Oliver Springs vs. Clarkrange

OS91

Back to the game and this is a tough match-up for OS. Clarkrange is so big and the Lady 'Cats are going to have to keep them off the offensive boards. If they don't box out and the rebounds turn into 50-50 balls then Clarkrange will get most of these. And as quick as Heady was at getting position yesterday it is a must to find her quick and get a body into her.

Offensively, OS is going to have to shoot a high percentage because I don't think they'll get a lot of second chance opportunities against the bigger Lady Buffaloes. I also think they'll need to push the pace and try to beat Clarkrange down the floor. This could help get more second chance points and hopefully easier baskets.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the game and this is a tough match-up for OS. Clarkrange is so big and the Lady 'Cats are going to have to keep them off the offensive boards. If they don't box out and the rebounds turn into 50-50 balls then Clarkrange will get most of these. And as quick as Heady was at getting position yesterday it is a must to find her quick and get a body into her.

Offensively, OS is going to have to shoot a high percentage because I don't think they'll get a lot of second chance opportunities against the bigger Lady Buffaloes. I also think they'll need to push the pace and try to beat Clarkrange down the floor. This could help get more second chance points and hopefully easier baskets.

Well said Goose!!

Good luck LADY BUFFALOES from Hogeye!! I think all of that talk on the single A Miss Basketball thread may motivate these girls to really put a thrashing on Oliver Springs. There was a Christopher fan ??¦KGM??¦ that said this I sat with one of the coaches scouting the CR/JC game in Gainesboro and she said there wasn't anyone on the floor capable of playing D1 and she was 100% correct. KGM??¦ you can say Kayla turned down all these big D1 schools to go to UTC but the fact is the Upper Cumberland puts out plenty of athletes that play for D1 schools. Your opinion of a D1 School is like UT/UConn/LSU I have news for you??¦.those are just the big ones. Don??™t try to make these girls from Clarkrange & Jackson Co. look bad to try to make Christopher look better.

Get it done Lady Buffaloes.

I don't even know how to respond to this. When I said D1 I actually meant major D1 programs not mid-major such as Tech, Austin Peay, UTC, etc. I have already clarified that. Christopher is a 5' 8" guard who can play anywhere. She had offers from many major D1 schools but chose UTC for her own reasons. The other girls I was talking about from CR and JC are post players who, though great players, lack the size to play post at any major D1 school. That's not a knock on them. I cetainly would never try and make them bad. They cannot help how big or small they are. Plus, I am a huge Clarkrange fan and look forward to seeing them secure the 8th state championship in the school's history (I hope). Good luck Lady Buffaloes and bring back the gold.

GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Will you be at the game Friday?

YES, GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hog,

I think you are attempting to make a point that's not relevant. While JC and Clarkrange might or might not have division 1 players, it's obvious Clarkrage has one of the best rosters of high school basketball players in the state. The depth, high basketball IQ, and coaching of Clarkrange is phenomenal.

It's relevant to Clarkrange. They need to have a fire under them. If I were playing OS after reading that post I would have something to prove. Go Buffaloes!

I don't even know how to respond to this. When I said D1 I actually meant major D1 programs not mid-major such as Tech, Austin Peay, UTC, etc. I have already clarified that. Christopher is a 5' 8" guard who can play anywhere. She had offers from many major D1 schools but chose UTC for her own reasons. The other girls I was talking about from CR and JC are post players who, though great players, lack the size to play post at any major D1 school. That's not a knock on them. I cetainly would never try and make them bad. They cannot help how big or small they are. Plus, I am a huge Clarkrange fan and look forward to seeing them secure the 8th state championship in the school's history (I hope). Good luck Lady Buffaloes and bring back the gold.

Just curious to know, who are some of the D1 schools she turned down. Good Luck to The BUFFS

Just curious to know, who are some of the D1 schools she turned down. Good Luck to The BUFFS

The ones I know of:

Louisville ( top 10 team), Kentucky, and MTSU ( top 25 team this year) were the final 3 along with Chattanooga I believe. Goose or someone else might be more privy to this than I.

Also, She narrowed her choices down really early and eliminated many other bigger schools and focused on schools closer to home.

Post From devils08 aka Clarkrange Fan

Back at you!!!

this is to funny u think that Oliver Springs can beat Clarkrange. What makes u think that Clarkrange is going down r u insane Clarkrange's avg point margin is 10 to 20 points over each opponent the only school that played within single digits of Clarkrange was Jackson County they only won by 9 and it was at JC. I dont think their is a school in the single A tourney that can match Clarkrange this girls r undefeated for a reason and that is because they play great offense which avg. 63 points a game and their defense holds teams to an avg of 37 points a game. Like i told my friends that this year is Clarkrange's year and ur gonna ask me why im defending and cheering on Clarkrange even though our skools r rivals when it comes to state ill cheer for anyone that comes out of district 7A and PC dont feel left out im pullin for yall to but anyways GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY BUFFS OF CLARKRANGE AND LADY BOBCATS OF PICKETT COUNTY!!!!!!! From Devils08. Go show the state why we r the best district in the state and bring that gold ball back to the Upper Cumberland.

yea i knew some idiot couldnt read like i said in my post ^^^^^^^^ the reason im cheering for Clarkrange is because they r out of district 7A so next time u decide to put aka clarkrange fan read before u type!!!!!

Thought CR had nerves of steel...???? You mean there is a human side to CR?

It couldn't have been that Forrest was playing awesome defense in the first half....now could it?! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Clarkrange will be ready. Today was nerves in the first half against Forrest. I anticipate that when they play against OS on Friday that it will be a great game. I hope to see Clarkrange go all the way.

I will say that Clarkrange has a very strong defense and that will continue to make them the favorite.

Go Lady Buffaloes!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />