McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

92charger

Great game Lady Wildcats! LA is carrying on the tradition!!! We are on a 5 year cycle with Championships....this year is the year!

I think LA and Upperman proved that you were not the best in the state. You just barely got by Upperman at home and I'm sure if you played at Upperman you would have lost. LA's strength of schedule here on coacht is #1 in the state and your team is ranked #51. LA's losses came to teams like Upperman, Clarkrange, Cookeville, Jackson Co., and Shelbyville. LA was just well tested at the end of the year. LA beat Polk in the substate by 22. McMinn played Polk 4 times and only beat them by more than 22 only once and one time they beat Polk by only 4 points. I think the best team in the state is still playing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very interesting.

I couldn't have said it better.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to LA you played a great game and desreved the win but to settled the argument with you and upperman the best team in the state didnt show up last night. I would put McMinn Central up against LA 10 times and Central would win at least 9 times and by 10 or more points, i however would not want to play upperman again they are a very good team. But as i said congrats to you, but you didnt play the central team that was 34-0 .I dont know who that team was. I feel sorry for our girls that the wheels had to fall off at this point and dont understand what they where thinking or not thinking but ( and I'm not putting LA down) they should have been able to beat LA easily I dont know how upperman lost to LA. LA didnt look like a state tourn caliber team to me ,sorry. Upperman was a better team than LA by far and Im pretty sure the Central was also. Makes me wonder if Marshal Co. was put out on a fluke also. I seen four AA teams play yesterday and not one of them look state tourn. worthy.

I also dont wont to hear people blaming Coach Morgan, for years they want to say he starts changing stuff at this level and doesnt let the girls play there game. Well he stuck with the same game plan kept running in fresh legs and let the girls play but they blew it.

Best team in state The 34-0 Mcminn Central Chargerettes, LA you havent seen them and wont, be thankful its not a best two out of three. but then again so are we cause we may have not gotten by Upperman had it been.

Congrats again to LA on catching the best team in the state in a daze i guess. Good luck rest of the way.

34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1

Get the picture!!!!!!! Evidently the BEST team won because LA is still playing and McMinn and Upperman are done. Now stop whinning and making excuses. Don't take any team for granted because of their record. Better look at their HEART! H-O-G-E-Y-E H-O-G-E-Y-E T-N-T

I think LA and Upperman proved that you were not the best in the state. You just barely got by Upperman at home and I'm sure if you played at Upperman you would have lost. LA's strength of schedule here on coacht is #1 in the state and your team is ranked #51. LA's losses came to teams like Upperman, Clarkrange, Cookeville, Jackson Co., and Shelbyville. LA was just well tested at the end of the year. LA beat Polk in the substate by 22. McMinn played Polk 4 times and only beat them by more than 22 only once and one time they beat Polk by only 4 points. I think the best team in the state is still playing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very interesting.

Yeah Gibson Co. hasnt played yet so you may be right.

34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1 34-1

Get the picture!!!!!!! Evidently the BEST team won because LA is still playing and McMinn and Upperman are done. Now stop whinning and making excuses. Don't take any team for granted because of their record. Better look at their HEART! H-O-G-E-Y-E H-O-G-E-Y-E T-N-T

I think you guys can talk about the game all you want. Was not there but listened to it on the radio. Was suprised a little after seeing McMinn Central play. But you can never underestimate your opponent. But I do have one suggestion. Upperman is not playing so can you just talk about each other and leave them out of it. They had a great season and many of their players still have a great future with basketball. Its over and move on!!

I think you guys can talk about the game all you want. Was not there but listened to it on the radio. Was suprised a little after seeing McMinn Central play. But you can never underestimate your opponent. But I do have one suggestion. Upperman is not playing so can you just talk about each other and leave them out of it. They had a great season and many of their players still have a great future with basketball. Its over and move on!!

Agreed::: Now McMinn is out, Can we stop talking about them too?? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Congrats to LA you played a great game and desreved the win but to settled the argument with you and upperman the best team in the state didnt show up last night. I would put McMinn Central up against LA 10 times and Central would win at least 9 times and by 10 or more points, i however would not want to play upperman again they are a very good team. But as i said congrats to you, but you didnt play the central team that was 34-0 .I dont know who that team was. I feel sorry for our girls that the wheels had to fall off at this point and dont understand what they where thinking or not thinking but ( and I'm not putting LA down) they should have been able to beat LA easily I dont know how upperman lost to LA. LA didnt look like a state tourn caliber team to me ,sorry. Upperman was a better team than LA by far and Im pretty sure the Central was also. Makes me wonder if Marshal Co. was put out on a fluke also. I seen four AA teams play yesterday and not one of them look state tourn. worthy.

I also dont wont to hear people blaming Coach Morgan, for years they want to say he starts changing stuff at this level and doesnt let the girls play there game. Well he stuck with the same game plan kept running in fresh legs and let the girls play but they blew it.

Best team in state The 34-0 Mcminn Central Chargerettes, LA you havent seen them and wont, be thankful its not a best two out of three. but then again so are we cause we may have not gotten by Upperman had it been.

Congrats again to LA on catching the best team in the state in a daze i guess. Good luck rest of the way.

Now just take a minute and think about a little history of the games between LA and McMinn Central..............out of 4 games between these 2 teams under Coach Smith's tenure, LA is 3 out of 4. It is always an honor to play McMinn Central because that means the next level has been reached and the team that wins advances.

Now just take a minute and think about a little history of the games between LA and McMinn Central..............out of 4 games between these 2 teams under Coach Smith's tenure, LA is 3 out of 4. It is always an honor to play McMinn Central because that means the next level has been reached and the team that wins advances.

