Melrose at Raleigh Egypt ...... Liberty at White Station

TraderB

Wow what a ball game folks. Besides a 2-0 lead White Station was behind the whole game. Liberty was playing a almost perfect game. They were hitting short jumper after short jumper. Tarius Johnson was abusing Ferrokhan Hall pretty much the whole game especially in the 1st quarter. During the 4th quarter WS cranked up the D and started getting lay up after lay up. Liberty started traveling and making bad passes. Joe Jackson finished with 32, but Hall had zero and Hollins played poorly but came through in the 4th. FYI this is the first game I have ever attended and their was not a foul called in the first quarter in a half. AS a side note I personally saw Bruce Pearl, Clemson coach "Oliver Pernell", a UAB asst Coach, and the Tigers assistants...

Apparently my prediction of a White Station 18+ blowout over Liberty.....this fired up Liberty /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Of course not.

Man, I was definitely wrong, wrong, wrong about Liberty!.

------------------------------------------------------

Liberty obviously played an outstanding game and gave White Station all it could handle, and then some. This appears to have been a very competitive, exciting ballgame!

Congratulations White Station.

Excellent season, Liberty.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently my prediction of a White Station 18+ blowout over Liberty.....this fired up Liberty /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Of course not.

Man, I was definitely wrong, wrong, wrong about Liberty!.

------------------------------------------------------

Liberty obviously played an outstanding game and gave White Station all it could handle, and then some. This appears to have been a very competitive, exciting ballgame!

Congratulations White Station.

Excellent season, Liberty.

Did I not try to warn all of you about Liberty? I think I said they would give Wh. Station all they wanted and if WS took them lightly...they could lose. Props to Dexter and the crusaders, they are always a tough out.

Pretty much what TraderB said would happen. Melrose came out with NO fire. It looked like two middle school teams playing. Other than Chris Jones and #23, they showed no effort at all. They were sleep-walking, and Raleigh-Egypt could still barely put them away. I couldn't believe those were the two teams from the AAA City Championship. Anthony Jones played with fire. Chris Jones showed heart. Other than that, it was pitiful, on both sides.

Dude,

What game did you watch? You must have been one of those rabid orange mound fans that got up and abandoned their team when AJ threw down a poster dunk on Melrose with 2:00 to go and it was obvious that Melrose had no hope. Never really had much hope from the opening tip. RE beat Melrose every way you can be beat and CRUISED to a 24 pt win. Maybe you thought RE looked bad but not a single RE fan agrees with you and I bet the majority of Melrose's fans know they got clocked!

Dude,

What game did you watch? You must have been one of those rabid orange mound fans that got up and abandoned their team when AJ threw down a poster dunk on Melrose with 2:00 to go and it was obvious that Melrose had no hope. Never really had much hope from the opening tip. RE beat Melrose every way you can be beat and CRUISED to a 24 pt win. Maybe you thought RE looked bad but not a single RE fan agrees with you and I bet the majority of Melrose's fans know they got clocked!

Obviously Egypt fans were excited(Why not?). I'm a Northside fan(not the Cougars, but the Northside of town). I like to see all of the Frayser, Raleigh, North Memphis teams do well. Melrose didn't come to play at all. That White STation game must've took a toll on their attitudes. They weren't aggressive as they usually are. They both disappointed me. Hines needs to be the point guard. Holmes isn't gonna get it done. He is TOO shaky with the ball, and Brady shouldn't touch the floor anymore. You're obviously a Raleigh-Egypt fan. Don't act like they are that much better than any of the top teams. If Chris Mason could hold his water, Melrose would be City Champs. I've been a little guilty of "hating" on Melrose this year but I'm man enough to admit that, you should be too. You know that wasn't the same team that played for the City title. I'm pulling for Raleigh-Egypt, and if Bearden beats them and/or White Station and wins it all, I'm going to be EXTREMELY upset. If Bearden has some type of fullcourt pressure, Holmes is gonna cost em. Hopefully, he'll prove me wrong.

I'll admit I expected White Station to blow out Liberty as well, by 15. After I saw them against Ridgeway at the Larry Finch Classic, they didn't impress me other than that point guard. He is a true leader and sets everybody up. Then the next day, they lost to Siegel of Mufreesboro who had just lost to Carver? I think Liberty also lost at home to Briarcrest. So with all that, I didn't give them too much of a chance. But, when you've got to win to stay alive, you usually step up more than you usually would.

Obviously Egypt fans were excited(Why not?). I'm a Northside fan(not the Cougars, but the Northside of town). I like to see all of the Frayser, Raleigh, North Memphis teams do well. Melrose didn't come to play at all. That White STation game must've took a toll on their attitudes. They weren't aggressive as they usually are. They both disappointed me. Hines needs to be the point guard. Holmes isn't gonna get it done. He is TOO shaky with the ball, and Brady shouldn't touch the floor anymore. You're obviously a Raleigh-Egypt fan. Don't act like they are that much better than any of the top teams. If Chris Mason could hold his water, Melrose would be City Champs. I've been a little guilty of "hating" on Melrose this year but I'm man enough to admit that, you should be too. You know that wasn't the same team that played for the City title. I'm pulling for Raleigh-Egypt, and if Bearden beats them and/or White Station and wins it all, I'm going to be EXTREMELY upset. If Bearden has some type of fullcourt pressure, Holmes is gonna cost em. Hopefully, he'll prove me wrong.

First of all...Raleigh may not be THAT much better than the top teams but has beaten ALL of them this year.

Ridgeway 76-65

W. Station 83-72

Olive Bran 61-54

Kirby 87-69

JCM 70-52

Liberty 54-35

Craigmont twice

Melrose twice

Did I miss any of your TOP teams? Didn't play Central.

Holmes has been the starting PG for last two years. RE record 59-7. Hines cannot play point. Mishandles the ball too much trying to overdo and has an attacker/scorer mentality. Dominates the ball when it is in his hands and that is not PG's role.

First of all...Raleigh may not be THAT much better than the top teams but has beaten ALL of them this year.

Ridgeway 76-65

W. Station 83-72

Olive Bran 61-54

Kirby 87-69

JCM 70-52

Liberty 54-35

Craigmont twice

Melrose twice

Holmes has been the starting PG for last two years. RE record 59-7. Hines cannot play point. Mishandles the ball too much trying to overdo and has an attacker/scorer mentality. Dominates the ball when it is in his hands and that is not PG's role.

I know what all these teams have done, don't need you to post that. I don't consider JCM a top team, or Kirby for that matter. White Station and Germantown even blew them out. Egypt beat WS and Ridgeway at the beginning of the season. And Both were completely different teams at the end of the year(especially Ridgeway). John David Little from Olive Branch choked letting 3 consecutive passes bobble out of his hands in the post. And they just got handled in their own gym by Provine. Egypt also lost to Craigmont and one of their wins was certainly assisted, and they escaped with the other one. Again, Mason gave the game to Egypt. Didn't say they weren't good, just said not THAT much better. You're a big fan. And i can get wit that. But come on, lay off it a little. I'm not like that with those I support. Cordova was on their behinds until #33 got hurt. Again, Holmes is shaky, and he's probably the reason why they didn't make it to state last year despite that great record, losing AT HOME to a team that Ridgeway beat 4 times. The guy doesn't have it. Plain and simple. Hines makes things happen. I'll admit he takes alot of bad shots and shoots a low percentage but he's more of a playmaker than Holmes. When Hines has the ball in his hands, things happen. That's what counts. When Holmes has it, the only thing that happens is a turnover or stagnated dribbling. With the talent they have, they're offense could be ALOT better. That reflects on the point guard. And Again I'll say, Brady should never touch the floor again. #40 is better than him.

You seem to be a great fan of basketball and some of your points are well taken...however, you also show Raleigh NOOO respect for the year they've had or the teams they beat to get there. To hear you tell it, they have been lucky to win at all this year against far superior talent. How many times does a team have to win before they prove they are solid team with a will to win and not just lucky?

Ridgeway 76-65

W. Station 83-72

Olive Bran 61-54

Kirby 87-69

JCM 70-52

Liberty 54-35

Craigmont twice

Melrose twice

Dude, you and I have agreed with each other on Firestone's comments but you missed me with that sentence I quoted you on!!! Gentry is man in the clutch, always has been. Coach Adams wants him with the ball because of his ability to break down defenses, handles, scoring ability, and the knack to draw fouls. Who says you can't score from the point?!?!?! A friend of mine is an AAU coach for 16 and under and he's said over and over again no one has been able to stop Gentry on the isolation.

