Marshall County 96 vs CPA 77

Tiger_4_life

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall Co. dominated every aspect of the ball game! CPA had no answers for the mighty TIGERS of Lewisburg. Marshall out rebounded CPA, 30 something to 17. Everything that Marshall did was clicking. CPA came out in man and Marshall quickly hit three 3's to start the game. Maddux went to a zone which blows me away. Why would you zone a team that can shoot the 3 ball as-well as Marshall can? He quickly learned the hard way with a barrage of 3's from Marshall to get out of it. Early in the 3rd CPA went to fouling Marshall everytime they touched the ball to put them on the F.T. line. I guess he realized that their D wasnt good enough to stop them from scoring so why not foul them and hope they miss F.T's. It slowed Marshall down a bit but not too much. At one point Marshall hit 15 strait to put the game way out of reach. Congrats to Coach Tigert and the coaching staff for a great game plan!

I don't see how he could have complained about the refs. I don't think he minded the fouls on Marshall Co. in the 4th quarter as he seemed to want aggressive defense.

The key was Marshall Co. holding Hunter Miller in check all night. The Marshall Co. shooters came in underrated and outperformed him. CPA came out completely unprepared. It seemed that they might have been overlooking the Tigers. But still, the better team tonight came out on top. Marshall Co. was able to knock down shots and fend off the CPA run when they cut it to 10.

Great win by the Tigers. I guess we won't be seeing CPA get another shot at Dyer Co.

No one said he complained about the refs. If GB had any idea what Coach has done in the lives of the young men on the CPA team he'd keep his lame comment to himself. Sounds like MC had a magical night. Sorry to see CPA bow out. Hoped they'd get another shot at the state this year. Best of luck to MC and DL from Region 5.