I really like the picture on your last post . Sure would look good with this years model sitting beside it.

Please don't come on this board underhandedly slapping our girls!!! Your post at best is a nice way of saying you are a sore loser. Beat LA 9 out of 10 times??? Really? I doubt that very seriously. I am sure it would be a great match up 10 times but 9 out of 10 is cocky, arrogant, and closed minded to fact that LA is a good team, playing their best ball at the right time. Isn't that what this time of the year is about? I have been told that Central was playing some of their best ball right now, you must have been or you could not have beaten Upperman. Central girls gave a great effort, had the momentum at the half and had it half way thru the 3rd quarter. A 9 point lead, at the time was the largest lead for either team. Let's not hear about a daze. And yes we played the same Central team that went 34-0, you just happened to play a quality team that yes you are "trying not to put down" to make yourself feel better about losing and I am sure LA fans, me as i post, do not appreciate it. LA girls just did not lay down after being down to the undefeated McMinn Central Chargerettes, they wanted to further their season and did what hey had to do win the game. Central had the same oppputunity that LA had in this game and LA didn't do anything out of the norm. They didn't wear capes, use the "force", or use magic. They showed to play ball and won fair and square and the more I post the more I resent your remarks about our team.

I also resent the remark about LA not being state tourney caliber. That is not a very smart comment. 7-AA sends quality teams year in and year out to the state and this year is no different. You should know that. LA did not back into the tourney. Because of an injury or two and a brutal schedule (which we have not whined about) we had to play the best to get to this point. We just happen to be relatively healthy and our schedule is paying off. We may not win another game, but it will not be because we are not a state caliber team. We have had nothing for your team but respect, you chargerettefan certainly seem to have none for ours.

Thanks for the Good luck wishes, but the way I read it...It could be tongue in cheek.

GO HOG-EYE!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Congrats to LA what a win!!!.... Some folks don't know these girls, there is talent all the way around just not with one or two girls it takes a team to win and that's what LA did last night came together as a team and Won. It was a hard fought battle but they didn't give up. If these girls play as the team they did last night. They will bring home the Gold! It has took all year for them to get their wits about them and understand it takes the team to play ball. You win as a team and Lose as one. They have lost thier share so lets get with it girls and finish what you started.

There is no feeling like Having that gold ball for the determination and the sacrifice that you have made through it all. I hope you girls get that chance to know this. It is within your reach. Goodluck to them all, Congrats to A. Sells for having a Great Game...she was the one that turned it around so who's turn is it next? Killer and Sells have had Great Games in the Tourney, so wonder who's next?? Is it time for MAC SELLS, What About Taylor? She handled that ball as well as could be expected with the pressure she had. Addy hung in there got those jump balls!! Killer with those rebounds...We will see...Makes for exciting Ball games...GO LA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

Please don't come on this board underhandedly slapping our girls!!! Your post at best is a nice way of saying you are a sore loser. Beat LA 9 out of 10 times??? Really? I doubt that very seriously. I am sure it would be a great match up 10 times but 9 out of 10 is cocky, arrogant, and closed minded to fact that LA is a good team, playing their best ball at the right time. Isn't that what this time of the year is about? I have been told that Central was playing some of their best ball right now, you must have been or you could not have beaten Upperman. Central girls gave a great effort, had the momentum at the half and had it half way thru the 3rd quarter. A 9 point lead, at the time was the largest lead for either team. Let's not hear about a daze. And yes we played the same Central team that went 34-0, you just happened to play a quality team that yes you are "trying not to put down" to make yourself feel better about losing and I am sure LA fans, me as i post, do not appreciate it. LA girls just did not lay down after being down to the undefeated McMinn Central Chargerettes, they wanted to further their season and did what hey had to do win the game. Central had the same oppputunity that LA had in this game and LA didn't do anything out of the norm. They didn't wear capes, use the "force", or use magic. They showed to play ball and won fair and square and the more I post the more I resent your remarks about our team.

I also resent the remark about LA not being state tourney caliber. That is not a very smart comment. 7-AA sends quality teams year in and year out to the state and this year is no different. You should know that. LA did not back into the tourney. Because of an injury or two and a brutal schedule (which we have not whined about) we had to play the best to get to this point. We just happen to be relatively healthy and our schedule is paying off. We may not win another game, but it will not be because we are not a state caliber team. We have had nothing for your team but respect, you chargerettefan certainly seem to have none for ours.

Thanks for the Good luck wishes, but the way I read it...It could be tongue in cheek.

GO HOG-EYE!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Well Said BigDaddy_1 They just don't know who they are messing with!

You wouldn't be just a little biased would you chargerettefan !!! To say that McMinn Central would beat LA 9 out of 10 sounds like sour grapes to me. My can't you just face the fact for whatever reason that LA girls was the better team this year or last night and let it go. Don't try and tarnish the year that your team had by making excuses. Give our girls just a little respect b/c they work harder or as hard as any team in the state. We're just like you we take our sports serious too.

Good post Bigdaddy ....wildstang.....7Awatcher.....and Warrior85. All valid points made about the LA girls. I especially liked 7Awatcher and Warrior 85's post about the caliber of teams that LA has played this year. Lots of folks don't believe that the harder the schedule you play benefits your team when you are on this stage, but I totally disagree. Did it make a shot for us or grab a rebound or make a steal no, but when we fell behind we didn't panic we turned it up a notch or 2 and took control of the game. If our girls hadn't ever been in that situation before they might have folded like many unexperienced teams do. JMHO

Next........getting ready for Westview