Lake Co vs Oliver Springs

mrbigster

It's obvious some of these Lake County fans are starved for some type of attention with these CRAZY comparisons. You typically see this when a team that has zero tradition finally makes their first state tourney appearance and hales from a district/region not known across the state for it's basketball prowess.

The TT flowers kid has potential. However, it's ridiculous ( a word becoming common with LC posters) to say TT flowers has more potential than a player of KC's caliber.

KC led her team to the state tourney as a Freshman. KC led her team to the state championship game as a sophomore.

And rest assured KC has played 10 times more difficult competition in any of her four seasons than the TT flowers kid will play in all four years of her basketball competition.

The bottom line is this- Lake County didn't pose any threat to Oliver Springs. OS didn't want to need to expend energy in beating Lake Country. The Flowers kid was out of control and undisciplined and OS allowed her to score points as long as they controlled the game.

That's not the sign of a great player. It's the sign of a good player who has some athleticims who plays on an undisciplined team that's not accustomed to playing elite competition.

Lake County wasn't a good enough team to see KC go off on them. She didn;t have to.

She usually only does this when playing the Knox Webb's, Clarkranges, jackson County, and other elite competition. When playing competition like Lake Country who OS can beat and control the game, there is no reason for her to go off- especially when Hall and other OS players are playing outstanding basketball.

If Lake Country played Clarkrange, you would see the same thing. Clarkrange winning by double digits and TT flowers having 20 or so shots and playing erratic basketball. She would be the leading scorer, but play on the losing team.

The high basketball IQ type of disciplined teams will beat the erratic out of control teams every time at the state tourney.

My suggestion to Lake County is play a tough Out of District Schedule next season - perhaps traveling to play high basketball IQ teams. It's the only way Lake County has a chance to win games in the state tourney the next couple of years. Otherwise get use to ONE and done and coming on this board and attempting to inject TT flowers name with higher regarded players like KC as attempt to get a consolation prize.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen girls like her try to play at Chattanooga and can't. They stay one year and then are gone. She better get a left hand and outside shot or she will sitting on the bench at that BIG TIME DI school. If you guys keep on telling her how good she is she will never get better. There is room for improvement and she can be a great player If she works on a few things.

Your IQ in general is low.....learn to spell! If you think being an athlete means undisciplined your badly mistaken! We will see in years to come. While KC plays at UT Chatt and TT plays BIG TIME DI in a few years.. Done talking to stupid people!

sbl

PS your brain is undisciplined!

UT Chattanooga- you have got to be kidding me, yea we hear alot about that dominating womens basketball program don't we. To bad she signed there, I hear Roane State CC has a few scholarships left. She can't play D-1 ball, no way. I don't care about LC double teaming her, Kinney shut her down all by herself for most of the game. Christopher is good but SHE AIN'T ALL THAT!

UT- Chattanooga has been to 9 NCAA tourneys in the last 10 years and is a bigtime mid major program.

Also, it's obvious you are new to the basketball scene. Often times when you have a low basketball IQ and are from some obscure little county in rural west tn not known for anything except dirt road it makes sense why Lake County fans would come onto this board and flame a player and attempt to upgrade some undisciplined freshman who is out of control and has a lot to learn about playing basketball at an elite level. As Lake County fans found out, playing rec ball at the local gym doesn't win state tourney games. Playing half court basketball and understanding game situations is what wins.

Speaking at the insults at KC slecting UTC over bigtime programs, she was offered and heavily recruited by national major programs- including a top 10 division 1 team. She chose to go to UTC. It was what she wanted and Chattanooga has a great class coming and could easily be a top 25 team over the next 4 years. Of course, why I am even attempting to inject rational logic into this post is beyond me considering the audience is Lake County fans who have shown they intellectually bankrupt when discussing basketball at at state and college level.

