Lake Co vs Oliver Springs

mrbigster

Let's be honest. Lake County would have barely made the regions in East Tennesse districts. The team is nothing spectacular and a product of weak single A basketball in West Tennessee.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but at least if you are going to post things like you just did above, please get a little informed. This is the "product of weak single A basketball in West Tennessee" So let's be honest, these are the facts! (Bradford, Gleason, Peabody are all in District 14-A and seem to have done pretty well when playing against the rest of the state)

STATE CHAMPIONS STATE RUNNER UPS

2007 Gleason (35-1) 2005 USJ (26-10)

2005 Peabody (30-5) 2004 Peabody (31-5)

2003 Peabody (33-3) 1995 Bradford (30-5)

2000 Bradford (36-0) 1993 Gleason (33-3)

1999 Gleason (32-4) 1991 Bradford (32-2)

1998 Bradford (33-1) 1989 Denmark West (26-7)

1997 Bradford (33-2) 1995 Bradford (30-5)

1996 Bradford (30-5) 1993 Gleason (33-3)

1993 Bradford (33-2) 1991 Bradford (32-2)

1992 Gleason (33-3) 1989 Denmark West (26-7)

1992 Gleason (33-3)

1982 Bradford (32-2)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well aware of Gleason, Peabody, and Bradford's accomplishments. However, this years editions of teams fall way short in resembling those past teams who did damage in the state tournaments in those years. You can even look at Coacht.com schedules of all the teams from the district and see they didn't play any good teams out of district and when they did they were thumped by 35 points or so.

The point is the district had 3 20 win teams, yet that's not reflective of those teams being great. It's a reflection of having average, bad, to very bad teams in the district and area this year. We know this based off how the upper teams in the district performed when playing teams like Gibson county and other elite team in the state. While that was few and far between, it ended in a bad loss.

Btw, I am only speaking of this year- not past years. District 14-a had some good single A teams, but not one elite single A team. OS played Gleason for the state championship in 2007. No district 14a team is close to resembling the caliber of that Gleason team.

Also, it should be noted that OS hardly played one of it's best games of the year yesterday.

Lets' compare scheduling of out of district opponents of Lake County and Oliver Springs

Both teams lost 8 or so games.

Lake County lost to teams that were not considered an elite Class A team in their games - with almost all their losses coming in district play. LC beat up on weaker Class A and out of district opponents in the area that were average to below average teams.

Oliver Springs lost to these teams twice:

Knox Webb ( ranked in USA today top 25 last year and top Private school in state this year). Knox Webb has a UT signee in Faith Dupree and CUSA PG signee. They also had Glory Johnson last year who is at UT this year.

Jackson County ranked #2 in Class A most of the year.

Clarkrange ranked #1 in Class A all of the year. Possibly the best team in the state in all classifications.

Clinton 22-9 Class AAA team that made the Regional AAA semifinals losing to Powell who is playing in Class AAA tourney.

York Institute- traditional class AA team from the plateau.

When you compare the two schools and you take into account who each schedules out of district, it's no contest. OS's program does this intentionally. Lake County feasts of below average competition this year.

My comment was spot on. Lake County is good, but would not have made it out of the regions in other regions.

Lets' compare scheduling of out of district opponents of Lake County and Oliver Springs

Lake County lost to teams that were not considered an elite Class A team in their games - with almost all their losses coming in district play. LC beat up on weaker Class A and out of district opponents in the area that were average to below average teams.

Knox Webb ( ranked in USA today top 25 last year and top Private school in state this year). Knox Webb has a UT signee in Faith Dupree and CUSA PG signee. They also had Glory Johnson last year who is at UT this year.

Clarkrange ranked #1 in Class A all of the year. Possibly the best team in the state in all classifications.

Clinton 22-9 Class AAA team that made the Regional AAA semifinals losing to Powell who is playing in Class AAA tourney.

When you compare the two schools and you take into account who each schedules out of district, it's no contest. OS's program does this intentionally. Lake County feasts of below average competition this year.

My comment was spot on. Lake County is good, but would not have made it out of the regions in other regions.

Can you believe the post that actually started this tirade simply said they thought that YESTERDAY TT was the best player on the floor in that particular game. I know that other posts have been made since then but that seems to be the actual post that started this ranting and raving. LC is a good basketball team or they would not have been playing yesterday. How many times have you seen LC play this year? Probably once...but that one time evidently made you an expert on LC basketball. Your team won yesterday....enjoy that win and stop trying to belittle our players and coaches.