When will the drawing of teams be done? I want to know the matchups for the state quarterfinals.

I know what all these teams have done, don't need you to post that. I don't consider JCM a top team, or Kirby for that matter. White Station and Germantown even blew them out. Egypt beat WS and Ridgeway at the beginning of the season. And Both were completely different teams at the end of the year(especially Ridgeway). John David Little from Olive Branch choked letting 3 consecutive passes bobble out of his hands in the post. And they just got handled in their own gym by Provine. Egypt also lost to Craigmont and one of their wins was certainly assisted, and they escaped with the other one. Again, Mason gave the game to Egypt. Didn't say they weren't good, just said not THAT much better. You're a big fan. And i can get wit that. But come on, lay off it a little. I'm not like that with those I support. Cordova was on their behinds until #33 got hurt. Again, Holmes is shaky, and he's probably the reason why they didn't make it to state last year despite that great record, losing AT HOME to a team that Ridgeway beat 4 times. The guy doesn't have it. Plain and simple. Hines makes things happen. I'll admit he takes alot of bad shots and shoots a low percentage but he's more of a playmaker than Holmes. When Hines has the ball in his hands, things happen. That's what counts. When Holmes has it, the only thing that happens is a turnover or stagnated dribbling. With the talent they have, they're offense could be ALOT better. That reflects on the point guard. And Again I'll say, Brady should never touch the floor again. #40 is better than him.

Lol, we criticize Joe Brady a lot but he hustles and gets buckets even though he bobbles/fumbles a lot of good passes to him. The #40 yo refer to is Bobo. I played with that kid before and he is not good at all. He is just a big body that you put in there to get you a couple rebounds and maybe affect shots plus he has five fouls. Brady isn't bad but he could be better if worked on it. He seems to play a little goofy like but he can get you 12 to 16 points. Plus Coach has decided not to switch back to the original line up with AJ at the 4 and Reggie Fondren at the 3. He's sticking with the flow which you can't blame him on.

You seem to be a great fan of basketball and some of your points are well taken...however, you also show Raleigh NOOO respect for the year they've had or the teams they beat to get there. To hear you tell it, they have been lucky to win at all this year against far superior talent. How many times does a team have to win before they prove they are solid team with a will to win and not just lucky?

Funny you say that because that's exactly what I was saying about Craigmont. But They're good. I mean when you catch two of the best at the beginning of the season, and then you spend much of Jan. and Feb. playing in a District with Bolton and Arlington(the worst team I've seen all season, by far). And some of those district games were WAY too close for me. That's what makes me think like that. Their recent performance can be compared to Manassas. They lost to Bob Jones. And didn't make me feel too good to say that nobody in the area beat em but a team from Alabama beat em. I like to think that Memphis beats everybody else. At least they went to Atlanta and handled competition like Ridgeway did. I hope they can get it done. I don't really like White Station, but don't hate em either.

Side note: Since you say you were at the Craigmont/Manassas game, do u remember that last block Buckner got in overtime? I think a Craigmont player shot a pull-up jumper or a floater. He went up sky-high and wrapped it up, snatched it out of the air with one hand. That was sick. They called goal-tending. I had to agree, no way that was possibly legal /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Funny you say that because that's exactly what I was saying about Craigmont. But They're good. I mean when you catch two of the best at the beginning of the season, and then you spend much of Jan. and Feb. playing in a District with Bolton and Arlington(the worst team I've seen all season, by far). And some of those district games were WAY too close for me. That's what makes me think like that. Their recent performance can be compared to Manassas. They lost to Bob Jones. And didn't make me feel too good to say that nobody in the area beat em but a team from Alabama beat em. I like to think that Memphis beats everybody else. At least they went to Atlanta and handled competition like Ridgeway did. I hope they can get it done. I don't really like White Station, but don't hate em either.

Side note: Since you say you were at the Craigmont/Manassas game, do u remember that last block Buckner got in overtime? I think a Craigmont player shot a pull-up jumper or a floater. He went up sky-high and wrapped it up, snatched it out of the air with one hand. That was sick. They called goal-tending. I had to agree, no way that was possibly legal /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Umm, Firestone, from what Coach Adams told me Bob Jones High School won State three years in a row!!! That would be a good loss. In another words, you would accept it because they were a very successful team in the past. Plus it was a tournament so there wasn't much time to prepare for them and they still barely lost.