McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

92charger

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't be just a little biased would you chargerettefan !!! To say that McMinn Central would beat LA 9 out of 10 sounds like sour grapes to me. My can't you just face the fact for whatever reason that LA girls was the better team this year or last night and let it go. Don't try and tarnish the year that your team had by making excuses. Give our girls just a little respect b/c they work harder or as hard as any team in the state. We're just like you we take our sports serious too.

Next........getting ready for Westview

Hey Rocking Chair I sure hope Chargerettefan enjoys seeing the picture of A. Sells cause they saw plenty of her last night! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let's see. LA is still playing and McMinn and Upperman aren't. Why don't you start another thread under "cryababies" or "sore losers" or "wait 'til next year" or why don't you just move on to the softball thread? This is about LA because they are S-T-I-L-L playing!!!!!!!!

Congrats to LA you played a great game and desreved the win but to settled the argument with you and upperman the best team in the state didnt show up last night. I would put McMinn Central up against LA 10 times and Central would win at least 9 times and by 10 or more points, i however would not want to play upperman again they are a very good team. But as i said congrats to you, but you didnt play the central team that was 34-0 .I dont know who that team was. I feel sorry for our girls that the wheels had to fall off at this point and dont understand what they where thinking or not thinking but ( and I'm not putting LA down) they should have been able to beat LA easily I dont know how upperman lost to LA. LA didnt look like a state tourn caliber team to me ,sorry. Upperman was a better team than LA by far and Im pretty sure the Central was also. Makes me wonder if Marshal Co. was put out on a fluke also. I seen four AA teams play yesterday and not one of them look state tourn. worthy.

I also dont wont to hear people blaming Coach Morgan, for years they want to say he starts changing stuff at this level and doesnt let the girls play there game. Well he stuck with the same game plan kept running in fresh legs and let the girls play but they blew it.

Best team in state The 34-0 Mcminn Central Chargerettes, LA you havent seen them and wont, be thankful its not a best two out of three. but then again so are we cause we may have not gotten by Upperman had it been.

Congrats again to LA on catching the best team in the state in a daze i guess. Good luck rest of the way.

It is sometimes hard to admit that you got beat by a better team.........There's no doubt McMinn Cen. had a very good team.............LA just happened to be better............Did you ever stop to think that your team's 'wheels' didn't fall off by themselves...........They were knocked off by LA..........LA's defense is what put your team in a daze....Sorry, but you're not used to facing the hard-nosed defense like the Upper Cumberland plays............................Don't blame the girls for losing. Maybe if your coach would schedule a few games out in the real world, rather than trying to pad a season record, then you might be able to go futher once you play REAL competition.--------------By the way; Your "best team" in the state is not 34-0--------------It's 34-1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Rocking Chair I sure hope Chargerettefan enjoys seeing the picture of A. Sells cause they saw plenty of her last night! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah that they did. I really liked the post wildstang made about who will step up next. Killer had a KILLER game against Polk...A. Sells last night. Who will be next ?? I really believe that it doesn't matter who it is ,if someone is having a bad game our girls pull up the slack. A real unselfish ball team that has but one goal.....Gold Ball.

I tried to pull up a picture of 3 or 4 of our players but forgot how to do it. It was easy to pull up Allisa's (sp) maybe I will figure it out after we win friday and have a group pic for saturday. It's all about team. But she really did have a great game.

A Central fan ask a hog-eye fan last night after the game. Does that #22 shoot like that all the time. And my friend told him yes.... not just this year but ever since the 7th grade she has shot that way.

