Schedule Week of 3/9-3/15

lax4life32

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA is horrible. They got destroyed by the WA team. They will all weekend. I dont know why they went there. To make a statement or something to other TN teams. Well guess what? All I see is a horrible MBA team getting lit up. They can come back 6-3 for all I care. Serves em right.

MBA is horrible. They got destroyed by the WA team. They will all weekend. I dont know why they went there. To make a statement or something to other TN teams. Well guess what? All I see is a horrible MBA team getting lit up. They can come back 6-3 for all I care. Serves em right.

I'm not sure what you problem is, or why you are so concerned with whom MBA chooses to schedule. Other than the Jesuit Classic in DC, this tournament is probably the best tournament to which MBA could have traveled during their spring break. It features several state champions and runners-up from the Pacific Northwest, which is an area that plays some very good lacrosse. The only other team on MBA's schedule that will be of the same caliber of teams that they see this weekend might be McCallie. This is a very young MBA team with only five seniors on the roster, and I would consider it a successful trip if they came home with 1 win. If they come home winless, they will have still some very good experience against solid competition for their younger players, which should pay dividends later in the season. To say this MBA team is horrible is a pretty inaccurate statement. They are definintely young and they have played pretty carelessly in several games so far, but they have some very talented juniors and sophomores. They even have some freshmen playing who could be very good. They have solid play in the cage and at the faceoff x, and their middies are very good in transition. The attack isn't extremely dangerous in terms of dodging ability as a unit, but Garrett has shown ability to put the ball in the back of the net. MBA also lack's a really pure outside shooter. I think a lot of the success of this year's team will be determined by their ability to build depth and by the play of the defense as a unit, which does not feature any particularly dominate one-on-one players, but has shown cohesiveness as a group. This team plenty of potential, however, and outside of McCallie, I expect MBA to be competitive with and beat most of the other teams on its schedule. This team could easily go 13-5 or 14-4 and make a solid run for the playoffs. McCallie, however, is certainly the team to beat in TN this year.

Props to MBA for seeking quality out-of-state competition. The scores look pretty close. They did fairly well, and those games will only make them better when it comes time for the playoffs.

The teams that seek out tough teams across the country are making TN lacrosse better!

are you serious?? i bet your doesnt even play them and you probably wouldnt stand a chance against them. there are very few teams in the state that travel out of state to play the best teams in the country so props to mba and shame on you. its teams like these that bring more attention to TN lax and better themselves and its people like you that bring everyone else down

are you serious?? i bet your doesnt even play them and you probably wouldnt stand a chance against them. there are very few teams in the state that travel out of state to play the best teams in the country so props to mba and shame on you. its teams like these that bring more attention to TN lax and better themselves and its people like you that bring everyone else down

I bet your doesnt?

I see you've been getting a fine education. MBA doesnt need to travel to WA to get ready for TN teams.

I bet your doesnt?

I see you've been getting a fine education. MBA doesnt need to travel to WA to get ready for TN teams.

That's where you're wrong. Since there are typically only 3 (maybe 4 or 5 in an up year) good teams in TN, MBA,as well as McCallie and MUS, usually have to travel to find legitimate opponents that will prepare them for the other strong TN teams on their schedules. They 've been doing this for over a decade now. Did they need to go as far as Washington? Probably not. But, it was a good opportunity to play several strong teams in a short period of time.

Since you have yet to throw out a better alternative, what would you suggest MBA do to prepare to make a run through the state tournament. Keep in mind that will probably mean having to play either MUS or McCallie or both twice to win a championship. Are you implying they would be better served to stay in Nashville and hang 20 on on some of the DII teams? I don't see how that helps anyone get better...

I bet your doesnt?

team*

its not just for getting ready for teams like McCallie and MUS, its playing a whole different level of lacrosse. Ravenwood went up to play Boys Latin the year they won state and lost by a large margin. It wasnt about going to beat one of the best if not the best team in the country that year it was about raising them to another level of play and on top of that it was fun. there is no harm in going way out of state to play another team. especially when you play in tourneys like these it brings attention to the players and brings scouts back to tennessee which gives others a chance to be looked at

MacLaxx,

Excuse me for speaking for everyone here, but I think we would all like to know just what your problem is with teams (namely MBA) traveling out of state to play games. Two years ago CBHS travelled to Dallas to play some better competition, and came back a much, much better team. You get better by playing the best, or by playing the best you can play. Someone (I'm not sure who) mentioned on this thread that playing out of state gets more exposure for the state of Tennessee in general... they were right. More and more colleges are looking into TN because our teams are starting to travel out of state and select players are going to out of state camps. It's odd how bitter you are about the whole situation. Did you have a bad experience with out of state travel? If so, please share it with us so that the healing process can, hopefully, begin. Perhaps you lost a loved one to an out of state lacrosse tournament. These things happen, but please try to understand that your hurt and anger cannot, and should not, stop other teams from getting better.

The best of luck to you, and to all of the teams traveling out of state to play. Win or lose, it's great. Roll Tide.