McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

92charger

Congrats to LA. Im glad they pulled the upset on this one......This game was definitely worth watching...The Sells girl came out of nowhere with 5 three's toward the end.... Noone in the gym can say they expected that from her... She put it away for LA and will probably receive an all tournament award solely from this game

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That made me laugh.

We have all these tournaments to determine who the "better" team is. Upperman failed one test in the region finals and lost to LA. However, they had a chance to make up for it. They get a second test, but they failed that test losing to McMinn Central (who didn't even have 2 of their starters on the floor the last few minutes)... Upperman failed 2 straight tests that determine the best teams in the state. LA did not. They passed with flying colors. Thats why LA got to move on the the state tournament where they beat a tough McMinn Central team in the first round.

I realize your a loyal Bee fan, but LA finished as the better team.

Maybe next year though... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No winning 75% of your games against a team qualifies you as the better team, but not the hottest team at the time but make no mistake I am proud of Livingston and the run they are making. Hope they win it all and will be there to cheer them on. I am not taking anything away from them, like I said before they deserve to be there by winning games.

Congrats to LA. Im glad they pulled the upset on this one......This game was definitely worth watching...The Sells girl came out of nowhere with 5 three's toward the end.... Noone in the gym can say they expected that from her... She put it away for LA and will probably receive an all tournament award solely from this game

That Sells girl you're talking about is Alissa Sells. If you knew anything about LA BB, you'd know she is capable of lighting it up in every game....LA fans are very aware of it and I can assure you that district 7 coaches are very aware of her shooting ability........... Probably no one in the gym, except the LA faithful, expected McMinn's win streak to end so abruptly either........This TEAM got it togeather at the time that counts...............Another 'gold ball' would sure look nice in that trophy case.-------------GO HOGEYE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I mean beat the Wildcats 3 out of 4 times who beat Mcminn Central. Plus the people who make the polls are educated in the decisions they make. They aren't picking teams out of a hat and putting them on the top ten in the polls. Not trying to take away from the success any teams are having because they won the games and deserve to be there.

Let's face the truth. Each year Upperman wins 25 games and when the tournament comes, they choke! The players start worrying about who's going to get the points and attention and the coach just falls apart. I mean, the record speaks for itself. The polls don't mean a thing! That's why they play the games!!!!

Congrats to LA you played a great game and desreved the win but to settled the argument with you and upperman the best team in the state didnt show up last night. I would put McMinn Central up against LA 10 times and Central would win at least 9 times and by 10 or more points, i however would not want to play upperman again they are a very good team. But as i said congrats to you, but you didnt play the central team that was 34-0 .I dont know who that team was. I feel sorry for our girls that the wheels had to fall off at this point and dont understand what they where thinking or not thinking but ( and I'm not putting LA down) they should have been able to beat LA easily I dont know how upperman lost to LA. LA didnt look like a state tourn caliber team to me ,sorry. Upperman was a better team than LA by far and Im pretty sure the Central was also. Makes me wonder if Marshal Co. was put out on a fluke also. I seen four AA teams play yesterday and not one of them look state tourn. worthy.

I also dont wont to hear people blaming Coach Morgan, for years they want to say he starts changing stuff at this level and doesnt let the girls play there game. Well he stuck with the same game plan kept running in fresh legs and let the girls play but they blew it.

Best team in state The 34-0 Mcminn Central Chargerettes, LA you havent seen them and wont, be thankful its not a best two out of three. but then again so are we cause we may have not gotten by Upperman had it been.

Congrats again to LA on catching the best team in the state in a daze i guess. Good luck rest of the way.

Let's face the truth. Each year Upperman wins 25 games and when the tournament comes, they choke! The players start worrying about who's going to get the points and attention and the coach just falls apart. I mean, the record speaks for itself. The polls don't mean a thing! That's why they play the games!!!!

That is not what happened to Upperman, they don't worrying about who's going to get the points and attention and the coach just falls apart. So if that is your theory is that what happened to McMinn Central when LA put them out? Upperman and Central are both great teams and now they have one thing in common LA beat them this year.

Congrats to LA you played a great game and desreved the win but to settled the argument with you and upperman the best team in the state didnt show up last night. I would put McMinn Central up against LA 10 times and Central would win at least 9 times and by 10 or more points, i however would not want to play upperman again they are a very good team. But as i said congrats to you, but you didnt play the central team that was 34-0 .I dont know who that team was. I feel sorry for our girls that the wheels had to fall off at this point and dont understand what they where thinking or not thinking but ( and I'm not putting LA down) they should have been able to beat LA easily I dont know how upperman lost to LA. LA didnt look like a state tourn caliber team to me ,sorry. Upperman was a better team than LA by far and Im pretty sure the Central was also. Makes me wonder if Marshal Co. was put out on a fluke also. I seen four AA teams play yesterday and not one of them look state tourn. worthy.

I also dont wont to hear people blaming Coach Morgan, for years they want to say he starts changing stuff at this level and doesnt let the girls play there game. Well he stuck with the same game plan kept running in fresh legs and let the girls play but they blew it.

Best team in state The 34-0 Mcminn Central Chargerettes, LA you havent seen them and wont, be thankful its not a best two out of three. but then again so are we cause we may have not gotten by Upperman had it been.

Congrats again to LA on catching the best team in the state in a daze i guess. Good luck rest of the way.

Chargerettefan and Crow6424, I would just drop it because Upperman and Central are not in the running anymore and you are not doing these girls any justice by stirring the pot.

Central and Upperman had great teams this year but unfortunately it doesn??™t always work out. Congrats to both on a good season.

That made me laugh.

We have all these tournaments to determine who the "better" team is. Upperman failed one test in the region finals and lost to LA. However, they had a chance to make up for it. They get a second test, but they failed that test losing to McMinn Central (who didn't even have 2 of their starters on the floor the last few minutes)... Upperman failed 2 straight tests that determine the best teams in the state. LA did not. They passed with flying colors. Thats why LA got to move on the the state tournament where they beat a tough McMinn Central team in the first round.

I realize your a loyal Bee fan, but LA finished as the better team.

Maybe next year though... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I watched every match up between Livingston and Upperman this year and I also watched the Upperman vs. Central game. Hands down these are 3 great teams in their own right. All of this who is better LA or Upperman doesn't matter now. But let??™s all just be honest here, you know and I know NOONE wanted to travel to McMinn Central last week. You can??™t say and Central "who didn't even have 2 of their starters on the floor the last few minutes??? you really don??™t know about that game because you weren??™t there. I was there that night and I will tell anyone that game between Upperman and Central was a battle. It was a battle unlike any of the LA vs. Upperman games this year. The outcome of that game come down to the last minute. Central pulled out the win it was plain and simple. I won't even try to talk about why Upperman left this post season so early. I can tell you they lost to a very good Central team. I can also say without any reserves that Upperman had the talent to go to the state championship but it doesn??™t always work out that way.

I heard Lesley Smith on the radio before the game talking about how she had been in contact with Dana McWilliams about McMinn Central and she appreciated Dana??™s help. I love that. Even though through the season they probably can??™t stand each other but when it come down to it Dana would pull for LA. If the coaches can do it the fans should too.

Here are my thoughts, LA and Central made it to the dance, they were the best teams that showed up when it mattered. I??™m sure McMinn didn??™t expect the level of play that LA has because of their record. Records mean zero when it??™s MARCH MADNESS, anything can happen. The thing that has carried LA to this point is HEART along with talent but they are carried mostly by heart. That is the difference maker, HEART. Good luck to the Lady Cats I know I??™m cheering for them all the way.

That is not what happened to Upperman, they don't worrying about who's going to get the points and attention and the coach just falls apart. So if that is your theory is that what happened to McMinn Central when LA put them out? Upperman and Central are both great teams and now they have one thing in common LA beat them this year.

I didn't say anything about McMinn. Thay just got BEAT! I said look at Upperman's track record over the past several years and they always fold in pressure games. Read the post not between the lines!!

I think LA and Upperman proved that you were not the best in the state. You just barely got by Upperman at home and I'm sure if you played at Upperman you would have lost. LA's strength of schedule here on coacht is #1 in the state and your team is ranked #51. LA's losses came to teams like Upperman, Clarkrange, Cookeville, Jackson Co., and Shelbyville. LA was just well tested at the end of the year. LA beat Polk in the substate by 22. McMinn played Polk 4 times and only beat them by more than 22 only once and one time they beat Polk by only 4 points. I think the best team in the state is still playing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very interesting.