KC knows when to score points. She went off for 40 poitns against a team called Knox Webb. She does whatever it takes to win. Hall and Ollis were huge against Lake County in the half court set. There was no reason for KC to take the game in her hands and go off for 30 points or so. Why would she? OS was not in jeapordy of losing. OS let Flowers play her street brand of basketball. The objective was to advance. OS did that. Lake Country failed at their mission. Considering the brand of basketball Lake county plays, it make sense why they are chest thumping over some undisciplined freshman scoring points. Could you imagine OS fans chest thumping when KC oustscored players on Clarkrange and Webb this year even though OS lost the game? That would be embarrassing.

Let's be honest. Lake County would have barely made the regions in East Tennesse districts. The team is nothing spectacular and a product of weak single A basketball in West Tennessee.

Your single a bball IQ is not very good! 14a and clarkrange's distrcit are probably the 2 toughest in the state...Especially when you look at tradition....in our district resides Gleason and Bradford....as well as Trenton....seems like all these girls team have won multiple gold balls.....We have a very ultra competitive district that stacks up with yalls....like i said, KC was the most complete player on the floor, but Flowers was the most athletic with the most upside.....This is a freshman goofy.....that handled the big stage rather well! Did tremendous to lead her team here through 3 top 5 teams in a row....so give credit where credit is due...quit being a turd! Congrats to KC and OS on the win!

sbl

UT- Chattanooga has been to 9 NCAA tourneys in the last 10 years and is a bigtime mid major program.

Also, it's obvious you are new to the basketball scene. Often times when you have a low basketball IQ and are from some obscure little county in rural west tn not known for anything except dirt road it makes sense why Lake County fans would come onto this board and flame a player and attempt to upgrade some undisciplined freshman who is out of control and has a lot to learn about playing basketball at an elite level. As Lake County fans found out, playing rec ball at the local gym doesn't win state tourney games. Playing half court basketball and understanding game situations is what wins. KC was offered and heavily recruited by national major programs- including a top 10 division 1 team. She chose to go to UTC. KS knows when to score points. She went off for 40 poitns against a team called Knox Webb. She does whatever it takes to win. Hall and Ollis were huge against Lake County in the halfcourt set. There was no reason for KC to take the game in her hands and go off for 30 points or so. Why would she? OS was not in jeapordy of losing. OS let Flowers play her street brand of basketball. The objective was to advance. OS did that. Lake Country failed at their mission.

Let's be honest. Lake County would have barely made the regions in East Tennesse districts. The team is nothing spectacular and a product of weak single A basketball in West Tennessee.

Your single a bball IQ is not very good! 14a and clarkrange's distrcit are probably the 2 toughest in the state...Especially when you look at tradition....in our district resides Gleason and Bradford....as well as Trenton....seems like all these girls team have won multiple gold balls.....We have a very ultra competitive district that stacks up with yalls....like i said, KC was the most complete player on the floor, but Flowers was the most athletic with the most upside.....This is a freshman goofy.....that handled the big stage rather well! Did tremendous to lead her team here through 3 top 5 teams in a row....so give credit where credit is due...quit being a turd! Congrats to KC and OS on the win!

sbl

First off- I am not well versed in your rural expressions ( using the word turd). I suggest upgrading your communication skills.

Secondly, When you say Flowers has more "upside" it comedy. How do you know this? Are you certain FLowers will be one of the top prospects in America ranked on HoopsGurl on Espn? Are you Certain Flowers will lead her team to the AAU national championship? Are you certain Flowers will accomplish all that KC has done?

The upside argument is comical.

I know a second grader at Oliver SPrings elementary who can dribble behind her back and has a killer cross over.

I am on record as now saying this little girl has more "upside" than TT flowers.

See how this works?

Good luck to lake county, NEXT YEAR since that's when their next game is.

Ask Rutgers if they remember UTC in the NCAA Tournament. Chattanooga is like Butler and Gonzage on the men's side, they're a mid major school that can play with the big boys. They gave the Lady Vols a fit this year and had a chance to win at the end. Not many SEC schools can say that.

Excuse me.....forgot you were an isolated mountain man! Turd as POO! As in your a jerk! Seems to me that your !

Good Luck this year! Cause you wont have a chance the next three!

