looked like on the basketball floor. I don't know about everyone else, but Its hard to respect a team who puts up with their student section saying things like that.

Agree. How trashy. Why didn't the Dekalb coach say anything? They were sitting right behind him.

Anyone else notice the LA coach point to his student section right after Dekalb started that sick chant? It looked like he was telling them to act right. The amazing part was that the student section respected him enough to show class like he asked. Another fine example of the fact that this program is about more than just winning. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It will be hard for any program to earn respect when things like that filthy chant are allowed to go on.

Let's just pretend that "kids will be kids". Most adults will agree that teenagers aren't the quickest thinkers and intelligent ideas don't spill out of their brains. So with that being said, after the chant is heard the first time, why weren't the DeKalb adults telling the kids to shut up? The kids might have let it "slip" one time, but over and over? And the adults just sit there like it's OK? The coaches never looked over their shoulders. The "good" people of DeKalb surely are embarrassed. Shame on the kids for acting so vulgar. Shame on adults and administrators for not trying to stop the chant. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It will be hard for any program to earn respect when things like that filthy chant are allowed to go on.

Let's just pretend that "kids will be kids". Most adults will agree that teenagers aren't the quickest thinkers and intelligent ideas don't spill out of their brains. So with that being said, after the chant is heard the first time, why weren't the DeKalb adults telling the kids to shut up? The kids might have let it "slip" one time, but over and over? And the adults just sit there like it's OK? The coaches never looked over their shoulders. The "good" people of DeKalb surely are embarrassed. Shame on the kids for acting so vulgar. Shame on adults and administrators for not trying to stop the chant. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I could not agree more!!

I wish my Grandma was still around....They would have eat soap! YUCK!

At least that what some of the the other grandkids said! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

She'd tan your hide, and then you'd eat soap. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I am a huge Dekalb Co. fan and would hate that a bunch of kids would damper the season dekalb was able to put forth this season. Preseason 6th place prediction to 19-12 is not bad. 6 losses to upperman and livingston. Livingston has an unbelievable team, coach and fans and i would hate that everyone would think so less of our program because of a bunch of idiot kids. I know for a fact that coach martin sent his asst. shockley to tell the kids that that was enough and that wasnt the type of class to show. They kept on so he sent a manager to one of the administrators from dekalb to no avail the stupid chants continued. I am just telling you what i saw and heard. Coach martin is all about class and repects the La program very much and wished he could take our program to where you guys are. So i apologize on behalf of all Dekalb co. fans and dont let this ignorance tarnish our whole program because our coach and players bust their tails. Best of luck to 7-AA. Upperman and LA what a final to tuff to call. I know dekalb wished they could have played alot better but give LA all the credit.

I am a huge Dekalb Co. fan and would hate that a bunch of kids would damper the season dekalb was able to put forth this season. Preseason 6th place prediction to 19-12 is not bad. 6 losses to upperman and livingston. Livingston has an unbelievable team, coach and fans and i would hate that everyone would think so less of our program because of a bunch of idiot kids. I know for a fact that coach martin sent his asst. shockley to tell the kids that that was enough and that wasnt the type of class to show. They kept on so he sent a manager to one of the administrators from dekalb to no avail the stupid chants continued. I am just telling you what i saw and heard. Coach martin is all about class and repects the La program very much and wished he could take our program to where you guys are. So i apologize on behalf of all Dekalb co. fans and dont let this ignorance tarnish our whole program because our coach and players bust their tails. Best of luck to 7-AA. Upperman and LA what a final to tuff to call. I know dekalb wished they could have played alot better but give LA all the credit.

Classy post. Good to know that they tried to do something about it. Congrats on a great season.