"enjoy that win and stop trying to belittle our players and coaches. "

You can't be serious with this post. I don't even know where to begin with this.

Regarding the post TT was the best player on the floor yesterday, Candice Parker was outscored at UT by opposing players many times in her career, yet if an opposing fan stated their player was the best player on the floor they would have been laughed at by knowledgeable basketball fans.

There is a reason why I am laughing at you. I am not sure you possess the basketball IQ to realize why your comments are comedy.

As for an assertion that I belittled your coaches, where did I make this? You LC fans are a strange breed. You hurl all kinds of insults and throw assertions around and even play the race card, yet you cry victim in the ensuing posts.

Great Post, Goose.

At 5'4 TT Flowers will have to learn to play a halfcourt offensive game and develop a deadly 3 point shot if she wants to take her game to the next level like Hall. In high school, you can drive on players at 5'4 and succeed- especially in Single A basketball. Hall played in AA. It's a world of difference when you play in college, AAU, and in state tournies at 5'4. You have to develop passing and shooting in a halfcourt set. Flowers will have to learn to become a complete PG to play college basketball. Right now she probably plays a lot like a 2 guard or small forward and is a scorer. That would bode well if she was 5'10, but since she is 5'4 and plays like a scorer, that won't be appealing to college recruiters who only want 5'4 players as a PG who can shoot, pass, and lead a team as a PG.

This is where Flowers will have to change her game the next three years if she wants to become a national recruit. If she doesn't she will be a very good high school player in single A basketball, but will find it difficult becoming a college prospect unless she works at becoming a complete PG.

The program has her at 5'4 but I believe she's actually about 5'6..Plus..she's only 13 years old so I'm sure she's going to get taller and stronger..And T.T. does play on a AAU team..Believe she went to Florida and played with them in a tournament..Mostly girls from that area..KC should do great and T.T. will be a great player also..Coach Johnson said on the radio T.T. was the leader of the team and her work ethics were second to noone...And I know she hates to lose..Good luck to Oliver Springs against Clarkrange !

"enjoy that win and stop trying to belittle our players and coaches. "

You can't be serious with this post. I don't even know where to begin with this.

Regarding the post TT was the best player on the floor yesterday, Candice Parker was outscored at UT by opposing players many times, yet if an opposing fan stated their player was the best player on the floor they would have been laughed at.

There is a reason why I am laughing at you. I am not sure you have the basketball IQ to realize why though.

I didn't say I thought TT was the best player on the floor yesterday... I said that is what the post said. You have no idea what my IQ is... in basketball or anything so please don't try to act superior with me...it's not working at all. How many times have you seen LC play? You can't judge a team by one game. That's the only point that I am trying to make or do you have the IQ to figure that out? And why can't I be serious about that post? You haven't made any comments about LC that might seem offensive? Maybe if you had a higher IQ you would know where to begin. And look I'm laughing at you too.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm not going to argue with you about schedules..but do you think Jackson Co was really that good this year?They did lose to Pickett Co..a team that was beaten by Madison..Madison was beaten by Union City,the 5th place team in District 14A by 26 points

I'm not going to argue with you about schedules..but do you think Jackson Co was really that good this year?They did lose to Pickett Co..a team that was beaten by Madison..Madison was beaten by Union City,the 5th place team in District 14A

Yes- they were upset one game. Jackson County beat some outstanding teams this year- including AA semifinalists Livingston Academy twice, Cookeville ( AAA state tourney team), Brentwood Academy, in addition to playing Upperman to a 2 point game.

Again, you can't compare district 14a teams vs. OS, Clarkrange, and JC by their won loss records. The latter teams play oustanding out of district schedules while the 14a teams do not.

Yes- they were upset one game. Jackson County beat some outstanding teams this year- including AA semifinalists Livingston Academy twice, Cookeville ( AAA state tourney team), Brentwood Academy, in addition to playing Upperman to a 2 point game.

Again, you can't compare district 14a teams vs. OS, Clarkrange, and JC by their won loss records. The latter teams play oustanding out of district schedules while the 14a teams do not.

Also kind of hard to play out of district games when you are in a 10 team district and have to play 18 district games.

Alright, enough on Lake County. LC should be challenging for state tournaments in the next 2-3 years.

I will watch the evolution of the Flowers kid. This thread has defintely gotten my attention.

Good luck to her and LC in the future.

It's time to focus on tomorrow's opponent- Clarkrange.