Harpeth @ Lipscomb

9aafan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth is full of shooters and limited in the post. They didnt show their true colors tonight against Boliver. Boliver is a very good team but Harpeth played scared the whole night. Harpeth was down 19 at half but broke even in the 2nd half and showed they could keep up if they would have started from the get go.

This is humerous, thanks studentsection I needed to hear a good joke after a 100 mile drive back to Bolivar. Fact is that Bolivar put it in cruise control the entire second half and played three reserves the majority of the third and forth quarters. Harpeth only scored 40 points for the entire game they were in the low 30 point range with 2 minutes left in the game and hit 3 meaningless 3pointers to get to 40. And your right , the the defence played by Bolivar was scary. 9aa hope this helps a little. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If Harpeth can shoot the 3 really well, I could see them giving Lipscomb trouble. That's how Marshall Co. played and if Lipscomb isn't unconcious in the 4th, then MC would have won. However, after seeing the fight Lipscomb showed, I can't see them getting down in this one.

It's all about matchups. Bolivar had athletes that could counter Harpeths and they play tight man to man or an active zone. Not the best Bolivar team that I've seen in the last 4 years, but still pretty tough. They got to the rim, but they didn't hurt Harpeth with 3 balls. If Marshall County can match their athleticism and can get their 3's off, they'll play them close.

Harpeth is young. They had a freshman on the all tourney team and by most accounts, they've overachieved this year. They're still playing which is more than anybody else in 11AA and 12AA besides Bolivar can say. Lipscomb will be tough as always.

Will this game be at the high school; or, has it been moved to Allen Arena?

its at the high school....which will give the edge to the Mustangs. No one wants to come to that gym and have to face Lipscombs student section under the goal. Get there early if u want a seat. the gym holds 1300 and it will fill up fast.

its at the high school....which will give the edge to the Mustangs. No one wants to come to that gym and have to face Lipscombs student section under the goal. Get there early if u want a seat. the gym holds 1300 and it will fill up fast.

Amen! And parking will be a nightmare!

Harpeth played their butts off tonight. In a great high school basketball environment, they took it right to Lipscomb and had the momentum going into the last 2 minutes of the game. To Lipscomb's credit, they did what they had to do. Harpeth left it on the floor and could smell state, but it was not to be. Lipscomb got the game to OT and won it 75-68.

I can't describe how proud I am of this Harpeth team. In the talent area, this years version wouldn't rank as high as probably the last 4 or 5 teams. They made up for it in heart and desire, team chemistry and awesome senior leadership. It was everything that high school basketball should be. Thank you Indians.