MrNoitAll Mid-State Losers Week Number 1

MrNoitAll

Aw not let's not get too smart MrNoitAll. If it works for that coach then so be it, don't question how it is. Besides, the kids know when they do bad. They feel it. They don't need someone to tell them that anyways.

You are so right, they know when they play poorly. With good players the mistakes are ALWAYS in the back of their minds. Even as a coach you tell them when they screw up but you can't just focus on what they did wrong or it will consume them. They have to remember the things they do right so they still believe in themselves.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you were talking about MrNoitall, not knowitall. You really should have known!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

My bad, my hands were going to fast. Please except my wholehearted apology, I wouldn't purposely do you that way. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

To answer your first question, my teams are well aware when we lose and it??™s not all ??? they played a good game and that is all that matters???. LOL If you only knew me. I??™ll just say I take care of my teams. Yes, I yell and scream when I have to but you won??™t hear me leaving my girls negative vibe. I am pretty good at getting my point across, I praise them when they do things right but I??™m also the first to let them know when mess up. You know, you can be a smart a*$ all you want. If that makes you feel better and gives you self worth knock yourself out. But I just have one question for you, are you a coach?

I will have to say I agree with a lot of what you are saying. However, there is a difference between a masked anonymous man posting messages on a message board and a coach on the field humiliating and demeaning the players (and that goes for parents in the stands too!) I look at MrNoItAll's postings and all of these postings as informative and entertaining. A lot of these postings are opinions, and we are not forced to agree with them. Thank God we live in a free country where we can voice our opinion on any subject.

I think all players of all sports should be able to have the greatest respect for their coaches. Some players are luckier than others and have a coach that has earned their respect and strives to be a respectable person. However, some players do have that coach that is there for the wrong reasons (this could be a variety of things) and that player has to tough it out for the "love of the game." Like it or not, these coaches have been around for ages and will continue to be. It is my opinion that if a coach has to holler, yell and scream at a game, he/she has not been doing their job at practice. Yes, I say correct the girls at the game, as each game is a learning experience, but the players do not have to be humiliated in the process. There has to be a happy medium and no I don't think everyone should get a trophy and go home a winner! Coaches have a hard job and wear many hats and dealing with a group of teenage girls is a tough job.

If MrNoItAll is a coach, it is my opinion that he would not call his players losers or criticize them unmercifully. I think he knows a lot about different teams in the area and enjoys getting conversations going. Just think, if he just got on here and everything was sweet and rosy, it would be boring and no one would post conflicting messages. I enjoy reading the different opinions. Last season when our team was constantly listed as the losers and I would talk to my daughter about it, I think it made her want to try harder. She doesn't know MrNoItAll personally, so she does not take his "predictions" personally.

I agree with your post. I know it will make some kids play harder but some kids are to hard on themselves anyway. I believe in talking about the games and what went wrong and right in the game, who needs to step it up and who excelled. Debate is healthy and I will talk to him all day about different things but my point is the whole emphasis on the ???losers???. It may be entertaining but at who's cost, not ours. Entertaining or not they are still kids. I will say it again tacky. I have wasted too much of my time trying to make him see he may want to rethink his approach.

I agree with your post. I know it will make some kids play harder but some kids are to hard on themselves anyway. I believe in talking about the games and what went wrong and right in the game, who needs to step it up and who excelled. Debate is healthy and I will talk to him all day about different things but my point is the whole emphasis on the ???losers???. It may be entertaining but at who's cost, not ours. Entertaining or not they are still kids. I will say it again tacky. I have wasted too much of my time trying to make him see he may want to rethink his approach.

Okay, I agree, the word "loser" can be a bit harsh. I know at first it hurt when we read it about our team, but I really don't think he is using the word "loser" in an insulting way as much as he is just picking a loser for that game. I guess maybe it would be "healthier" to pick the "winners". I don't know how it got started and I guess I have just gotten used to it. Now if he phrased it "that team is a bunch of losers" then I would have a problem with it.

Okay, I agree, the word "loser" can be a bit harsh. I know at first it hurt when we read it about our team, but I really don't think he is using the word "loser" in an insulting way as much as he is just picking a loser for that game. I guess maybe it would be "healthier" to pick the "winners". I don't know how it got started and I guess I have just gotten used to it. Now if he phrased it "that team is a bunch of losers" then I would have a problem with it.

You are correct, refering to the losing team as the "loser" and the winning team as the "winner" is not too harsh.

Now, refering to Mr. Noitall as a "loser" is fine also, since I was the "winner" last year and he was(is) the "loser". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are correct, refering to the losing team as the "loser" and the winning team as the "winner" is not too harsh.

Now, refering to Mr. Noitall as a "loser" is fine also, since I was the "winner" last year and he was(is) the "loser". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would like to thank my best friend who always reminds me about last year and he is right because I was the loser......he won one more game than I did that makes him a winner, now friends lets think about this for a minute because he won one more game he won the contest! Just like in the game of softball if you team scores more than the other team your team is the loser....how hard can that be for the newbies on here to understand!

But this dumb question was asked last year is MrNoitAll a coach, umpire or what......well for your info for the last time yes I am an umpire, coach, fan, and "Birdies" ole man! I have seen more softball that most people on here and coach more than most and have umpire from rec league to high school. I have had daughters that have played and one who is still playing.......I have NEVER just let my kids win even "Little Bubba" playing pool I still try and beat them because I want them to understand what losing is and not to enjoy it. So for you all who are on the Losers list start winning!

Rmember if you don't score more runs than the other team you will be the LOSERS! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

how hard can that be for the newbies on here to understand!

But this dumb question was asked last year is MrNoitAll a coach, umpire or what......well for your info for the last time yes I am an umpire, coach, fan, and "Birdies" ole man! I have seen more softball that most people on here and coach more than most and have umpire from rec league to high school.

Well MrNoitAll I am no newbie. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I don't consider it a dumb question by asking if you were a coach. At 32 I have been a coach for 9 years and an Umpire for 7, my husband has umpired baseball and softball for over 15 years, and I would have never guessed you were ever a coach. It's evident to me you know a lot about the game, area teams and their play and but your approach to humor or amusement is not the same as any coach I have ever been around. Just to say the least Softball is a very big part of my life. Fast pitch or slow pitch it doesn't matter to me, whether I??™m playing coaching or just watching, if it's softball I'm there. I guess we will have to agree to disagree about your approach to entertainment at the players cost. You ever want to talk straight up plays, strategies, stupid calls, great plays or stupid plays I would love to but I will say it again your ???Losers??? board is tacky.

MrNoitAll, as much as you post why don't you pay CoachT and become a plus member?

I would like to thank my best friend who always reminds me about last year and he is right because I was the loser......he won one more game than I did that makes him a winner, now friends lets think about this for a minute because he won one more game he won the contest! Just like in the game of softball if you team scores more than the other team your team is the loser....how hard can that be for the newbies on here to understand!

But this dumb question was asked last year is MrNoitAll a coach, umpire or what......well for your info for the last time yes I am an umpire, coach, fan, and "Birdies" ole man! I have seen more softball that most people on here and coach more than most and have umpire from rec league to high school. I have had daughters that have played and one who is still playing.......I have NEVER just let my kids win even "Little Bubba" playing pool I still try and beat them because I want them to understand what losing is and not to enjoy it. So for you all who are on the Losers list start winning!

Rmember if you don't score more runs than the other team you will be the LOSERS! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

i played men's major fastpitch for years. but in our game of softball if my team scores more than the other team we were the winners!

MrNoitAll, as much as you post why don't you pay CoachT and become a plus member?

I guess you are not on a fixed income like I am. The only person working in our family is "Birdie" and I am tryin to get "Little Bubba" a job as soon as I can! I live in a very nice used double wide, my "Birdie" works two jobs and I wish she would try to find another if she could. We get all of the free stuff that your Uncle Sam gives away but they have not started to give away any dues to Coacht but with this new president you all have I am sure that is coming next. So please do not talk about the por until you live in the "park." /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

MrNoitAll I didn't reply last year and this is the only time you will see me reply this year!! A little Birdie informed me this afternoon that I'll be seeing you in a couple weeks and I'm ssoooooo looking forward to visiting the PARK /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />