Big News from AC

futbolfan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing but the upmost respect for Coach Kerr. I hate to see him go. It's not going to be the same without him. I wish him and his family the best!

Ditto.

I don't think we will see many more men who will put forth the type of work and energy it takes to be a head coach for 30+ years. Politics, policies, and the "what have you done for me lately" mentality make it hard for many guys to last in coaching. Coaches like Kerr are a dying breed. Regardless of your personal feelings about the man, you cannot deny his accomplishments as a coach and as a mentour to the many who have played for and worked with him. I have watched many of his teams play over the years, and I respect the man for not only the product he put on the field, but also for the time and energy he spent helping kids grow into men. Thank you, Coach, for giving us exciting games to watch and for contributing so much to our area over the years.

Kerr should be congratulated and thanked for the many years of molding young men...his record speaks for itself. He is a good man, and was a good coach. The TN football scene will not be the same without him. You will be missed coach.

How could Samples be ahead of Justin Price? JP is a VERY knowledgable coach. He is an AC guy, and when...not to mention names...Scott Co. coach...turned Kerr down multiple times for the OC job JP was happy to take it. In fact, it was his dream job second to becoming the HC. He graduated from AC...it was the only place he ever talked about wanting to coach coming out of college. Justin is also a model young man...Church on Sundays, good worker etc. I could not imagine having a better role model for young players than he is, when so many people his age are into the party scene. Justin would spend his whole career at AC if given the chance. Samples is currently coaching below JP, how could he stay on staff if jumped by an assistant...my instincts tell me he would leave if Samples got the job. I know loyalty seems to be worth very little these days...ala Fulmer firing. But, Justin is a Mav for life if hired as the HC. I see Samples as another coach out there looking for a "better deal". Where is his loyalty? Could he be a long term coach...I doubt that. If AC is looking for stability and professionalism one could not favor an outsider over an AC grad when the AC grad has so much ability and promise. Samples has very little experience...he coaches a position...thus he does not face the problems and decisions that go along with game planning, program planning that a coordinator does. That is why people in coaching RARELY make the jump from position coach to Head Coach...just doesn't lend the "Quality Experience" needed to become a HC. Being a coordinator certainly prepares one to be a HC, since the responsibility is so similar.

Lambert would be a good hire, but a young coach such as Justin could continue the improvement that was apparent when he and Matt came on board...look at the turnaround they made. 5-5, 4-6, Prices hired and they go 8-4 twice I think...with a heartbreaking loss to the eventual state champs last year, and a loss to state champ Fulton the year before. Also Lambert has children in Oneida...his family is from there...that would be a tough move for him. AC would benefit from hiring a guy that the kids can relate to/respect. The numbers would likely improve, and there is no doubt they would assemble a solid staff. If AC loses either of the Prices they are losing their future I think...Matt and Justin are the face of the Program now, and they should embrace Justin as the new HC.

WOW!!!!

MARLOW50..So seriously does J.P. like boxers or briefs? You are playing favorites so bad its not even funny... I am guessing you are a family member or a really good friend of the Prices...Wait maybe you just want to get a good coaching job at AC and J.P. being the head man is the best way for you to get your foot in the door.

head coach at 25? I don't see it happening. Hate to bust your buddle.. Its all up to T.L. if anyone stands a chance at AC or not...

State Champs BABY!!!!

WOW!!!!

MARLOW50..So seriously does J.P. like boxers or briefs? You are playing favorites so bad its not even funny... I am guessing you are a family member or a really good friend of the Prices...Wait maybe you just want to get a good coaching job at AC and J.P. being the head man is the best way for you to get your foot in the door.

head coach at 25? I don't see it happening. Hate to bust your buddle.. Its all up to T.L. if anyone stands a chance at AC or not...

State Champs BABY!!!!

I am certainly a friend, but I also said Tony was the best option...he is simply in a great situation up in Oneida, thus, I don't think he'd leave. I live in KY...no chance I'd coach in TN...sorry to "burst your bubble" on that one.

I sincerely think that would be the best move for AC this late in the game. A head coaching search this late in the year is tough. I personally prefer loyalty as well. AC would benefit from having a successful alumni lead their program. I wasn't knocking anyone either, but from my own coaching experience, I realize that a position coach...which I am, is not ready for the jump to HC. A coordinator is MORE able to make the transition...that is a fact.

Oh and I'd guess Boxers! Come on man that is off the wall.

WOW!!!!

State Champs BABY!!!!

Don't know who the head coach might be. I have no problems with JP. He had you guys on the rope all night til the refs took over. Known him since middle school. He and his brother are great examples for our young men here in Anderson County. Offensively minded. Hard working. They said freshmen couldn't play varsity football at AC. Coleman proved "them" wrong. Why not a HC at 25? I bet you he would prove "them" wrong also. If anyone could, JP would. Why do you want to know someone's underwear preference? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I am certainly a friend, but I also said Tony was the best option...he is simply in a great situation up in Oneida, thus, I don't think he'd leave. I live in KY...no chance I'd coach in TN...sorry to "burst your bubble" on that one.

I sincerely think that would be the best move for AC this late in the game. A head coaching search this late in the year is tough. I personally prefer loyalty as well. AC would benefit from having a successful alumni lead their program. I wasn't knocking anyone either, but from my own coaching experience, I realize that a position coach...which I am, is not ready for the jump to HC. A coordinator is MORE able to make the transition...that is a fact.

Oh and I'd guess Boxers! Come on man that is off the wall.

WELL THE REASON, WHY SAMPLES IS AHEAD OF JP IS BC HE WAS A HEAD COACH OF A 1A TEAM IN GEORGIA A FEW YRS BK, LIKE I SAID EITHER ONE IS A GOOD FIT FOR AC BUT WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR DOESNT DECIDE IF THEY GET THE JOB OR NOT, ITS THE PRINCIPAL OF THE SCHOOL, AND I PROMISE YOU DEAL AND LAMBERT ARE CLOSE AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK LAMBERT WONT COME BK IF GIVEN THE OPPERTUNITY, HE WAS DOWN HERE FOR THE MAJORITY OF HIS CAREER, AND ON TOP OF THAT HE IS PRETTY CLOSE TO DEAL, AND MRS STOOKSBERRY, , MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SAMPLES LEAVE, THAT WAY YOU COULD COME DOWN HERE AND COACH WITH THEM, NOT SAYIN THAT WOULD BE A BAD THING, IV SEEN ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS DOWN HERE AN AWFUL LOT LATELY. JOSH KERR WILL NOT BE A CANIDATE FOR THE JOB, AS WELL AS GARRY TERRY WONT EITHER, YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST, DNT LET IT DISSAPOINT YOU WHEN YOUR BOY DNT GET THE JOB, AND IT GOES TO EITHER TODD SAMPLES, TONY LAMBERT, AND IV HEARD IT SAID MANY TIMES HERE IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YRS, THE NAME JIMMY GAYLOR KEEPS COMING UP, DNT CARE WHO GETS IT HONESTLY BC I DNT HAVE A DOG IN THE FIGHT ANYMORE.