Oliver Springs vs. Clarkrange

OS91

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CR girls play hard every single game! It doesn't matter if they are in the state championship game or playing a team that hasn't won a game all season. You can tell those girls live and breathe basketball and that they love it. They are also very well disciplined and coached. If you watch them before, after, or even during time outs or breaks, they ALWAYS run on and off the court. They always pay attention to their coach when he is speaking. They do this for their coach and for themselves because they know what it takes to be champions. Their chemistry is great and you can't focus on one player, because another one will eat you alive. You can tell that they are close because they play well together and even the players on the bench participate when their not in the game by cheering the others on. I love watching them play...except when we are the opponent lol. They are a great basketball team. Congrats to the Lady Buffalos and good luck in the championship game. You deserve the win. Congrats to the Lady Cats for a great season. The seniors have left behind a great legacy to be proud of.

I fail to see where their comments were inappropriate. OS should have thought going into the game Clarkrange was beatable. If not, why show up? They simply said Clarkrange wasn't invincible. What am I missing? Should they have trembled and all prayed at center court that Clarkrange have mercy on them?

You guys and gals need to get off the plateau some or maybe even organize a football program since other schools like oakdale, coalfield, and sunbright have a lot less enrollments than you and feild programs. Too much time on your hands if you believe an opposing team shouldn't go into a game thinking they have an opportunity to win.

I wonder if Clarkrange would be in this position if not for the Monterey transfer who left her hometown to play for Clarkrange. Isn't she CR's leading scorer or close to it this year?

If I am not mistaken this is the exact same team that finished state runner-up last year without Heady? So I think they could have done alright! With Heady though, their in a class of their own!

The storm has blowed through the boro. The thunder of the buffs has been heard. Congrats.. Lady Buffs... Hang in there options, gold is headed tp the mt....

I was a nervous wreck at halftime with a 14 point lead and was still nervous when he subbed in the 3rd with a 30 point lead. I won't be able to relax until it is over!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I was a nervous wreck at halftime with a 14 point lead and was still nervous when he subbed in the 3rd with a 30 point lead. I won't be able to relax until it is over!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I havent got a fingernail left after the la game today either!! Well, best of luck to you and the girls have worked hard and deserve it. They will finish what they started... I got the faith. They are on a mission and it is not impossible... I may have to watch on the tube..better not see you and 7a showing out or nothing lol!! Go Getr done /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The CR girls play hard every single game! It doesn't matter if they are in the state championship game or playing a team that hasn't won a game all season. You can tell those girls live and breathe basketball and that they love it. They are also very well disciplined and coached. If you watch them before, after, or even during time outs or breaks, they ALWAYS run on and off the court. They always pay attention to their coach when he is speaking. They do this for their coach and for themselves because they know what it takes to be champions. Their chemistry is great and you can't focus on one player, because another one will eat you alive. You can tell that they are close because they play well together and even the players on the bench participate when their not in the game by cheering the others on. I love watching them play...except when we are the opponent lol. They are a great basketball team. Congrats to the Lady Buffalos and good luck in the championship game. You deserve the win. Congrats to the Lady Cats for a great season. The seniors have left behind a great legacy to be proud of.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> AMEN! Actions of a team do not go un noted, These action you decribe is what makes a good team and some take months to figure that out and others never figure it out. Chemistry among players make a great team. Proud to be an upper cumberland fan..It exciting for the fans to be apart of these teams representing our area..We love the Mt's lol Get ready its going to be some good ones tomorrow /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Good Luck to them all!! May God Bless them and have an Injury free Games.

I fail to see where their comments were inappropriate. OS should have thought going into the game Clarkrange was beatable. If not, why show up? They simply said Clarkrange wasn't invincible. What am I missing? Should they have trembled and all prayed at center court that Clarkrange have mercy on them?

You guys and gals need to get off the plateau some or maybe even organize a football program since other schools like oakdale, coalfield, and sunbright have a lot less enrollments than you and feild programs. Too much time on your hands if you believe an opposing team shouldn't go into a game thinking they have an opportunity to win.

I wonder if Clarkrange would be in this position if not for the Monterey transfer who left her hometown to play for Clarkrange. Isn't she CR's leading scorer or close to it this year?

Most of this post is inappropriate, but I will try to answer as appropriately as I can. It's not bad that she was confident in her ability to lift her team up over CR, it was the fact that she did it in a manner to make our girls out to look like they think that they are invincible. Our girls don't think like that, they go out each game and play as hard as they can and accept the consequences. So far the consequences have been favorable. One of our players after the game talked about how much respect they have for her, and really liked her mentality on the floor. But that same player was motivated a little by her comments and really tried to keep her from scoring!! You just don't wake a sleeping giant. I did admire her comments afterwards when reminded about what she had said yesterday. She answered with honesty and humility, very classy. She will have a bright future and good luck to her at UTC and life!

