PICKETT CO. SENDS JACKSON COUNTY HOME!

TopDawg83

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny know one talks about the girl from KY that Pickett Co. got this year or that Molly Heady moved to Clarkrange this year. These girls and Families move to better their chances of playing for a better team and getting a scholarship for college. The sooner everyone gets over the fact that players and their families don't get recruited the better off we will be. Congrats to Pickett Co. on a well deserved win. And as for Clarkrange, I hope that the team goes as far as possible but some of their fans that were having their own celebration because JC got put out, You are very CLASSLESS!

Would Jc fans celebrate if c'range got puy out?

I'm not bringing up the transfer thing I'm just wondering if all of their fans are disrespectful like the ones tonight for calling a high school girls basketball team cheaters

Lack of Class? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Probably the same guy who was cracking on a Freindship freshman player, and I still say it was classless. This comes fom a non PM!

It seemed that there might have been some blame game by the players and support, I know one of JC girls supporter got on here and called out the team, minus his player. That will cause a little trouble. Only a couple of girls on JC's team looked like they took it hard. Everyone else just shrugged it off a went on about there business.

They will be back next year with all the returning talent. Good win for Pickett Co.

There were people that were critisizing Leonard for her play. The truth is she carried the

team early. Then the other teams tightened down on her. Just like Lamar did and they

knew to stop JC just stop Leonard. I said and I don't regret it that she does not have to

prove anything she already has. I also said that you have others open when you have

two and three guarding one. I am sorry if you do not understand this. When players

can't hit the side of the barn, they can stay over and practice another hour or two.

The great ones do that. Jim is a great coach. I am not convinced he handled this group[

of underacheivers the best way. The other starters did not step up. Everyone caught up

with them as the season went on. I was simply saying don't critize someone for others

failings. I am sorry you don't agree. I give PC credit for their improvement and the

win. I had a post on here last oct. or nov. that I thought PC and Clay would surprise

people and they have. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Funny know one talks about the girl from KY that Pickett Co. got this year or that Molly Heady moved to Clarkrange this year. These girls and Families move to better their chances of playing for a better team and getting a scholarship for college. The sooner everyone gets over the fact that players and their families don't get recruited the better off we will be. Congrats to Pickett Co. on a well deserved win. And as for Clarkrange, I hope that the team goes as far as possible but some of their fans that were having their own celebration because JC got put out, You are very CLASSLESS!

Who does Pickett County have from Kentucky? You must have been misinformed. I would be interesting in knowing who you are talking about though. You are correct, recruiting has been around since the beginnig of basketball. I may not totally agree with it but that's just part of it I guess.

There were people that were critisizing Leonard for her play. The truth is she carried the

team early. Then the other teams tightened down on her. Just like Lamar did and they

knew to stop JC just stop Leonard. I said and I don't regret it that she does not have to

prove anything she already has. I also said that you have others open when you have

two and three guarding one. I am sorry if you do not understand this. When players

can't hit the side of the barn, they can stay over and practice another hour or two.

The great ones do that. Jim is a great coach. I am not convinced he handled this group[

of underacheivers the best way. The other starters did not step up. Everyone caught up

with them as the season went on. I was simply saying don't critize someone for others

failings. I am sorry you don't agree. I give PC credit for their improvement and the

win. I had a post on here last oct. or nov. that I thought PC and Clay would surprise

people and they have. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am not saying that what you said doesn't have merit, what I am saying is it probably does more harm than good for it to be coming from someone very close to LL. If you had been talking about one of mine, it definitely would have ruffled my feathers. As proud as JC players and parents are, I would bet there were some ruffled.

What do you mean she has nothing to prove!? Everytime a player steps on the floor, they should have something to prove! Great players are players who make medicore players around them look good. She should have been focused on helping the players around her get better, hence making her look better. I agree its not all her fault, but you could tell that she wasn't emotionally attached towards the end of the year.

I think Sam Gibson coached 3 of the 4 championships that PC won in the late 70's. He was a good coach as well.

Haven't seen the lady Bobcats play this year but Sam had a daughter that played on that team last year. I believe her name was Kayla. Does she still play for PC or did she go to Albany and play.

Also congrats to coach Smith. I have said all along that Brent is a real good coach and last night he proved he belonged among the best.

I think Sam coached the last two of the four in a row and Charles coached the first two, or maybe vice versa. But its 2-2 i know that. Sam was coaching in Albany last year, but he decided to step down to be able to watch Kayla more. She still plays for PC and is only a junior, so she'll be back next season with Garner and Garrett as well.

What girl from KY are you talking about? Kayla Gibson played in Clinton Co. in elementary school because her dad was director of schools, when he left that job, her and James both came back over here. They have always lived in PC and only went over there because their mom and dad where in the school system over there. But I'm guessing you are talking about Tara Garner, she was in PC school system until her freshman year when she went to Clinton Co. for a year, for whatever reason, she didn't like it, and came back, because (I believe) their was a coaching change. These girls are from PC and came back to PC. They weren't like Laken and Molly who grew up in other school systems and transferred to other schools. I can't blame them for doing what they did, I think I would do it to better my chances as well. PC has got some girls, two freshman and Megan White, who are from Overton Co, but these girls weren't gonna see the court down there, so they transferred up here, and I don't blame them a bit for it. I've always been a fan of Jim Brown's, but this year, his one superstar (Laken) couldn't outshine PC's three stars. Like I've always said, two great players> 1 superstar. So Garner/Gibson/Garret>Laken and a supporting cast.

I'm not suprised that they won. It must have been an awesome game to see. Especially the ending. PC does a great job and have been building all season. JC just came up a little short but they will always be tough. Both teams are well coached. JC keep your head up you may have a run left for next year!