POINTS OFF TURNOVERS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 1 0 12 6 - 19

McMinn Central.......... 0 4 3 7 - 14

POINTS IN PAINT 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 8 4 0 2 - 14

McMinn Central.......... 2 6 2 8 - 18

2ND CHANCE POINTS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 0 0 5 0 - 5

McMinn Central.......... 5 1 5 6 - 17

FAST BREAK POINTS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 0 0 0 0 - 0

McMinn Central.......... 0 2 0 0 - 2

BENCH POINTS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 3 0 0 2 - 5

McMinn Central.......... 3 1 1 7 - 12

SCORE TIED BY 1 2 3 4 - Tot

McMinn Central.......... 0 1 0 0 - 1

LEAD GAINED BY 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 0 0 2 0 - 2

McMinn Central.......... 0 1 1 0 - 2

chargerette fan....Your team had more points in the paint, 2nd chance points, fast break points, and bench points. I believe your team played better than you are giving them credit for. However you are not giving our team credit for a defense that created turnovers and capitalized on them. And that 5 points wasn't the difference in the game 's final score, it was 10. Seems to me two good teams faced off and only one could win. Great job LA.

I will move on now. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Congrats to LA you played a great game and desreved the win but to settled the argument with you and upperman the best team in the state didnt show up last night. I would put McMinn Central up against LA 10 times and Central would win at least 9 times and by 10 or more points, i however would not want to play upperman again they are a very good team. But as i said congrats to you, but you didnt play the central team that was 34-0 .I dont know who that team was. I feel sorry for our girls that the wheels had to fall off at this point and dont understand what they where thinking or not thinking but ( and I'm not putting LA down) they should have been able to beat LA easily I dont know how upperman lost to LA. LA didnt look like a state tourn caliber team to me ,sorry. Upperman was a better team than LA by far and Im pretty sure the Central was also. Makes me wonder if Marshal Co. was put out on a fluke also. I seen four AA teams play yesterday and not one of them look state tourn. worthy.

I also dont wont to hear people blaming Coach Morgan, for years they want to say he starts changing stuff at this level and doesnt let the girls play there game. Well he stuck with the same game plan kept running in fresh legs and let the girls play but they blew it.

Best team in state The 34-0 Mcminn Central Chargerettes, LA you havent seen them and wont, be thankful its not a best two out of three. but then again so are we cause we may have not gotten by Upperman had it been.

Congrats again to LA on catching the best team in the state in a daze i guess. Good luck rest of the way.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I have read this post and read this post trying to figure how you say That McMinn was the best team. Most people know that at any given time that any team can be beat. Tuesday, your team might have been the best of whom ever you last played(Upperman). Wed. they where not the better team. I haven't kept up with to much ball this year due to circumstance beyond my control, so i have had to rely on rumors and thats what I call them till I see for myself. The hype that LA couldn't get past McMinn Central was all I was hearing. I had to make it to the boro to see this team that beat Upperman and was predicted to beat LA. I have watched these two teams for years and know alot of these kids that play personally. I Just had to see this team of yours that was going to slay both of our teams from upper cumberland.

There is one thing that McMinn Central forgot to add to their playbook and that was the play that you try to run to change the atmosphere that LA and Upperman both brought to the boro with them. Yea, you beat Upperman and was trying your darndest to beat LA. These two teams might be rivals on the floor, but a lot of these kids play together elsewhere and some are good friends. LA showed up to play last night with Upperman fans in the stands supporting LA players so that we can represent our district and show how we come together and slay the so called McMinn Central Giant. MMC, no doubt has tremendous talent, mistakes were made and the biggest one was under estimating their opponent. If your the best, you finish what you started. You keep saying your not putting LA down, but in your post that Upperman was by far the better team of them and LA. That MMC would beat LA 9 out of ten times. I myself was surprised that LA didn't beat MMC worse, cause they didn't play as well as I have seen them play. I also have seen them play worse. What it comes down to its a game thats what its all about it who plays the game better when it counts.

I hope you are not being blind to the talent that LA has, they do have talent.Did ya see sells I think hit how many 3ptrs in a row? After the first two i think i would be wondering who was guarding her. That's what we call DEFENSE!! Which MMC lacked. Are ya trying to say the worst teams are going to win? I quess i am not understanding your reasoning for the things you have said. It is kinda like when the boss comes up and tells you what a good job you do but we going to have to send you home. That's what I call a pat on the back and ###### in your boot kinda thing!!

