Marshall Co. - David Lipscomb

Tiger_4_life

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible collapse by MC which led by 20 at end of 3rd. K.Johnson fouled out early in 4th. Lipscomb hit a three to send it to ot, and MC hit shot to send it to double ot. Great game by these young men. good luck to them both. Go Tigers!!

Would love more details about the game?? DL and MC had such a great football rivalry, I'm sure it has carried over to bball. Three of DL's starters had their sites set on that football state champ ring. I'd love to see one of these teams make it all the way. Details???

Marshall Co. had chances to ice the game at the line, but missed a few free throws. Johnson fouled out on what I would consider a horrible call. I really thought that the refs let DL get away with a whole lot in the comeback, but MC had chances to win still. But the refs didn't cost MC the game. What a clutch shot by Lipscomb banking in a 3 to send it to OT. Then another clutch shot by MC to send it to another OT. What a great game from the 4th quarter on. Marshall Co. let this one slip away.

Marshall Co. had chances to ice the game at the line, but missed a few free throws. Johnson fouled out on what I would consider a horrible call. I really thought that the refs let DL get away with a whole lot in the comeback, but MC had chances to win still. But the refs didn't cost MC the game. What a clutch shot by Lipscomb banking in a 3 to send it to OT. Then another clutch shot by MC to send it to another OT. What a great game from the 4th quarter on. Marshall Co. let this one slip away.

Thanks for the details. I heard an audio-version on a phone call from someone who attended, and I heard it was a great game. One of those games where no one should have lost. Looks like the fans were the winners - huh? Again... good luck to both teams. Hope you meet again at the Boro!!!

What a game. Marshall County just couldn't beat Lipscomb's pressure once Johnson fouled out. McCullogh had a heck of a game but the shooters for mc just couldn't connect at the end. Props to Lipscomp for a great comeback and for playing this one to the end rather than fouling in the third like cpa. Lipscomb took the game from mc, but it may have been a different story if Johnson hadnt fouled out. Congrats DL pick your heads up MC its not over yet!

Probably one of the top five games I've ever seen. Both teams left everything they had on the floor in double OT. Congrats to Lipscomb on what has to be one of the greatest comebacks ever. Down 20 in the 3d! Caleb Simpson took over the game after Marshall County fouled out one of their best players with over 6 minutes left. Costly!!!! Credit to all the Lipscomb players though. You just refused to lose.

Sorry Marshall County, I don't know your guys but they played great and are a bunch of class guys. A very good team and coaching effort. Not many teams put "5" three point threats on the floor. Your sophomore shooting guard is amazing. A tough break fouling our your point guard and biggest player. He's a great player. Credit to #23 who put the team on his back and almost won the game. I wouldn't count you guys out. I think you could make it to the BORO.

Both schools, thanks for the great entertainment.

The refs might have let alot go but thats tournament ball you gotta fight through it, and that 5th foul on johnson was the right call.. i was right there and saw him hit his arm

The refs might have let alot go but thats tournament ball you gotta fight through it, and that 5th foul on johnson was the right call.. i was right there and saw him it his arm

I have watched several district and region games this year (boys and girls) in different divisions. The reffing was just HORRIBLE when the local team was in the game. I'm glad that MC and DL had Spring Hill refs. It HAD to be more unbiased than some of the craziness I have seen this year. I watched a 1A game last night that was laughable. It sounds like both these teams could make it to the Boro. Let's hope TSSAA pulls out the ref A team!

The refs might have let alot go but thats tournament ball you gotta fight through it, and that 5th foul on johnson was the right call.. i was right there and saw him it his arm

Saying the refs let a lot go would be somewhat of an understatement. And no, you shouldn't have to fight through it just because it's tournament time. Two white refs might do a good job in Junior Pro..that would be more their speed. They're not ready for the big time yet. Please put them in moth balls for the rest of this season.

Now, with he whining out of the way,give Lipscomb a lot of credit for winning the game. Down 20 they could have folded, but they refused to give up and made big shot after big shot. Caleb Simpson earned my respect tonight. He hit some mighty big shots down the stretch including the banked in 3 that sent it to overtime. He's a

really good ballplayer.

It was a great high school basketball game. 99-94 in 2OT. It doesn't get much better than that. Both teams fought hard & it was one of those games where it was a shame someone had to lose. A lot of guys on both sides left it all on the court tonight. Fans that saw it will definitely remember it regardless of who they were rooting for.

Probably would have been a lot different outcome if Johnson doesn't foul out with so much time remaining. But that's basketball and tonight the final bounces of the ball went Lipscomb's way.

Good luck to both & maybe there will be another matchup, although it's doubtful. But if there is just a couple of

suggestions. One, let's play it without any refs and two, let's cut out all the intentional, unintentional fouls. That's

not the way this great game was intended to be played

Hat's off to DL's student cheering section. They were definitely the 6th man this game! Thanks for making the trip and making a difference.

Wish I could have seen this one. I only hope that Waldo was there again in the DL student section. That made the District Final bearable to watch Waldo go hide in various parts of the gym during timeouts.

I thought the refs let Lipscomb get away with a lot of pushing to call a couple of what looked like iffy calls to me. If Johnson doesn't foul out for another minute or two then it probably would have been a double-digit victory for Marshall Co. McCullough willed Marshall Co. into that 2nd OT with clutch shots. Like I said in my first post, Marshall Co. had chances to win at the line so this isn't the refs fault. But the refs let Lipscomb get away with some stuff that got them back in the game. Lipscomb's double team would seem to foul Marshall Co. then get a steal with no call. I also thought that Lipscomb got away with a few walks. However, still a great game, just wish it wouldn't seem that the refs had such an impact.