REGION 1 AA UNICOI VS. UNION

HOOPS09

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both teams have tremendous guard play, and are capable of scoring big points. The X factors tonight could end up being which team gets more offensive rebounds and makes their free throws. If one of the teams is ice cold, it could be a long night for them. Both teams have streaky shooters, and, with A-E losing, both should lay it all on the line to get the home sectional game. If Region-1 is going to make a run to Boro in AA, this is the year to get it done. In the end, I think Unicoi County makes just enough shots to get the home date on Monday:

Unicoi - 73

Union - 66

both teams have tremendous guard play, and are capable of scoring big points. The X factors tonight could end up being which team gets more offensive rebounds and makes their free throws. If one of the teams is ice cold, it could be a long night for them. Both teams have streaky shooters, and, with A-E losing, both should lay it all on the line to get the home sectional game. If Region-1 is going to make a run to Boro in AA, this is the year to get it done. In the end, I think Unicoi County makes just enough shots to get the home date on Monday:

Unicoi - 73

Union - 66

if unicoi plays as well as they can then it could be a 20 point win. union may be able to hang around if they can guard lyle, miller will do his damage. union looked like they could become a little shaking if pressed the other night in the game with jc. if jc had played well then it would have been a district 1 final, but oh well

Im gonna have to go with Union on this one. Once again the odds are stacked up against them like so many times before. I think if Smith and Vittetoe can get hot and play a little D on the side then this game should go down to the wire. I dont know much about Unicoi but if they play the way they played Tuesday vs Happy Valley then they are very beatable. I think this one will go down to the wire and whoever can stop the guard play will prob end up hosting Carter and the other making a trip to Broadway to play Fulton.

Union 69

Unicoi 65

if unicoi plays as well as they can then it could be a 20 point win. union may be able to hang around if they can guard lyle, miller will do his damage. union looked like they could become a little shaking if pressed the other night in the game with jc. if jc had played well then it would have been a district 1 final, but oh well

Well now that Union Co. has Beat Johnson Co. And Unicoi Co. back to back maybe they can get a little respect from District 1, all i have read on coacht for 2 weeks is JC and Unicoi would be playing for Region 1 Championship!!!!!

i think that people had respect for union's game, i just don't think many people could see them beating the top 2 from district 1 since really the last few years district 1 has been a lot stronger from top to bottom as evident by the 1st round games. but to give union credit they have 3 of the best players on the wing in this region and they must have peaked at the right time. i think most people knew last year that union could be the best team from district 2. they better enjoy before they join the big dogs next year.

Hey hoops09, with the talent Union Co. will have coming back next year you might want to call them the big dogs! If they are good this year, they will be great next year. And yes they have enough talent to play with anyone in Knoxville. I am not a parent from Union nor I'am I a fan but I have watched them play all year and they are a good b-ball team. So instead of always putting people down on coach-t let's say good things that might encourage kids to succeed and do well!!

Hey hoops09, with the talent Union Co. will have coming back next year you might want to call them the big dogs! If they are good this year, they will be great next year. And yes they have enough talent to play with anyone in Knoxville. I am not a parent from Union nor I'am I a fan but I have watched them play all year and they are a good b-ball team. So instead of always putting people down on coach-t let's say good things that might encourage kids to succeed and do well!!

that was not putting anyone down. without a doubt they would win district 2 next year, just now they will be in disrtict 3 with a-e and fulton and can anyone hardly rem. teams from the east getting past knox.? they may be able to upset one of those teams but the odds are against them. i believ if you actually read the post i said they have 3 of the best wing players around. if smith can learn to shoot the 3 they could be even better.