I believe that someone already took care of that last remark of yours for me! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most of this post is inappropriate, but I will try to answer as appropriately as I can. It's not bad that she was confident in her ability to lift her team up over CR, it was the fact that she did it in a manner to make our girls out to look like they think that they are invincible. Our girls don't think like that, they go out each game and play as hard as they can and accept the consequences. So far the consequences have been favorable. One of our players after the game talked about how much respect they have for her, and really liked her mentality on the floor. But that same player was motivated a little by her comments and really tried to keep her from scoring!! You just don't wake a sleeping giant. I did admire her comments afterwards when reminded about what she had said yesterday. She answered with honesty and humility, very classy. She will have a bright future and good luck to her at UTC and life!

I believe that someone already took care of that last remark of yours for me! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very well stated. That about wraps things up for this one lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Unless I'm in left field, I am assuming the comments being discussed in this thread are from a Knoxville News Sentinel article highlighting OS's win over Lake County. That particular article had 2-3 quotes from KC and Coach C regarding OS's Class A semifinal match up with Clarkrange.

I want to ensure we're on the same page and this is the correct article.

I fail to see disrespectful comments. My take was something completely different. I see a Coach and team excited after a 1st round state tourney win and in the initial stages of discussing it's ensuing match up with a foe that's #1 in state, defending state champs, undefeated, and already beaten OS twice.

Let's put this into perspective:

The comments were made after OS's quarterfinal victory over Lake County in post game interviews. The quotes/comments were most likely answers from reporters questions. It's plausible some of the questions were:

" Everyone thinks Clarkrange is unbeatable. Do you think Clarkrange is beatable?"

"You've played Clarkrange twice, are you happy to be playing them a third time"?

" After losing to Clarkrange twice earlier this season by double digits, what are OS's chances?."

Quotes can be misleading - especially when taken out of context or selectively applying comments supporting the writer's slant while at the same time dismissing comments not aligning with the slant.

The Knoxville News Sentinel's covers Oliver Springs HS athletics. It's natural for the KNS to project OS as a motivated and confident team after a state tourney win when facing the #1 team.

Should all answers have been along the lines of " we are just happy to be in MBORO" or " We have no chance against Clarkrange"?

Unless I'm in left field, I am assuming the comments being discussed in this thread are from a Knoxville News Sentinel article highlighting OS's win over Lake County. That particular article had 2-3 quotes from KC and Coach C regarding OS's Class A semifinal match up with Clarkrange.

I want to ensure we're on the same page and this is the correct article.

I fail to see disrespectful comments. My take was something completely different. I see a Coach and team excited after a 1st round state tourney win and in the initial stages of discussing it's ensuing match up with a foe that's #1 in state, defending state champs, undefeated, and already beaten OS twice.

Let's put this into perspective:

The comments were made after OS's quarterfinal victory over Lake County in post game interviews. The quotes/comments were most likely answers from reporters questions. It's plausible some of the questions were:

" Everyone thinks Clarkrange is unbeatable. Do you think Clarkrange is beatable?"

"You've played Clarkrange twice, are you happy to be playing them a third time"?

" After losing to Clarkrange twice earlier this season by double digits, what are OS's chances?."

Quotes can be misleading - especially when taken out of context or selectively applying comments supporting the writer's slant while at the same time dismissing comments not aligning with the slant.

The Knoxville News Sentinel's covers Oliver Springs HS athletics. It's natural for the KNS to project OS as a motivated and confident team after a state tourney win when facing the #1 team.

Should all answers have been along the lines of " we are just happy to be in MBORO" or " We have no chance against Clarkrange"?

Good point 91. A lot of times what is said and what is meant are two different things. It just seemed that KC was being a bit disrespectful to our team. She may not have meant it that way, but that is how they took it. Whatever was meant the result was that OS faced a lot more determined and focused team because of it. Clarkrange took KC out her game.

Good point 91. A lot of times what is said and what is meant are two different things. It just seemed that KC was being a bit disrespectful to our team. She may not have meant it that way, but that is how they took it. Whatever was meant the result was that OS faced a lot more determined and focused team because of it. Clarkrange took KC out her game.

First off, Miss Christopher should not be a target of adults on this post ! She is a high school kid, not an adult and everyone knows quotes are misquoted in the newspaper!! I'm sure if the outcome was that Clark Range had gotten beat the quotes would have went the other direction. She wasn not being disrespectful, to anyone. Its the other way around. CR was the team to be beat and the whole OS community knew it. Now having said this, I can assure you, that CR may go undefeated and thats great, but....... be careful in what you say cause it could very well sneak up behind you and bite you on your backside. The OS team gave up after the first quarter and any one watching knows that defeat was there. How many times I've watched these girls play with heart and giving 100% is amazing!! Unfortunately, it appeared that only 2 or 3 people on the floor wanted it bad enough!! The 7 seniors on the OS team have huge accompolishments on their records and have excelled beyond belief. Just didn't get a gold ball is the only one. Life goes on to bigger and better things!!!! Be very careful of your backside, a wise person once told me, what goes around comes around and experience had taught that this is SO VERY TRUE!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />