Blackman football

Blackman got to play a half of football tonight before lightening made them cancel the second half. The varsity played the first two quarters. Bob Jones was winning 20-0 at the half.

I don't think it is fair to expect Blackman to look great after one spring training with the new staff.

Also, Alabama football is tends to be better than Tennesse football. Only the upper tier teams in Tennessee can walk in to Alabama and compete with a 6A school like Bob Jones. Blackman is certainly not on that level, but they may be in the near future.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why do it then? Did you really think Blackman could stack up to Bob Jones at this point? Be glad the 2nd half got cancelled, otherwise you probably shattered all the confidence that they gained.

Plenty of schools in Tennesee willing to play and are in spring right now. It isn't like Blackman has a powerhouse reputation and no one will play them. This one just didn't make sense to me.

Who else did Blackman scrimmage and how have they looked so far? Are all coaches in place?

I was also at this game. I missed 1/2 of the first quarter due to the fact their stadium is not at the high school and some idiot gave me bad directions. The 1 1/2 quarters I did see was not good at all for Blackman. BHS is WAY behind and can only improve. If they don't improve it is going to be hard to win 1 game. The offense couldn't move the ball and the defense was maybe a tad better than the offense. Bob Jones seem like they were in mid-season form. Is it that BJHS is that good? Or is it that BHS is that bad? I believe it is a combination. There is still alot of time left for improvement. Keep your head up BHS.

Then why do it then? Did you really think Blackman could stack up to Bob Jones at this point? Be glad the 2nd half got cancelled, otherwise you probably shattered all the confidence that they gained.

Plenty of schools in Tennesee willing to play and are in spring right now. It isn't like Blackman has a powerhouse reputation and no one will play them. This one just didn't make sense to me.

Who else did Blackman scrimmage and how have they looked so far? Are all coaches in place?

this was simply a test for the blackman players. now that they see how they stack up against another team, they will come to work harder in the summer. it wasn't a bad decision on the coaches part. i mean they could have scrimmaged that "powerhouse" franklin county again. look how that worked out for blackman last year. and by the way most teams in tennessee were already scheduled or spring practice had already been finished. don't get on here and spew ignorance if you don't know what you're talking about

this was simply a test for the blackman players. now that they see how they stack up against another team, they will come to work harder in the summer. it wasn't a bad decision on the coaches part. i mean they could have scrimmaged that "powerhouse" franklin county again. look how that worked out for blackman last year. and by the way most teams in tennessee were already scheduled or spring practice had already been finished. don't get on here and spew ignorance if you don't know what you're talking about

Hmmm.........this dialogue sounds vaguely familiar.

Actually folk DO think of Blackman like they do Franklin County so that would have been a good match.

Hmmm.........this dialogue sounds vaguely familiar.

Actually folk DO think of Blackman like they do Franklin County so that would have been a good match.

if you even compare franklin county and blackman then you are only lowering the rutherford county teams. just go get back on oaklands post and leave blackman to us. i love how oakland thinks they are awesome after a stroke of luck last season (with the exception of lebanon but its fine i guess we'll see in the fall

it's ok everyone say what you want about how blackman looked against bob jones. Only having installed a completly new offense in six days and playing 25 diffrent players on D against a good team like Bob Jones blackman played decent. With hard work this summer rutherford county better look out cus that future everyone talks about starts this fall

GO BLAZE

if you even compare franklin county and blackman then you are only lowering the rutherford county teams. just go get back on oaklands post and leave blackman to us. i love how oakland thinks they are awesome after a stroke of luck last season (with the exception of lebanon /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but its fine i guess we'll see in the fall

Yeah, somehow Oakland just lucked there way right to the ship?? Makes perfect sense, kinda like Blackman is always gonna be the team to beat... In the future! lol... Always bout some future.

Yeah, somehow Oakland just lucked there way right to the ship?? Makes perfect sense, kinda like Blackman is always gonna be the team to beat... In the future! lol... Always bout some future.

i do believe ur boys talked about the "future" for years until you finally got the right coach in. there's nothing wrong with optimism.

i do believe ur boys talked about the "future" for years until you finally got the right coach in. there's nothing wrong with optimism.

Bubba, you are so right. You have to be optimistic no matter how bad things look. I took a lot of ribbing over the years when we had some down time. I can take it though, it just makes you stronger. Everyone knows Shad loves to use the "We don't get respect " approach anyway.

Did you bail on Smyrna too or are you still purple?

if you even compare franklin county and blackman then you are only lowering the rutherford county teams. just go get back on oaklands post and leave blackman to us. i love how oakland thinks they are awesome after a stroke of luck last season (with the exception of lebanon /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but its fine i guess we'll see in the fall

Come talk to me when you have 3 gold balls...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />