Marshall Co. - David Lipscomb

Tiger_4_life

Wish I could have seen this one. I only hope that Waldo was there again in the DL student section. That made the District Final bearable to watch Waldo go hide in various parts of the gym during timeouts.

I agree. I don't know where the DL students got this one, but it is hilarious and helps alleviate the stress for parents watching a very close game. Makes you remember... this is supposed to be fun! Of all the great years of DL student cheering sections, I must say this year would be hard to beat. Thanks DL students. You are the best!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the refs let Lipscomb get away with a lot of pushing to call a couple of what looked like iffy calls to me. If Johnson doesn't foul out for another minute or two then it probably would have been a double-digit victory for Marshall Co. McCullough willed Marshall Co. into that 2nd OT with clutch shots. Like I said in my first post, Marshall Co. had chances to win at the line so this isn't the refs fault. But the refs let Lipscomb get away with some stuff that got them back in the game. Lipscomb's double team would seem to foul Marshall Co. then get a steal with no call. I also thought that Lipscomb got away with a few walks. However, still a great game, just wish it wouldn't seem that the refs had such an impact.

I will agree that the officials were not good, but they were not good both ways. Bad calls were made on both sides, you just seem to remember them more when you lose. Great game to watch, but you could see the noose tightening on MC as their go-to player fouled out and it started getting closer. Good luck to both.

I defended Marshall County yesterday to CPA fans when they were all whining on here and now MC fans get on here and whine about officiating just as bad. Bottom line, when Kedron fouled out you did not/could not make adjustments for it and lost. Period. Lipscomb did what they should and took advantage of your point guard being out. They pressured you and you folded. Deal with the loss, make adjustments and get ready for sectionals. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Good luck to both the Mustangs and Tigers.

MC, whining doesn't become you. Your guys hit some awesome threes. Be glad they had you where you were. Your big guy fouling out definitely hurt you. But, he probably had at least three other fouls they did not call. He needs to learn to play defense with his feet and not his hands. He also needs to learn how to protect the ball on the dribble without pushing off with his other arm. These officials let him do it every time, some will not. Great talent though and will only get better over the next two years. Lack of bench strength was a killer for MC in the fourth.

The officials probably did miss a few calls. This just in, several went against Lipscomb as well. The whole thing in the fourth quarter was done at a frantic pace. Your guys didn't handle that too well. Keep in mind that it is just as frantic a pace for the officials and they are not nearly as young as the players. That is one of the first times I have ever seen officials look visibly tired.

How did 23 not make the all-tournament team? He singly kept you guys going. My hat is off to him.

Enough said. Good luck on Monday.

MC, whining doesn't become you. Your guys hit some awesome threes. Be glad they had you where you were. Your big guy fouling out definitely hurt you. But, he probably had at least three other fouls they did not call. He needs to learn to play defense with his feet and not his hands. He also needs to learn how to protect the ball on the dribble without pushing off with his other arm. These officials let him do it every time, some will not. Great talent though and will only get better over the next two years. Lack of bench strength was a killer for MC in the fourth.

The officials probably did miss a few calls. This just in, several went against Lipscomb as well. The whole thing in the fourth quarter was done at a frantic pace. Your guys didn't handle that too well. Keep in mind that it is just as frantic a pace for the officials and they are not nearly as young as the players. That is one of the first times I have ever seen officials look visibly tired.

How did 23 not make the all-tournament team? He singly kept you guys going. My hat is off to him.

Enough said. Good luck on Monday.

The officials are getting paid to officiate the game correctly regardless if they are tired or not. As far as Johnson goes, he needs to learn alot but protecting the ball is not something he has a problem doing. The kid is 15 years old and the best player on the court most nights. Its just a shame he fouled out because Lipscomb had no answers for him. As I said earlier magnificent comeback by Lipscomb no matter who Marshall County had playing and no matter how bad the officiating seemed to some fans. Both teams are well coached and play hard. Hopefully we get to see a rematch at some point.

I thought the refs let Lipscomb get away with a lot of pushing to call a couple of what looked like iffy calls to me. If Johnson doesn't foul out for another minute or two then it probably would have been a double-digit victory for Marshall Co. McCullough willed Marshall Co. into that 2nd OT with clutch shots. Like I said in my first post, Marshall Co. had chances to win at the line so this isn't the refs fault. But the refs let Lipscomb get away with some stuff that got them back in the game. Lipscomb's double team would seem to foul Marshall Co. then get a steal with no call. I also thought that Lipscomb got away with a few walks. However, still a great game, just wish it wouldn't seem that the refs had such an impact.

20 point lead, why is Johnson (best player on floor with 4 fouls) even in the game. I sat behind MC (Major Choke) bench and watched as Johnson begged/talked the coach, after the coach had already put in the white/blonde haired lefty just before the 3rd qtr ended, to put him(Harris) back in. And the coach puts Harris back in as white/blonde haired kid left slammed his seat as he came out and was consoled by the black coach at the end of the bench.... losers "always" blame the refs - but I would argue MC coach made a bad decision in regards to putting Johnson into the game when he did. Luckily this was a region final and MC lives to see another day.

If ever there was a game that the refs didn't overly impact, it would be this one. Good news for MC though......you're still playing and have a great opportunity with a very good team. Certainly agree that Johnson fouling out left the window open for Lipscomb. The comeback probably falls short with him in the game to the end.

This thread needs an unbiased viewpoint. I was at the game last night, and I am not associated with either team. I am actually a referee in several college leagues and personally have worked college games with two of the officials from last night's crew, not to mention I played Div. I basketball and was an assistant coach briefly at the college level. I say this simply to point out that I have seen the game from all sides. The game was not refereed perfectly (just as no game is), and the officials would tell you the same thing I'm sure. After every game, officials discuss plays that occurred and whether calls were missed and so forth. But I will say that I absolutely think the game was called 100% equally and justifiably as to how the game was played. #45 for Marshall Co. is a stud talent-wise but needs to learn to play smarter. Fans miss the point so many times. Why was he trying to block a 3-point shot 23 feet from the basket with four fouls? I can understand contesting the shot with a hand in the kid's face, but swatting at the ball? And yes, he did hit the guy's arm. If it was such a bad call, why was there no protest from the coach or the player? As far as him pushing off with his off arm while dribbling, the DL players were initially holding/hand-checking him which was called at least twice by the crew, and later #45 for MC was called for pushing off. So why are fans from both sides still complaining when the officials adjudicated both situations correctly? Also, #45 for MC could have easily been called for a bone-headed hand-checking foul in the first quarter when he had both hands all over a kid 25 feet from the basket. But thankfully the official used great judgment and told him to get his hands off without calling a foul. Why is that not cited as a situation where the officials properly saved him from a stupid foul? The officials have much more integrity and capacity to manage games than most anyone gives them credit for.

I will say that after talking with the crew after the game, they commended both coaches on being class acts, and watching the game I totally agreed.

Fans have a right to disagree with calls, but try to maintain some class while doing it. Throwing personal jabs in there only shows the lack of intelligience and dignity a person has. It is also amazing to me how certain schools are supposed to be Christian-based yet their fans will yell some of the nastiest things you could hear. And that goes for any fans of any school whether they are Christian-related or not. I'm certainly no where close to being perfect, but it's got to be hard walking into church on Sunday morning when you've disgraced yourself on Friday and Saturday night.