Collinwood Trojans Score Reporter

BigOldies930

During the playoffs, from now through the State Tournament, BIG Oldies 930 Radio (Waynesboro-Collinwood-Clifton..."and all stops inbetween") is looking for a person that will be attending all Collinwood Trojans basketball games. We're looking for a person that will call the radio station at the end of each quarter and provide the game score. This is a volunteer position. You will not be on the air, just providing the quarter-to-quarter game score.

You will be thanked on the air for your help...and, your Trojans friends will greatly appreciate your help.

Please contact Jonathan "Apple" Rabick at BIG Oldies 930 Radio at 931-722-3631. (Leave message, we will call you back.) Thanks.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the playoffs, from now through the State Tournament, BIG Oldies 930 Radio (Waynesboro-Collinwood-Clifton..."and all stops inbetween") is looking for a person that will be attending all Collinwood Trojans basketball games. We're looking for a person that will call the radio station at the end of each quarter and provide the game score. This is a volunteer position. You will not be on the air, just providing the quarter-to-quarter game score.

You will be thanked on the air for your help...and, your Trojans friends will greatly appreciate your help.

Please contact Jonathan "Apple" Rabick at BIG Oldies 930 Radio at 931-722-3631. (Leave message, we will call you back.) Thanks.

If the phone service picks up...I got your back.....No problem....Is the score all you need or do you need stats?

It would be nice if you'd cover the game like you do the Wayne CO games since you are suppose to be a local station.

I totally agree...Wonder why they don't? I will try and keep up the stats so that when I call there will be a detailed undate...Will they announce it? Or will it just be the score?

I called and so far nobody has gotten back with me....

It would be nice if you'd cover the game like you do the Wayne CO games since you are suppose to be a local station.

The expenses for a broadcast are relatively limited. You should find some sponsors in Collinwood and approach the radio station with a proposal to broadcast the game. I'm sure they would sell you the time. I agree with you that they should do the games of their own accord, and a professionally done proposal might show them that it would be worth their time.

The expenses for a broadcast are relatively limited. You should find some sponsors in Collinwood and approach the radio station with a proposal to broadcast the game. I'm sure they would sell you the time. I agree with you that they should do the games of their own accord, and a professionally done proposal might show them that it would be worth their time.

i dont know why anyone in cwood would want to advertise on the station you cant even pick it up in cwood plus i hope most ball fans will be there supporting them in person am i wrong or is this the fartherist they have made it in 40 years

i dont know why anyone in cwood would want to advertise on the station you cant even pick it up in cwood plus i hope most ball fans will be there supporting them in person am i wrong or is this the fartherist they have made it in 40 years

I don't know about the reception of the radio station in Collinwood, but during football season, I was able to pick it up quite clearly over the station's website. I would love to be there but the distance from my home, and the fact that I must be at my job all day on Monday, make radio, television, or the internet my only options. I was just being selfish in wanting to listen to the game. But then again, supporting family is sometimes a selfish endeavor. So personally, I don't care who would sponsor it.

As far as the "fartherist" the team has been, I thought the Jace Bryant-led team went to at least the sub-state, if not to the state tournament, but I'm not certain.

You have some very good points that we agree with. BIG Oldies 930 broadcasts to an area between Lawrenceburg to Clifton, to Collinwood to Hohenwald. Generally Wayne County plus a few miles more into the surrounding counties. We are not a high powered radio station (FCC Requirement) as you know. Our signal is quite good in the daytime, depending on the quality of your radio, including antenna. Unfortunately, all radios are not created equal. Some are much better than others. If you cannot received our signal properly in Collinwood (during daylight hours), perhaps it's time for a better radio/or antenna. The FCC requires BIG Oldies 930 to change it's broadcast pattern at sundown each day (which is 7pm) this month (March). We are a local radio station, however when our broadcast pattern changes at sundown, we do not effectively cover Collinwood. This is the reason we do not broadcast play-by-play action of the Collinwood games. We wish we could, but it's not possible. So, for the first time ever, we've started a series of sports reports: The BIG Oldies 930 SportsCenter. The SportsCenter reports generally air the morning after Collinwood, Clifton, Summertgown and Wayne County H.S. games. With the Trojans & Eagles being the final teams in the playoff hunt, we're ramping up our SportsCenter coverage to cover these important games as best as we can. We hope the playoff sports coverage is appreciated by our many Collinwood and Summertown listeners and we're prepared to follow both teams through the State Tournament. Should you have any more questions or comments, feel free to give us a buzz at 931-722-3631. (Please leave a message, and we will return your call a.s.a.p.