Done!

sbl

First off- I am not well versed in your rural expressions ( using the word turd). I suggest upgrading your communication skills.

Secondly, When you say Flowers has more "upside" it comedy. How do you know this? Are you certain FLowers will be one of the top prospects in America ranked on HoopsGurl on Espn? Are you Certain Flowers will lead her team to the AAU national championship? Are you certain Flowers will accomplish all that KC has done?

The upside argument is comical.

I know a second grader at Oliver SPrings elementary who can dribble behind her back and has a killer cross over.

I am on record as now saying this little girl has more "upside" than TT flowers.

See how this works?

Good luck to lake county, NEXT YEAR since that's when their next game is.

Chill

Excuse me.....forgot you were an isolated mountain man! Turd as POO! As in your a jerk! Seems to me that your kinda of racist and these black kids are undisciplined and out of control.....cant help you never see this kinda of athlete UP there in those smokeys!

Done!

sbl

WOW. JUST WOW

Here is a suggestion- If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. It's that simple. OS fans would have given the Flowers kid a lot of credit if LC fans didn't attempt to say she has more upside than KC, will be better, and knock on her choice of choosing UTC. KC could have gone to SEC, Big East, and other bigtime conferences, but chose a great UTC program.

Your team and it's great freshman with the oustanding "upside" was beaten. Registering? Chill on that subject

Excuse me.....forgot you were an isolated mountain man! Turd as POO! As in your a jerk! Seems to me that your kinda of racist and these black kids are undisciplined and out of control.....cant help you never see this kinda of athlete UP there in those smokeys!

Done!

sbl

Thats funny!!! I don't think OS91 lives in the Smokeys. He does not live in East Tennessee at all

OS fans may think I'm crazy here, but TT reminded me a little of former OS great Laura Hall. She doesn't have the ball handling or outside shooting skills that Laura had, but she has that fearless streak about her. I remember how Laura, all 5'4", 105 pounds of her, would take it to the basket against anyone, no matter how big and she had the strength to finish. TT had that fearlessness to her. Now if she has the work ethic Laura had then she will develop into a truly great player, but like Regal said- don't tell her how great she is, tell her how to get better. People saying she can't shoot, doesn't have discipline and things like that should be enough to fuel her fire. I know all of those folks that said Laura wasn't big enough to play in high school or college helped motivate her into a three-time all-state selection and an all-conference selection in college. She also had a chance to play in the WNBA.

OS fans may think I'm crazy here, but TT reminded me a little of former OS great Laura Hall. She doesn't have the ball handling or outside shooting skills that Laura had, but she has that fearless streak about her. I remember how Laura, all 5'4", 105 pounds of her, would take it to the basket against anyone, no matter how big and she had the strength to finish. TT had that fearlessness to her. Now if she has the work ethic Laura had then she will develop into a truly great player, but like Regal said- don't tell her how great she is, tell her how to get better. People saying she can't shoot, doesn't have discipline and things like that should be enough to fuel her fire. I know all of those folks that said Laura wasn't big enough to play in high school or college helped motivate her into a three-time all-state selection and an all-conference selection in college. She also had a chance to play in the WNBA.

Great Post, Goose.

At 5'4 TT Flowers will have to learn to play a halfcourt offensive game and develop a deadly 3 point shot if she wants to take her game to the next level like Hall. In high school, you can drive on players at 5'4 and succeed- especially in Single A basketball. Hall played in AA. It's a world of difference when you play in college, AAU, and in state tournies at 5'4. You have to develop passing and shooting in a halfcourt set. Flowers will have to learn to become a complete PG to play college basketball. Right now she probably plays a lot like a 2 guard or small forward and is a scorer. That would bode well if she was 5'10, but since she is 5'4 and plays like a scorer, that won't be appealing to college recruiters who only want 5'4 players as a PG who can shoot, pass, and lead a team as a PG.

This is where Flowers will have to change her game the next three years if she wants to become a national recruit. If she doesn't she will be a very good high school player in single A basketball, but will find it difficult becoming a college prospect unless she works at becoming a complete PG.