I am not saying LA is the best team right now but they beat MMC so that makes them better than them for now and they Have another game to get past before I can even remotely think they are going to be in the running for top dog spot. IF they come to play they have a great chance of being the best. I hope they do and looking forward to see these games.

Congrats to MMC for the great season they had it takes alot of hard work to have done that. Good luck next year in accomplishing the same. I truely mean that just when you get in T time hope Upperman or LA sends you home again. With all due respect!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

POINTS OFF TURNOVERS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 1 0 12 6 - 19

McMinn Central.......... 0 4 3 7 - 14

POINTS IN PAINT 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 8 4 0 2 - 14

McMinn Central.......... 2 6 2 8 - 18

2ND CHANCE POINTS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 0 0 5 0 - 5

McMinn Central.......... 5 1 5 6 - 17

FAST BREAK POINTS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

McMinn Central.......... 0 2 0 0 - 2

BENCH POINTS 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 3 0 0 2 - 5

McMinn Central.......... 3 1 1 7 - 12

SCORE TIED BY 1 2 3 4 - Tot

McMinn Central.......... 0 1 0 0 - 1

LEAD GAINED BY 1 2 3 4 - Tot

Livingston Academy...... 0 0 2 0 - 2

McMinn Central.......... 0 1 1 0 - 2

chargerette fan....Your team had more points in the paint, 2nd chance points, fast break points, and bench points. I believe your team played better than you are giving them credit for. However you are not giving our team credit for a defense that created turnovers and capitalized on them. And that 5 points wasn't the difference in the game 's final score, it was 10. Seems to me two good teams faced off and only one could win. Great job LA.

I will move on now. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Tale of the tape............the #'s don't lie.........good job BD....Let's move on to Westwiew.........another team that is extremely dangerous. It will take a good effort by all our girls. I want to say that the girls that come off the bench have played some big mins for LA. Hey girls don't think for a second that your role is not important because it is just as important as a starter in many ways. It's called again I say ...........TEAM

LA has not been given the credit they deserve for this win. On paper, McMinn was they better team, but on they floor things are different. The paper says LA has struggled some this year (not true, this is the first time they have all been healthy and have came together at the right time). McMinn had a very good team this year but the simple fact is LA came better prepared for this game and was rewarded with a win. Congrats to McMinn on a good year, and i hope LA can keep winning.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> She is following through with her shot!!

http://photos.tennessee.coacht.com/2009/11/82396/view

That is not what happened to Upperman, they don't worrying about who's going to get the points and attention and the coach just falls apart. So if that is your theory is that what happened to McMinn Central when LA put them out? Upperman and Central are both great teams and now they have one thing in common LA beat them this year.

Actually, I partly agree with that guy. The same thing happens to Upperman every year. I don't think that the players are worried about points, but pretty much all of the blame can be placed on Coach McWilliams not having her team ready for post-season play.

None of that matters now. LA is still in it and they still have a job to do!

Here are my thoughts, LA and Central made it to the dance, they were the best teams that showed up when it mattered. I??™m sure McMinn didn??™t expect the level of play that LA has because of their record. Records mean zero when it??™s MARCH MADNESS, anything can happen. The thing that has carried LA to this point is HEART along with talent but they are carried mostly by heart. That is the difference maker, HEART. Good luck to the Lady Cats I know I??™m cheering for them all the way.

The difference maker is coaching. The coach keeps the team fighting, keeps the team wanting, and keeps the team's heart and desire at a high level.

Coaching is how LA manages to beat Upperman and McMinn. They are the better teams on paper and maybe even talent wise. However, when push comes to shove Coach Smith will win when it matters most. The LA girls have done a great job throughout the season by keeping their heads up when some of the LA fans were doubting their abilities. They kept playing and it is paying off.